Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jest

KSK_47

"The Midlands" is just one of those former powerhouse industrial areas in the UK that has become a disaster area. Although I lived in the south-east, my best chances of employment were going to be in one of those areas. When I emigrated my first job was in Newcastle NSW and I can tell you there is just no comparison - especially when our weekends were spent at the Hunter Valley wineries and up at Port Stephens. I'd suggest there are are plenty of players who realise that they're never going to make it into the bigtime and who would rather be on the coast here in Oz than end up at some lower-division club in England with its ground sandwiched between the local foundry and the gas-works.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Have signed a big 30 year old Serbian striker by the name of Milos Trifunovic, having played for clubs including Red Star Belgrade, Bunyodkor and some Chinese Super League club with a pretty handy scoring record across the board.

Not a bad signing for them in fairness, could be handy

Have signed a big 30 year old Serbian striker by the name of Milos Trifunovic, having played for clubs including Red Star Belgrade, Bunyodkor and some Chinese Super League club with a pretty handy scoring record across the board.

Not a bad signing for them in fairness, could be handy

Too bad that Hoffman will make him a bench warmer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Chinese consortium snap up Jets

The long-awaited sale of the Newcastle Jets is about to be realised with a consortium of Chinese owners expected to be confirmed tomorrow.

An official announcement early in the week will unveil the new owner as Martin Lee, president and chief executive of Ledman Optoelectronics, News Corp reports.

Former Central Coast Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna is set take over as the new CEO.

The Jets have been a financial drain on the governing body since they took control of the A-League club over a year ago.

Failed tycoon Nathan Tinkler was stripped of his licence in May last year, and subsequent takeover talks with the owner of Dundee United also collapsed.

Chinese investment in the A-League will be welcomed by the FFA, and is a likely to lead to some big player signings for the Hunter outfit which has struggled to be competitive in recent years.

Full report to follow.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/chinese-consortium-snap-jets#DcQCX8Z6l06SuYLO.99

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

This is going to end well. Rich Chinese tycoons love being told how they can spend their money

This is the same guy who also pretty much bought the Portuguese second division and then put in a rule whereby every squad had to have 5 Chinese players or something along those lines. So im not surprised that this has taken so long to happen

• 2 months later...

From the Jets forum:

From what I have heard from my sources at the club, and from talking with others with knowledge this is what occurred on the china trip leading up to todays decision, whether this is true Im not sure, this is what I have been told from my sources. McKinna had no control over this decision, wouldnt be surprised to see him walk in the coming days.

- Scott was not present for the start of the china trip, only arrived an hour prior to the first match to meet with the group
- Luciano was not happy that everything was dumped on him regarding preparation for this match
- Luciano throughout the trip had bad mouthed Scott behind his back to other staff members, (perhaps one of the staff went back to Scott with this info?)
- Second game I am to believe there was a mishap regarding the team sheet, hence why at one stage just after half time we were down to 10 and the asian team scored, I remember reading on Lawrie's twitter or instagram about a player being sent off, with no red card shown. (From previous experience filling out the team sheet is something an assistant or team manager does) 
- Luciano is told after this match that he is no longer required on the trip, subsequently he returns back to australia.

Thats all I know from what I been told, now the rest is just pure speculation from me as to what occurred afterwards.

- Trani returns back to Australia, and goes to higher ups (Ledman Group??? Board?) with his side of the story regarding what happened, Scott doesnt seem like the sort of person to hold back so he probably tore Trani a new one for not checking team sheet properly (imagine if that had occurred in an A League match)
- Trani not happy he got mugged of by someone younger than him and someone he considers to have less experience 
- Whether or not Trani told the whole truth or added something extra to make Scott look bad remains to be known
- Trani is close mates with new Chinese assistant coach, where as Scott wasnt. This Chinese coach obvs has very good connections with Ledman Group guessing Trani used this to his advantage.
- perhaps the china man wasnt happy with the way Scott treated him, only adding fuel to the fire

- Not sure whether Scott was given a chance to explain his side of the story, i feel the ultimatum thing might be correct or ledman have just backed Trani over Scott. 

Im sure stuff regarding the treatment of Cooper, Brennan and Pavicevic , along with the reluctancy to give Ma Lei Lei more minutes also contributed to Scotts dismissal.

From putting all the pieces together seems Trani has knifed Scott in the back because he was sent home, now he actually might end up with a head coaching role, something which he has never had before in the A-league, maybe this why he has joined the jets, cause he knew this was the quickest route to him getting a head gig.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gatty54/status/773768171727704064

Gatt reporting Trani sacked, the plot thickens 

Wow. That was quick. 

But it's a good idea to have another job to go to before you knife the boss - no-one trusts you after that. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Wow. That was quick. 

But it's a good idea to have another job to go to before you knife the boss - no-one trusts you after that. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Season 7 of Game Of Thrones will centre around Houses Miller and Trani and their titanic struggle to take control of the Seven Kingdoms of Novocastria...

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...