Melbourne Football

Adama Traore

Kiro Kompiro

out of all the ex-victory players we've had, i would not complain with this lad. Quality player

Same.

As long as their quality I don't care where they're from. Although, to be honest, if they're quality players then I hope we DO pinch them from Victory, makes it all the more funny.

out of all the ex-victory players we've had, i would not complain with this lad. Quality player

Same.

As long as their quality I don't care where they're from. Although, to be honest, if they're quality players then I hope we DO pinch them from Victory, makes it all the more funny.

We won't need to pinch anyone from now on. They'll be queuing up at the door trying to get in.

Same.

TBH the only reason i'd give Traore a look in is that he would hold Australian citizenship.  Traore is better than most local players, but not by as much as the media would have you believe.

i've never been a big fan, Traore gets away with his flaws because of his athleticism.  admittedly he has a few more skills than most other "big bodies" in the a league (ie Topor Stanley).  however, i'd question what else Traore brings.  that goal he scored earlier this season was one of four in the league, including all his time at GCU - not the most prolific (ie not the sort to score from a corner).  Traore struggles with getting forward into decent positions that are meaningful, and tends to be very hit and miss with both crossing and dribbling past opponents.

Behich has largely had a season to forget, but at least he offers something going forward.  when Traore's athleticism goes or starts to wane, he will be even less use going forward and will struggle defensively.

that said, he currently is better than most locals so Traore with citizenship is worth a look in.

Edited by mattyh001

As of last Thursday 36 scouts looking at potential players for the three clubs in the group. Let's say each of those has 30-40 potentials on their "active" list, roughly 1000 players. Roughly 100 players for each position on the field. I don't think we're going to be short of options for the future.

As of last Thursday 36 scouts looking at potential players for the three clubs in the group. Let's say each of those has 30-40 potentials on their "active" list, roughly 1000 players. Roughly 100 players for each position on the field. I don't think we're going to be short of options for the future.

Except the majority of ours have to be Australian. That limits the 36 scouts pool for us.

Pretty silly when people just give a solid "nope" with no explanation, and those who bang on about him being an ex-Victory player and that's cause enough to not take interest in him.
I can only see good things from the possiblity of trying to get Traore with us. With Behich going, what better excuse to try sign the best left back in the league?
Also, imagine how fucking much Victory would whinge about it. Awesome!

• Like 2

Same.

TBH the only reason i'd give Traore a look in is that he would hold Australian citizenship.  Traore is better than most local players, but not by as much as the media would have you believe.

i've never been a big fan, Traore gets away with his flaws because of his athleticism.  admittedly he has a few more skills than most other "big bodies" in the a league (ie Topor Stanley).  however, i'd question what else Traore brings.  that goal he scored earlier this season was one of four in the league, including all his time at GCU - not the most prolific (ie not the sort to score from a corner).  Traore struggles with getting forward into decent positions that are meaningful, and tends to be very hit and miss with both crossing and dribbling past opponents.

Behich has largely had a season to forget, but at least he offers something going forward.  when Traore's athleticism goes or starts to wane, he will be even less use going forward and will struggle defensively.

that said, he currently is better than most locals so Traore with citizenship is worth a look in.

I don't really disagree with most of what you've said there but due to the limitations of this league (only 5 foreign players) we need to accept that we're sometimes going to have to expect less than the best in some positions on the pitch.

As flawed as Traore is I still think he's probably the best Australian LB in the league, and taking that into account I'd be more than happy to have him in this team and be able to focus on getting in Foreign players of outstanding quality in other positions on the pitch (1 CB, 2 CM, 1 AM and 1 CF if it was up to me).

What's this fixation with Goodwin? He's nothing special IMO.

Your opinion would probably be in the minority I'd imagine. Was offered a contract at Reading not 6 months ago. He's got a bit of talent but you can see he's got a shit head on his shoulders. He's no where near tearing this league apart and I'm not overly interested in having him back useless under the right coach and price. Edited by billyheart

Your opinion would probably be in the minority I'd imagine. Was offered a contract at Reading not 6 months ago.

He's got a bit of talent but you can see he's got a shit head on his shoulders. He's no where near tearing this league apart and I'm not overly interested in having him back useless under the right coach and price.

I wanted him to stay and then to come back last season. Under GVE he has struggled like our players under JA. Agree he would need the right coach as his attitude seems suspect. Under the right conditions though, he has the makings of a very good player.

Your opinion would probably be in the minority I'd imagine. Was offered a contract at Reading not 6 months ago.

He's got a bit of talent but you can see he's got a shit head on his shoulders. He's no where near tearing this league apart and I'm not overly interested in having him back useless under the right coach and price.

I wanted him to stay and then to come back last season. Under GVE he has struggled like our players under JA. Agree he would need the right coach as his attitude seems suspect. Under the right conditions though, he has the makings of a very good player.

Sounds like a number of Heart players (has potential, but haven't played well regularly for a long time), who supporters are fine to see released.

Goodwin's talent has hardly been sighted for almost 2 seasons now. I'm in the camp who thinks he's overrated. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Pretty silly when people just give a solid "nope" with no explanation, and those who bang on about him being an ex-Victory player and that's cause enough to not take interest in him.

I can only see good things from the possiblity of trying to get Traore with us. With Behich going, what better excuse to try sign the best left back in the league?

Also, imagine how fucking much Victory would whinge about it. Awesome!

Good post - I think that about this forum all the time as well.

A "Middle of The Road" A-League Veteran's name gets thrown up and PPL rush into laugh at the suggestion and shoot it down.

In fact in Season Three when JD and JA assembled our own very shit bargain basement squad... prior to the Season posters on here did this very thing about at least three players who went on to form part of a WSW side that made the Grand Final in the club's first Season.

Edited by cadete

Same with some saying they will be a great player for us because they are Victorian or a 'Melbourne boy'

I hope we go hard for traore, not only will he be great at lb but if jvs pulls a three man defence during a game he would be perfect. Apparently he wants to go overseas, we should be explaining to him that our club is his ticket.

Edited by Dylan

There will be no Traore today.

http://footballaustralia.com.au/melbourne-victory-news-display/Traore-to-pursue-European-dream/90321/11

Melbourne Victory wishes to advise that

defender Adama Traore will head to

Europe next season after two extremely

impressive campaigns with the club.

Traore, who joined Melbourne Victory at

the beginning of the 2012/13 season from

Gold Coast United, recently opted against

extending his stay at AAMI Park.