Melbourne Football

Rd. 14 - Sat. 19th January 2019 vs. Perth, AAMI Park, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

I presume the formation won’t be anything like that shown on the melchester Facebook. 

Im going with:

Euge

dellie.   Bart.  Curtis.   Jamo    

Bacchus.   Griffith    

Flobb 

Atko.       De Laet.     Outlaw 

which is in line with previous games.

Popa rotates his players through this phase of the season with a plan.

Looks like we're just totally reactive at the moment with how our team lines up each game. Would've thought subbing McGree and Brattan off last week meant he was keeping them fresher for tonight unless as @Dylan says, they're carrying something.

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

A surprisingly good first half from us. Of course, we didn't look like we were going to score at all, but we were defensively sound and not pushed off the ball by Perth. A bit too much ball turnover from us, but that's pretty usual unless it just short passes between CBs

In a match with as much attacking threat as a lounge room cushion, I reckon we looked slightly more like scoring. But that's not exactly saying much. Still, we looked solid. Not thrilling though. 

• Like 2

Despite the lack of shots from either side, I actually found that quite entertaining - like two good sides sounding each other out.

I think RDL is really worrying 2Bitches, but at the same time Jamieson's hesitancy to make runs forward is doing my head in, as too of course is Atkinson.

The big issue of course is that attacking play. Twice in the first 10 minutes Wales was through on goal with 50/50 probability to shoot or play the quick cut back. Somehow on both occasions, he managed to do neither. 

Anyway, good half but we need to try and get behind their high line and get at goal.

39 minutes ago, Bellos23 said:

Shit coach shit crowd shit build up play! This club is a fuckin joke! 

They are make a fool of us members and supporters! We clearly lack a striker and Bruno also was so good at holding the ball and waiting for the attacking mids or drawing a foul.

Fuck this club I’m going for Western Melbourne next year!

Sorry lads I’m sure your all top blokes but I’m out! Be mad at me or not but I’m fed up with this club

Good. Fuck off.

46 minutes ago, Bellos23 said:

Shit coach shit crowd shit build up play! This club is a fuckin joke! 

They are make a fool of us members and supporters! We clearly lack a striker and Bruno also was so good at holding the ball and waiting for the attacking mids or drawing a foul.

Fuck this club I’m going for Western Melbourne next year!

Sorry lads I’m sure your all top blokes but I’m out! Be mad at me or not but I’m fed up with this club

No one cares