Melbourne Football

Damien Duff

Harrison

Interesting to read that the dressing room is apparently rather quiet fairly often:

"Throughout my career I've probably been one of the more quiet players in the dressing room," he said.

"With age and experience you have to speak up a bit more.

"I think it needs to be done because we're a quiet dressing room at times."

Having played under the likes of Jose Mourinho, Roy Hodgson, Kevin Keegan and now John van't Schip, Duff is keen to emulate their efforts as a manager.

Taking on a mentoring or unofficial leadership role at City is moving him in the coaching direction but thankfully for City fans, he hasn't put away the playing kit just yet.

Duff has just got such a first class attitude, that promotes working hard. Very pleased to have a player like him in the team. All too often the club just seemed to sign up nice guys that didn't actually promote an effective attitude on the pitch, whereas with Duff we have a nice guy that promotes working hard and high standards. 

I'd say Duff is definitely the right kind of player that can help build a winning culture at a club. He's someone who can speak up and ensure the team's focused when the dressing room goes quiet, and I like it a lot that he's genuinely angry when the team loses (far too few players at this club have been like that).

I'm hopeful that Duff can keep up his performances for the remainder of the season, and then possibly be coaxed to stick around for one more season, on lower wages inline with the lesser game time that he'd probably have. Duff is a good example of the type of experienced player that this club has been lacking, and we need a couple of players like him to help establish a good culture and a good foundation for this re-branded club to build on.

Edited by Murfy1

Throw his wage at khalfallah at the end of the season, would not want him for another season even if he was open to it

Surely you're kidding...fuk that dirty camel jokey

I'll trade him, Barisha and archy for the bali smugglers awaiting execution right now

• Like 1

Throw his wage at khalfallah at the end of the season, would not want him for another season even if he was open to it

I'll trade him, Barisha and archy for the bali smugglers awaiting execution right now

not even debatable as to who's been better this season 

not even debatable as to who's been better this season

Fair call as the camel's ars has been good for the tards, that doesn't mean I want him at city.

Their pedo coach attained better results then jvs and if he ever came to city I would rather move to Canada and only watch curling comp

I'll trade him, Barisha and archy for the bali smugglers awaiting execution right now not even debatable as to who's been better this season Fair call as the camel's ars has been good for the tards, that doesn't mean I want him at city.

Their pedo coach attained better results then jvs and if he ever came to city I would rather move to Canada and only watch curling comp

Want to tone down the racist remarks there buddy? 

• Like 2

Where was I racist buddy?

You know exaclty how and where you did. You dont need me to point it out I didn't refer to his colour, race or religion so I hope we not sterilising things on here too much.

I don't think I could handle describing muscat as a just an unpleasant homo sapient.

Anyway...it Duffy's thread ;)

Even though Duff has had some flat games, but to me he genuinely cares when he plays. Has anyone else heard heard players say that they want to repay the owners with some silverware? The guy has heart. Only if other players had at least some heart too it would make losing a lot easier, not laughing after derby games when being hammered by the opposition like some players.

Ive always found it interesting that calling a kiwi a sheep shagger is completely fine but mention an arab and camel in the same sentence and its considered racist.

Its speciesism if anything.

Kiwi's are generally Anglo. Everyone knows you can't be racist to an Anglo...

• Like 2

The cunt who incited our supporters on Saturday? :facepalm:

Please Jimmy don't feed the trollNah, he's right. Let's throw big money at getting Muscat over to replace JVS as well and then maybe Thompson will follow him across as he doesn't seem to be getting much game time at Victory :)

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

not like he's as big a cunt as berisha

Please Jimmy don't feed the troll

jog on dickhead

jog on dickhead

Did you even go to/ watch the game Saturday? You seriously can't be advocating the signing of a player who actively attempted to aggrivate our active area.

It leaves two options a) you have no idea what you are talking about or B) you are a troll. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, clearly if you aren't trolling then you have no idea about football.

• Like 2

jog on dickhead

Did you even go to/ watch the game Saturday? You seriously can't be advocating the signing of a player who actively attempted to aggrivate our active area.

It leaves two options a) you have no idea what you are talking about or B) you are a troll. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, clearly if you aren't trolling then you have no idea about football.

I was there, i'd put aside a guy trying to piss us off if it meant it would improve our team 

Going by the alex tobin award, khalfallah has been best on 4 times and 2nd best 2 times.... duffs been 2nd and 3rd best on each once. I know who'd i'd rather

We must try and build a no cunt policy. Even if that means we get lesser quality players. Gypsy, Wife beater,and insert an appropriate stereo type for that other guy are players and people we should avoid at all costs. I will not have my boy running around calling there names wishing he was them. Sorry.

• Like 1

We must try and build a no cunt policy. Even if that means we get lesser quality players. Gypsy, Wife beater,and insert an appropriate stereo type for that other guy are players and people we should avoid at all costs. I will not have my boy running around calling there names wishing he was them. Sorry.

I'm happy and proud to have a team of gypsies if they are decent people and play good football. What has cultural grouping have to do with it?

No, I want us to do better but we need 11 Berishas as far as commitment and attitude. He's Albanian not a gypsy BTW

You aren't wrong if you mean youngish visa players who are a cut above the typical a-league player and committed to the cause. I love Duff always have, I even made the duffman banner we have in the terrace, but signings like him aren't going to provide any longevity.

Edited by thisphantomfortress

It doesn't look to good for Damien.

If he is out for the season, then I can see him mutually agreeing to terminate his contract, which will allow us to bring in another player.

Hope it isn't that serious.

Surely we could get an amazing injury replacement player for similar wages

If he is out for the season, then I can see him mutually agreeing to terminate his contract, which will allow us to bring in another player.

There is no point in doing that, because it brings up the salary cap problem. Better to have an injury replacement player.

Edited by jw1739

Surely we could get an amazing injury replacement player for similar wages

he has given the side very little for the wages he is on for me ,so if injury is bad then happy to get a younger fitter replacement !

There is no point in doing that, because it brings up the salary cap problem. Better to have an injury replacement player.

Why? I thought if you terminated your contract it would free the salary up for another player?