Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

13 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Nah. I think an absolute coup. Difficult not to like the guy or recognise his talent. He'll be brilliant motivating the youth team players.

I just wonder what coaching qualifications he has? Are formal coaching accreditations required when coaching young players at an A-League club Academy or at an assistant level with the seniors?

55 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just wonder what coaching qualifications he has? Are formal coaching accreditations required when coaching young players at an A-League club Academy or at an assistant level with the seniors?

NPL Juniors coaches need accreditations, would have gotten UEFA license when he returned back to Italy most likely or studied while playing 

17 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Nah. I think an absolute coup. Difficult not to like the guy or recognise his talent. He'll be brilliant motivating the youth team players.

The only reason I'm not wrapped with it is that we're having a great few months for the youth team and if we're going to get promoted we'd have to be perfect from here on out and a coaching change can't be great for that.

3 hours ago, HughJass said:

NPL Juniors coaches need accreditations, would have gotten UEFA license when he returned back to Italy most likely or studied while playing 

I note that nothing in the news release makes any mention of same. It's the sort of detail that I think members and other fans are interested in.

10 minutes ago, citypool said:

Is this like a general discussion thread now 🤓

No. Discussion should really be in the Manager and Coaches thread. Perhaps I should suspend myself for 48 hours? My wife thinks I spend far too much time on football...she doesn't understand that it's my religion.

Just now, jw1739 said:

No. Discussion should really be in the Manager and Coaches thread. Perhaps I should suspend myself for 48 hours? My wife thinks I spend far too much time on football...she doesn't understand that it's my religion.

All good my only thoughts on the transfer market ATM the outs are good and I'm happy to follow any Aussie playing abroad but the ins are pretty dull hopefully all teams get some good transfers in because the a league needs to bring more people in 

• Like 1

Max Caputo has signed until end of 2025-26. The way I read it is that he is now on a senior contract.

Personally really pleased at this news.

Think we've still got a forward or two to announce now.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

The only reason I'm not wrapped with it is that we're having a great few months for the youth team and if we're going to get promoted we'd have to be perfect from here on out and a coaching change can't be great for that.

Diamanti is starting in September. NPL2 finishes up in August so that allays your concern

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Max Caputo has signed until end of 2025-26. The way I read it is that he is now on a senior contract.

Personally really pleased at this news.

Think we've still got a forward or two to announce now.

Desperately needs to be given significant minutes this year. He's an ideal size for a CF as opposed to Maclaren. And we need to look to the future with this kid. Funnily enough I put that on FB and Max's mum gave me a heart

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, citypool said:

Thanks CFG we give you so many of our young blood and you repay us with this no name

On loan from Ligue 1 Angers to AEK Larnaca last season. Angers relegated to Ligue 2 and they don't want him.
On paper a total no-name.

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

On loan from Ligue 1 Angers to AEK Larnaca last season. Angers relegated to Ligue 2 and they don't want him.
On paper a total no-name.

All these "Big Name" signings have flopped here, why do you guys want one so bad when these hidden gems have always ended up performing better?

I want more people in the crowd but not at the expense of results or quality 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, citypool said:

Thanks CFG we give you so many of our young blood and you repay us with this no name

He looks pretty good if you ask me! Plus he's a good age 26, good pace and can shoot on both feet. Particularly his right foot curling shot is nice! 

• Like 1

Translates to 

Marin Jakoliš from Angers SCO will sign for Melbourne City FC. The 26-year-old has an Australian passport and is targeting a selection with the Socceroos to compete in the Asian Cup in January 2024. The winger was on loan from AEK Larnaca in Cyprus this season.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Can we? - I doubt it. The salary cap is pretty low now, and I don't think he's a marquee or designated player.

But he would be eligible for a fair bit exemption under the loyaltie rules?

Letting proven loyal players go will make the cap only smaller.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@citypool When money talks, people walk. As a Liverpool supporter I'm sure that you would be aware of that just at the moment. If there's any substance to the rumour, Goody would be looking at his future beyond his present contract with City.

Yep which is why I'm losing interest in club football. International football is better imo 

23 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Marin Jakolis, one year loan from Angers. I reckon he could be a surprise packet for us playing with Arslan, Jmac and Leckie & Co.and give us some nice football up front. And I must say I like the quote from him on the club press release.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1