Melbourne Football

Damien Duff

Harrison

Are we as City supporters will be signing a scarf or some big Get Well card for this guy? May not heal his injury but will definitely warm his heart.

I think I'll try to make an adjustment to the Duffman two stick, hopefully before Sunday but more likely by the Adelaide game. Just depends when I can get it from the club.

with crutches?

It's bloody huge so i reckon it would work as a stretcher ;)

Edited by thisphantomfortress

Are we as City supporters will be signing a scarf or some big Get Well card for this guy? May not heal his injury but will definitely warm his heart.

absolutely. He has been one of the few this season who has given it all for the club, deserves something from the supporters.

Club could be smart for once and get him to do a lap of honour before the Perth Glory match, or the last home match of the season. Same for all those who will be leaving of course, or indeed the whole squad. Not rocket science.

absolutely. He has been one of the few this season who has given it all for the club, deserves something from the supporters.

Club could be smart for once and get him to do a lap of honour before the Perth Glory match, or the last home match of the season. Same for all those who will be leaving of course, or indeed the whole squad. Not rocket science. They won't do that until there is a 0% chance of him re-signing

A very sad ending to his stay at our club, he showed his class in every game he played and gave his all for the shirt i think he will be sorely missed by the club. I only hope he recovers and can play again in Ireland as he planned i wish him a speedy recovery and a safe and happy future, Thank you Damien Duff.

• Like 6

Ok I am getting confused. Duff season is over at least playing wise but has he left the club already or has there been an official announcement that he is returning to Ireland?

Its been common knowledge since he signed that he was only ever going to play for the year and return home to Ireland to play his final year in his homeland.

Ok I am getting confused. Duff season is over at least playing wise but has he left the club already or has there been an official announcement that he is returning to Ireland?

Its been common knowledge since he signed that he was only ever going to play for the year and return home to Ireland to play his final year in his homeland.

I guess my question is whether his family has already begun packing their bags or are they going to hang around till season's end?

It may not work out this way but I see Duff staying for a few reasons:

1) School has just started so he will most likely want his kids to see out the term

2) He will want immediate rehab on his injury

3) He is a big team player and puts in, so he will want to stay with the team till the end of the season

4) He is still contracted til the end of the season

5) The weather is currently better here than in Ireland

Edited by n i k o

i would think that he would stay so at least the club can get him fixed up. I hope he hangs around a bit

Would like him to be at the game this week, as a bare minimum. It would be good to get him out on the ground before the game or at halftime, so the supporters can show him that they appreciated a bloke that gave 100%. Plus, it would give us something to watch other than the usual banal shit.

For me at this point in the season and more importantly the big leagues we will be extremely lucky to get anyone to fill Duffs position.

It is now the CFG has to provide us with some relief. Send down a quality fringe forward.

Its basically like when your young and starting out in a relationship. The only real time you need a girlfriend is when your sick (apart from the obvious).

We have lost our independence but this should be an upside to the whole trade off. Pull your finger out Soriano or whoever pulls the strings and send down a player that is going to replace Duff.

Simple just do it.

• Like 1

http://www.transfermarkt.com/john-goossens/profil/spieler/35527

John Goossens almost the perfect injury replacement: injury prone, Dutch, and has experience with short term deals in far away countries. Unfortunately he's not 30+.

Is fit though, training with Utrecht and surely has dealt with JVS with 10 years in Ajax youth. I'd give him a call.

• Like 2

http://www.transfermarkt.com/john-goossens/profil/spieler/35527

John Goossens almost the perfect injury replacement: injury prone, Dutch, and has experience with short term deals in far away countries. Unfortunately he's not 30+.

Is fit though, training with Utrecht and surely has dealt with JVS with 10 years in Ajax youth. I'd give him a call.

Looks good, shame we won't get near anyone this talented

van 't Schip says we are looking for a replacement for Duff, but doesn't sound too hopeful as reported here:

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/melbourne-city-seek-duff-replacement/tabid/91/newsid/154392/default.aspx?

Wtf! He says he might get a midfielder or defender as an injury replacement, really JVS? Are you that fucking high!?

Transfer window closed, hard to find any quality players that haven't been signed during that time, only fringe players from other clubs that we could get on loan.

Get Chris eagles at the end of this season to replace duff... 29 year old winger who would dominate the a league

He's one of many I have seen that I believe would be great in this league.

He's just signed with Charlton, but his contract is only until the end of the season

• 2 weeks later...