• 17 Caceras
    • 19 Wales
    • 27 Berenguer
    • 23 Fornaroli
    • 8 McGree
    • 7 Griffiths
    • 39 Leoitis

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/10/18 at 01:00 AM

For those who are new, each week I'll put up MOTM voting. Voting will usually be open until Wednesday unless we play on a strange day

Basically you vote for your MOTM, the leading vote getter will get 3, next 2 etc and it will go towards a forum player of the season 

I was super impressed by De Laet great touch. Galekovic was in great form and made some huge saves. But for me was Bachus. I've never really watched him and thought he was just another bog standard squaddie. Tonight he controlled everything and can play. At times he did take risks but for me that's what make a player. 

Bachus!!

• Like 6

Everyone seems to see a match differently. This is how I saw it: Galekovic played well and made some good saves. De Laet had a very good game attacking and defending he will be a great acquisition. I gave motm to Fornaroli. He gave us an out ball when we under pressure. He held it up waiting on support or drawing a foul. He won the penalty. It was not his best performance in front of goal but it was a superb all round team performance. 

14 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I was super impressed by De Laet great touch. Galekovic was in great form and made some huge saves. But for me was Bachus. I've never really watched him and thought he was just another bog standard squaddie. Tonight he controlled everything and can play. At times he did take risks but for me that's what make a player. 

Bachus!!

I thought at wsw that he was a very neat player, doesnt make many mistakes but also never really did anything particularly constructive 

Tonight he was very very good, broke up alot through the middle. And is a very tidy passer of the ball. Only slight criticism is that there are times he could get his head up and go forwards, but if that's his first shift for the club and he has only been here 10 days or so it's very positive 

There were a couple of good performances but really, it'd have to go to Brattan, solely for one of the most exquisite assists in the HAL: a through ball that split 4 visit0rs defenders including Honda and led to our winning goal. An honourable mention to Cntrl-Alt-de Laet who rebooted us at the end of a poor first half

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jovan said:

Bachus!!

I haven't seen Bachus mentioned in the media yet but like you say, and as we were commenting amongst ourselves at the ground, he hardly made a mistake and his use and distribution of the ball was tidy and accurate and pretty much always gave us forward momentum. Special mentions to Galek who controlled the goal area and De Laet who's forward runs and crosses were a breath of fresh air. Unlike Kamau running up the field, stopping, turning around and then passing back to our defenders :hkpalm:

First game, good result, continue the momentum.

1 hour ago, HEARTinator said:

I haven't seen Bachus mentioned in the media yet but like you say, and as we were commenting amongst ourselves at the ground, he hardly made a mistake and his use and distribution of the ball was tidy and accurate and pretty much always gave us forward momentum. Special mentions to Galek who controlled the goal area and De Laet who's forward runs and crosses were a breath of fresh air. Unlike Kamau running up the field, stopping, turning around and then passing back to our defenders :hkpalm:

First game, good result, continue the momentum.

Spot on. We were saying the same. Might be just derby adrenalin. But if that form continues it would be hard not drop him.

- I thought Bart bossed it,

- La Rocco was good for the most part

- Galekovic made some good saves.

- RDL was all class

- Baccus performed above my expectation (was worried when saw him starting over Rostyn)

- Brattan just taking the piss again with his passing and vision, though did get cought out a few times. Don't know why he was taking free kicks based on feedback from WSW friendly.

- No idea why Caceras started over McGree

- Berenguer was largely dissapointing. Tge penalty missed, imo, summed up his night.

- Delbridge was reasonable, but had some very worrying moments. Don't think he handles playing on the left too well compared to on the right.

- Wales  had his moments, but also lapses.

- Strange game from Bruno, which I guess was largely affected by being swarmed by 3 Victory players everytime he had the ball.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, malloy said:

- I thought Bart bossed it,

- La Rocco was good for the most part

- Galekovic made some good saves.

- RDL was all class

- Baccus performed above my expectation (was worried when saw him starting over Rostyn)

- Brattan just taking the piss again with his passing and vision, though did get cought out a few times. Don't know why he was taking free kicks based on feedback from WSW friendly.

- No idea why Caceras started over McGree

- Berenguer was largely dissapointing. Tge penalty missed, imo, summed up his night.

- Delbridge was reasonable, but had some very worrying moments. Don't think he handles playing on the left too well compared to on the right.

- Wales  had his moments, but also lapses.

- Strange game from Bruno, which I guess was largely affected by being swarmed by 3 Victory players everytime he had the ball.

Joyce covers the McGree situation in his post-match presser. Also explains that both Jamieson and Vidosic came up injured/sick on the morning of the match. https://www.a-league.com.au/video/full-press-conference-warren-joyce

• Thanks 2

De Laet for me but thought Delbridge was fantastic first half, Eugene and the CB's were solid as was Bacchus. Not a super performance but reasonably resolute and i think we shaded it overall. A draw perhaps would have been a fair result, but there was plenty of instances last season where the result didnt reflect the performance so who cares.

I see some credit going is to Delbridge, he did improve second half. However what did people see in the first half what was so good? Watching the reply again, in the first half every pass from him over more than 10m goes out of play or misses the target. His first 15minutes specifically are really poor and they set the set tone for our poor first half in build up play, as we couldn’t get out on the left side. Maybe I’m focusing too much on pure football skill ability. Saying that; he did play well out of position for right footed centre back.

Top players in this match - Galekovic, De Leat, Bratten, Baccus. Worst - Caceras, Delbridge, Berenguer

Edited by Mr MO

Left the match last night thinking De Laet and Baccus were best and happy to stand by that. Closely followed by Gallo, Bruno, Shenky.

Overall though, great team effort given the circumstances and disgusted that the game has been overshadowed in the media by the penalty decision.