Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jets Vs Melbourne City. Friday 27th January, 7:50KO

kingofhearts

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fuck we're shit

• Like 2

Unfortunately I predicted the result although it took no act of prescience or genius. Looking worse by the game it's like we just play the same plan every week but slower and slower. How many balls into the box were effective - virtually nil.

Positives:

Negatives:

see previous weeks

Not going to the derby

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Also Newcastle in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday night whilst the likes of Cahill was at the tennis in Melbourne watching Nadal.

Holy fuck yes this. Even though this would have been after training hours.

Also what exactly happened with the travel?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haz said:

Yep, exactly, thought it was strange at the time knowing that Newcastle were already up there and if they left earlier then the seven hour delay wouldn't have mattered so much. 

It just seems so strange with the whole CFG setup yet we can't get this shit right. 

• Like 1

Bruno or Caceras for MOM. Rest of them can hitchhike back. Not going to the derby.

Lol who the fuck am I kidding, I've been asked on a date to the derby, of course I'm going. As@Jovansaid, hopefully I can get a sympathy blowjob because that will be the most fulfilling experience of the night.

Edit: Is getting beaten by the girlfriend's team embarrassing?

Edited by Hellenic Hero

5 minutes ago, haz said:

Also what exactly happened with the travel?

We were meant to fly to Sydney last night,  and coffs this morning but flight got cancelled to this morning and they had to be at airport at 5.30

Seems very precious to me if they going to use that as an excuse 

Reckon most of us don't really care that much anymore, narrow loss here or there. Whatever.

So we had a system that worked for a bit, got figured out quickly. Our coach left for personal reasons which was on the cards regardless, wouldn't be surprised if this was all perfectly timed - nicely timed in January and on his own terms bla bla. I know that JVS his father has been really ill for a little longer than we all know. 

But why persist with a system and line up which doesn't work (I know we played 3-4-3 and 4-3-3), I think it is clear this isn't an accident anymore??? Are our coaches really just puppets???

Edited by Mr MO

Cahill does nothing every game if he didn't score those goals with his head than he would touch the ball. We have no one to feed the ball unless it's caceres is on no AM to feed front free

Bruce is a right winger but has no speed and no skills. I haven't played soccer for 5 years I'll do better than him. 

Mailk well.......

I just wanted to know what the coachs thoughts are that he loves playing this same team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloughie said:

"I thought we controlled the game for long periods of the match and the statistics reflect our domination. Unfortunately we just couldn't find the back of the net. And if it wasn't for (insert referee incident) tonight might have been a completely different result. Disappointing, but we move on to the next one"

There ya go. Written the post-match interview for losing a high possession game

Got to at least say good on Luke Brattan for straying away from the company line. Didn't come right out and say it, but when you respond to "Did you deserve to get more out of that game?" with "It's a tough one", that's pretty much saying that we were lucky to be as close as we were (which is true). He also successfully pointed out all the flaws, static ball movement, being too predictable, getting caught flat footed and too high on the counter. Maybe Brattan can be coach?

I do love his passion and think he's been great for us this year, but Kilkenny going after the ref after the game just sums it up for me. Yeah, the ball took an unlucky bounce off the ref and then the Jets took the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, going through about six of our defenders like the turnstyle at an outer suburban train station, we give Nabbout an eternity to wind up and ram one home from outside the box and yep, it's all the ref's fault. Hope that was just a fraction of the fury that the likes of Kamau and Malik copped from Kilkenny.  Fuck your excuses. Good teams get something out of that game. 

Team selection next week will be interesting. No changes = Valkanis is content with the utter shit that this team has been dishing up since he got here (and in the month or so before).

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Cahill does nothing every game if he didn't score those goals with his head than he would touch the ball. We have no one to feed the ball unless it's caceres is on no AM to feed front free

Bruce is a right winger but has no speed and no skills. I haven't played soccer for 5 years I'll do better than him. 

Mailk well.......

I just wanted to know what the coachs thoughts are that he loves playing this same team

Fcuk all I'm guessing. Clueless git starting with that lineup. Why the hell don't we have Brandan and Tongyik starting along with Caceres and give Timmy a week off. Cahill is a passenger for most matches and is fcuking things up for Bruno :hkpalm::hkpalm::hkpalm:

Watching the game was like watching a train wreck. You could see it coming but you couldn't believe that we wouldn't do anything to get out of it FFS!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Simo said:

Cahill does nothing every game if he didn't score those goals with his head than he would touch the ball. 

It's what he does after each game that's important. 

Selfies with the kiddies 

autographs

Free hugs

boxing the flag lessons 

etc etc

shit on field isn't important here

how the fuk are we still 3rd on the ladder!!!!

21 minutes ago, FFC1996 said:

LOL, did anyone else just get the City Voice email? Honestly, what sort of responses are they expecting.

Just fill it in and use the comments box right at the start to give them the biggest serve that you can muster. It won't make any difference but it will make you feel better for a minute or two.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Agreed, no understanding why he's picked.  About two decent games since he's been with us.

It's all about getting continuity with our lineup. Which is great in theory, but it would be nice to get continuity with a lineup of 11 players who were in form and showing that they were worthy of a starting spot.