Melbourne Football

Match day 27: vs West Sydney @ AAMI Park, Saturday 12th of April, 5:30pm

cadete

apart from the ref being a dropkick cunt, jvs has let us down again, failing to win against 10 men in 2 games and now losing at home when we were leading. I thought he should of brought on paddy g so we could hold out the lead.
mifsud > williams
special mentions to ashley young (hersi), cuntaleb and the worst asian import ever

Edited by Thrillhouse

I was near players car park after the game waiting for someone.

As they come out and jumped into cars, I have to say I was disappointed to see few of them in very jovial mood.

Even jvs was joking around and didn't appear to be suffering.

Germano, Behich and Mate looked devastated.

Actually Germano was virtually in tears, felt for him as he was inconsolable

As they come out and jumped into cars, I have to say I was disappointed to see few of them in very jovial mood.

Germano was probably told he was not required next season

He said he is going to Manchester in July for few weeks with the club so I guess he is staying with us

And to be brutally frank, he would have deserved it on tonight's performance. And Dugandzic must now have missed as many sitters this season as Mifsud did.

Wanderers wanted the match more than we did, and every substitution they made improved their chances of winning, whereas every one we made increased our chances of losing. The quality just is not there in our squad. And I'll say this - the WSW players overall were far more athletic than ours. They moved the ball with pace and precision and at the end were cutting through us like a hot knife through butter.

And I agree with another comment - why doesn't JvS bring on another defender to try and defend a lead? PG should have come on as soon as we hit the front.

Highlights for me were Mauk and Garuccio. They put everything they had into it.

We've got a hell of a lot of work to do before taking the field next season. The whole mental state of mind of our club has to change before we can be successful.

But, just another typical Heart performance to conclude a horrible season. The way I feel tonight I don't really care what changes are in store for us - just so long as I can watch some winning football I'll be happy.

We were bottom for almost the whole season and now we have finished bottom. Melbourne Hearts identity has been cemented in the A-league, you can sugar coat it as much as you like but facts are facts and we have been the worst team in the A-League for the last 2 seasons..

R.I.P Melbourne Heart you never stood a chance with Sidwell, Munn, and JA..

Bring on Melbourne City, new era, new culture, new colours, new players...

Managed to make it home 15 mins into the game

1 ) Wielaart pushed the player who responded in turn with a little nudge. Not a foul.

2 ) Penalty was disappointing, very little in it

3 ) Kisnorbo was almost our only attacking threat. Dugandzic do better tbh.

4 ) Clearly the FFA/Fox ensured RBB had 20 mics in front of them

5 ) Why can't Mauk run out 90 minutes? If a half-crocked HK can then surely he can.

6 ) Of all places to do an 'exclusive' why is Orlando's agent talking to a small time blog? Seems fishy. Also his goal was class. Can we really do that much better in terms of a midfielder who can score?

Edited by theresonlyonebzamora

I met Behich senior on the way to my car. Great bloke, even played for the preston Lions in his hey day, which makes me like him even more. More to the point, he said Behich has an amazing passion for winning and can be very hard on himself. As a kid he always locked himself in his room after a loss. Perhaps he did the same last night..,

Anyway, he says he's back to Turkey during off season to see if he fits in and is wanted, otherwise he's back home. Pledges his commitment to the Aust squad. Kewell is his idol.

• Like 2

pretty much summed up tthe whole season in one match

the oppotunity to win the match is there,

Silly misses in front of goal

Silly mistakes at the back

a good mate of mine was at the match last night ( he played NSL) said that we are 3 good players away from being a finals team

it's no great insight to  say that we need a quality spine of the team, hopefully the off season provides those players

• Like 1

a good mate of mine was at the match last night ( he played NSL) said that we are 3 good players away from being a finals team

it's no great insight to  say that we need a quality spine of the team, hopefully the off season provides those players

I think you just about nailed it but I don't think that we are 3 quality players away from being in the top half. There are far too many basic skill errors, for example, when ever a Heart player headed the ball (and there was a lot of that yesterday) it almost invariably went to a contest or a WSW player whereas whenever a WSW player headed the ball it almost invariably went to a team mate. If the contracted players don't improve then the whole burden will fall on the new squad members to win the game - and team sports are very unforgiving when that happens.

I think you just about nailed it but I don't think that we are 3 quality players away from being in the top half. There are far too many basic skill errors, for example, when ever a Heart player headed the ball (and there was a lot of that yesterday) it almost invariably went to a contest or a WSW player whereas whenever a WSW player headed the ball it almost invariably went to a team mate. If the contracted players don't improve then the whole burden will fall on the new squad members to win the game - and team sports are very unforgiving when that happens.

During the match warmup exercises both teams were having their usual goal shots, We scored our usual rate of about 1:3 or 1:4. WSW scored around 3:4. This seems to be the usual pattern no matter whoever we play. If we can't even convert in a low pressure drill pre-game then we have serious skill deficits to correct

• Like 1

During the match warmup exercises both teams were having their usual goal shots, We scored our usual rate of about 1:3 or 1:4. WSW scored around 3:4. This seems to be the usual pattern no matter whoever we play. If we can't even convert in a low pressure drill pre-game then we have serious skill deficits to correct As a kid I once saw Gaz Snr missed 8/10 shots at goal in a Pregame warm up and then kick 9 goals against a decent opponent.

