Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Marin Jakolis, one year loan from Angers. I reckon he could be a surprise packet for us playing with Arslan, Jmac and Leckie & Co.and give us some nice football up front. And I must say I like the quote from him on the club press release.

Not too many downsides with this bloke. Not taking up a visa. 1 year loan so no risk if he doesn't work out. Looks like he will be a good addition upfront and lastly he will be trying hard to impress to try and get a look in for the national team...

• Like 6

Good that we have the Tilio replacement in now. Going by my checklist all we need now is;

-Attacking Midfielder (Berisha Replacement)

- Left Back (Bos Replacement)

-Centre Back (Lam Replacement)

We still have 2 visa slots left which I would use on a AM & CB and try and go Aussie for Left Back

Edited by Zanty

Silly old fart that I may be but I think Aziz might be one of the few players who we would welcome back with a standing ovation, particularly those of us who are Foundation Members.

On that note, I wish that going forward from here the players would come to the Southern End at every final whistle, win lose or draw, and acknowledge the fans. Football might be a business, but there is no need to abandon the threads that have held football together for 150 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

So far then in terms of first team replacements:

Lam - Saprouyan

O’Neill - Urgakovic 

Bos - Behich

Tilio - Jakolis

Berisha - Arslan 

Van de Venne - Sakhi (rumoured)

Gomulka (we never replaced) - Antonis 

Hopefully they are all close to the replacements in quality and output...think Arslan could be an improvement over Berisha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Would be a solid signing!!

Most (or all?)of the rumours have been confirmed signings so far. Just looked on transfermarkt - played in Ligue 1 last season but limited match time in the second half of the season. Under contract at Auxerre until June 2025, so perhaps a loan? Market value estimated at 2m Euros - I wouldn't think we would offer that sort of dosh.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamza-sakhi/profil/spieler/263951

Very interesting rumour.

Edited by jw1739

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Most (or all?)of the rumours have been confirmed signings so far. Just looked on transfermarkt - played in Ligue 1 last season but limited match time in the second half of the season. Under contract at Auxerre until June 2025, so perhaps a loan? Market value estimated at 2m Euros - I wouldn't think we would offer that sort of dosh.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamza-sakhi/profil/spieler/263951

Very interesting rumour.

From what has been reported no mention of any loan. 

6 minutes ago, Zanty said:

From what has been reported no mention of any loan. 

Realise that so just speculation on my part. But just saying that I don't think we usually enter the transfer market as such on the "buy" side.

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Jordon Hall has been resigned for another year. He supplies us with that CB coverage. Actually like this guy, hasn't really put a foot wrong on the limited times he has played

Yes, I'd say he's looking like someone we're eyeing as a central defender going forward beyond one season - succession planning.

55 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

And confirmed Berenguer has been released.

Always sad to see a player depart, but that's contract employment and he couldn't command a regular place last season for whatever reason. Good club servant so best to remember him that way.

4 hours ago, Zanty said:

other way round, Arslan replaces VDV Sakhi would replace Berisha

I alway seen VDV as a more advanced attacking midfielder with Berisha more CM. That’s how we played.

Same with Sakhi, he seems more attacking than Arslan.

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I alway seen VDV as a more advanced attacking midfielder with Berisha more CM. That’s how we played.

Same with Sakhi, he seems more attacking than Arslan.

Arslan is a VDV replacement but Rado seemingly going for a different profile of player, Arslan is very good at picking up the ball in midfield and making runs with the ball at his feet. This is why we saw VDV play less when Rado came in as Berenguer fit that profile more than VDV did.

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

Arslan is a VDV replacement but Rado seemingly going for a different profile of player, Arslan is very good at picking up the ball in midfield and making runs with the ball at his feet. This is why we saw VDV play less when Rado came in as Berenguer fit that profile more than VDV did.

So he's more of a replacement for Florin; that helps to explain why he's been released

8 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Supposedly at his current club he's on about 1 mil aud a year. For that kind of money you'd want him to be a Johnny Warren level player

Valued on transfermarkt at 2m Euros. Two seasons left on his contract at Auxerre. I can't see us paying that kind of transfer fee. That's why I'm thinking maybe it's a loan. We'll see.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Valued on transfermarkt at 2m Euros. Two seasons left on his contract at Auxerre. I can't see us paying that kind of transfer fee. That's why I'm thinking maybe it's a loan. We'll see.

I was talking more in terms of wages. I think they're saying hes on about 86k aud a month on his current contract.

Edited by IssySG

13 minutes ago, IssySG said:

I was talking more in terms of wages. I think they're saying hes on about 86k aud a month on his current contract.

Maybe we're going to pay part of his wage?  Or he's a marquee? Part payment is OK by ALM. I don't know what Berisha was on. Much depends on the specifics of a loan deal.

I can't imagine a player with two years to run on a contract would voluntarily make a decision to quit it, unless there are other reasons that we don't know about it.

In that context I always like re-reading the story of Winston Bogarde at Chelsea...