Melbourne Football

Rd. 13 - Wed. 16th January 2019 vs. Central Coast, Gosford, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

On 13/01/2019 at 7:27 PM, fensaddler said:

I think we need to be cautious. We're away. We look to have some injuries. We have no genuine striker. And CCM gave Wellington a good working over before losing a man and copping a couple of penalties. We'll need to be right on our game. The last thing this needs is for anyone to believe this is a gimme, woeful as CCM have been this season. This has banana skin written all over it. 

Told you. Hate being quite so right. 

The result we deserved and CCM got the result that they deserved

Positives;

Decent cameo from Florin

Negatives:

No intensity

No desire until 75 minutes

Poor ball speed

Few players committed to attacking play

Attacking transition too slow

No apparent game plan, how was Joyce planning to win? No overloads at all, all game and no player with the individual skill to beat defenders 

Poor subs, Najjarine should have come on earlier, Florin too if he was fit enough

No striker

Nobody to take corners or set pieces

Atkinson poor as others have noted, however, Jamieson's delivery into the front third is almost always poor

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

IMO there is no rethink required, we just need a good striker.

I get tired of all the excuses. Blind Freddy and all of us on here could see that we were too thin in the forwards even before the season started. The time to have a deputy for Bruno was then, not thinking about it now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, playmaker said:

IMO there is no rethink required, we just need a good striker.

Problem is that Richie has probably got 2 to 3 more games as striker before Joyce drops this absurdity. 

He played Jacobsen in the midfield last season way too long.

Joyce is just a complete fuck nugget is he thinks De Laet can play another minute as a striker. He is by far the best attacking fullback this League has seen but as a striker he is below Simon in being effective as a striker. He got lucky with a great finish but apart from that in 180 minutes he has been completely useless. 

This madness has to stop.

Alternative is reverting to Wales again or playing the youth striker until they can sign one, but continuing with De Laet destroys 2 positions and gives a game to Atkinson who needs a spell. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I get tired of all the excuses. Blind Freddy and all of us on here could see that we were too thin in the forwards even before the season started. The time to have a deputy for Bruno was then, not thinking about it now.

Yep, and I still can't believe people still argue the point.

It drive me crazy that in our CFG evolution and with all the resources we have, that nobody at CFG cant see what is blatantly obvious to everyone else.

What has in the past and continues to cost us success is such an easy fix.

We have such a good squad and yet under achieve due to simple bad choices from our management.

Let's just hope a good signing is imminent so we dominate the league.

Edited by playmaker

38 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Told you. Hate being quite so right. 

I mean, I agree. But it's so frustrating that this keeps happening to us. It's so frustrating that we're all on our guard for an away game against a team that hasn't won all year, simply because they're the games where we always get our pants pulled down and invariably a shit bloke/shit player (or at least one of the two) like Matt Simon will be the one to seal it.

Perth away, Victory...any contender pretty much (especially when we're underdogs), sure we'll put in a shift. But put us in an away game where we're short odds to win and look out. Four points from four games against Brisbane and Central Coast. That tells the story, right there.

But anyway. What supporting this club for a long time has taught me is that it's not about one game; it's about the trends. It's about what we do in the next four games. We need to dust ourselves off and beat Perth on Saturday. Another shit performance and it will trigger a slump, you can just smell it.

I thought Berenguer looked really lively and it was an exquisite ball to set up the goal, so maybe he will give us a bit in the second half of the season.

32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Are we seriously the worst team in the league when it comes to crossing the ball into the box?

How many aimless crosses do we send in there?

Just madness, the lot of it :droy:

Meanwhile Victory lob em in for Ola and he slots them while running at half pace. 

Add shots to our piss poor crossing. 20 shots (7 off target, 9 blocked). Wtf are we doing?

Horrible, but that's what you get when you stack the starting 11 with defenders and expect them to attack, the experiment with De Laet must end, Pierias for Jamo (Jamo is a nice guy and all, but he has not been great this season and last), Atkinson needs some time in the youth team and we need a striker to be playing, even chuck on one of our youth ffs. To many free passes with Joyce and butting heads with anyone with creativity or attacking intent, the only bright spark has been Wales and Delbridge.

The team is stacked with so many defensive players and all our attackers seem to be getting released, whilst those given their chance aren't really taking it, it's very hard to even come up with a team in our front third.

Galekovic

De Laet  Bart  Delbridge  Pierias

Bratten  Baccus

Wales McGree Najjar??

Ianucci??

Delianov, Good, Malik, Florin, Lesiotis, Metcalf.

Warren has fucked this team with his wet dream of playing 11 defenders, 4th place flatters us atm.

Edited by moops

We were lucky to win against Brisbane and mariners have improved and at their home it was always going to be tough. I’m so frustrated not only do we not know what’s happened with Bruno we haven’t solved it his still at the club and we haven’t replaced him then he puts de laet in attack.