I think you just about nailed it but I don't think that we are 3 quality players away from being in the top half. There are far too many basic skill errors, for example, when ever a Heart player headed the ball (and there was a lot of that yesterday) it almost invariably went to a contest or a WSW player whereas whenever a WSW player headed the ball it almost invariably went to a team mate. If the contracted players don't improve then the whole burden will fall on the new squad members to win the game - and team sports are very unforgiving when that happens. During the match warmup exercises both teams were having their usual goal shots, We scored our usual rate of about 1:3 or 1:4. WSW scored around 3:4. This seems to be the usual pattern no matter whoever we play. If we can't even convert in a low pressure drill pre-game then we have serious skill deficits to correct As a kid I once saw Gaz Snr missed 8/10 shots at goal in a Pregame warm up and then kick 9 goals against a decent opponent.

Yes but we have shit carnts who crumble in pressure moments, not guys who rise to the occasion and  break a game open.

We pretty well much played 2nd spot off the park, if it wasn't for some questionable descisions by the ref, or better conversion of goals, we would have wone easily.

You're right moops.  At one level this means we are all ticked off that we still lost, but at another level it shows "we are close".  A classy central defender to play alongside Paddy k is a must for me.  Way too many soft goals this year.  If Man City (Australian franchise) bring in say 3 top players they'll be up there with the other 2 Sydney teams next year. 

Edited by Shahanga

We pretty well much played 2nd spot off the park, if it wasn't for some questionable descisions by the ref, or better conversion of goals, we would have wone easily.

You are right Moops, we are not far off. If we only had a half way decent striker and a bit more substance in defence. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be the signings to cover these gaps - there have already been some good moves (Mooy). How fantastic is next season going to be with the two Melbourne teams featuring in the finals?

Your right moops.  At one level this means we are all ticked off that we still lost, but at another level it shows "we are close".  A classy central defender to play alongside Paddy k is a must for me.  Way too many soft goals this year.  If Man City (Australian franchise) bring in say 3 top players they'll be up there with the other 2 Sydney teams next year. 

IMO Wielaert is one of the major disappointments of the season. Just not athletic enough to do the job required. Unfortunately we have him for another season.

One thing I do hope for the future, and I think we will get from the CFG scouting network, is that we cast a wider net for our overseas players and not focus so much on The Netherlands.

Your right moops.  At one level this means we are all ticked off that we still lost, but at another level it shows "we are close".  A classy central defender to play alongside Paddy k is a must for me.  Way too many soft goals this year.  If Man City (Australian franchise) bring in say 3 top players they'll be up there with the other 2 Sydney teams next year. 

IMO Wielaert is one of the major disappointments of the season. Just not athletic enough to do the job required. Unfortunately we have him for another season.

One thing I do hope for the future, and I think we will get from the CFG scouting network, is that we cast a wider net for our overseas players and not focus so much on The Netherlands.

Your wrong about Wielaert and why single out the Dutch.

Have a think about some of the south Americans we`ve had like Maycon.

You are right Moops, we are not far off. If we only had a half way decent striker and a bit more substance in defence. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be the signings to cover these gaps - there have already been some good moves (Mooy). How fantastic is next season going to be with the two Melbourne teams featuring in the finals?

You're right! Funny enough after four years we haven't had both Melburnian teams in the top 6 in the one season; in our only finals year victory finished bottom 4 so it'd be very exciting to (potentially) have both teams play finals after five seasons of Heart's existence!

But really, would prefer to see Muscat fcuk it all up and see them finish outside the top 6! haha

You're right! Funny enough after four years we haven't had both Melburnian teams in the top 6 in the one season; in our only finals year victory finished bottom 4 so it'd be very exciting to (potentially) have both teams play finals after five seasons of Heart's existence!

But really, would prefer to see Muscat fcuk it all up and see them finish outside the top 6! haha

No you don't !!!

You want him humiliated in the grand final where we demolish his team 4:0 ;)

Again

Imagine flogging them in a finals derby though!

You are right Moops, we are not far off. If we only had a half way decent striker and a bit more substance in defence. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be the signings to cover these gaps - there have already been some good moves (Mooy). How fantastic is next season going to be with the two Melbourne teams featuring in the finals? You're right! Funny enough after four years we haven't had both Melburnian teams in the top 6 in the one season; in our only finals year victory finished bottom 4 so it'd be very exciting to (potentially) have both teams play finals after five seasons of Heart's existence!

No you don't !!!

Again

Yeah, but I'd lose too much hair in the process worrying about potentially losing to the tards in a Grand Final!

I suppose demolishing them would be wonderful, but would still prefer him to be humiliated by finishing last...then smashing the scum from Western Sydney 4:0 in the Grand Final  ;)

You are right Moops, we are not far off. If we only had a half way decent striker and a bit more substance in defence. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be the signings to cover these gaps - there have already been some good moves (Mooy). How fantastic is next season going to be with the two Melbourne teams featuring in the finals? You're right! Funny enough after four years we haven't had both Melburnian teams in the top 6 in the one season; in our only finals year victory finished bottom 4 so it'd be very exciting to (potentially) have both teams play finals after five seasons of Heart's existence!

No you don't !!!

Again

Yeah, but I'd lose too much hair in the process worrying about potentially losing to the tards in a Grand Final!

I suppose demolishing them would be wonderful, but would still prefer him to be humiliated by finishing last...then smashing the scum from Western Sydney 4:0 in the Grand Final  ;) Again...let me correct it.

If they finished last KM would be sacked and Visitors would get a real coach becoming dangerous.

I want him to stay in charge and under deliver year in year out ;)

Don't you think that's a better outcome