Melbourne Football

The Derby v Visitors Away, Saturday 6th 7:45

Baka1

53 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Do we have a goalkeeping coach now? Also up to Young to research these things. 

Talbot will be suspended from the next match for accumulation of yellows.

Is that what it takes for Talbot to miss a game? He is honestly one of the worst RB's we have ever had.. all he knows how to do is pass backwards or turn the ball over!

• Like 1

Disappointing, but expected.

Despite taking the lead from Arslan's clever interception and finish, we looked second best from the first minute, and it was only the visit0r's poor finishing that prevented the scoreline from reflecting the true difference. Victory have progressed, we haven't.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Hopefully CFG learns from this season that you cannot eviscerate a squad and then expect results, regardless of who you bring in.  We should always be in a rebuilding/strengthening phase. Not good enough to have been caught out by roster issues ... 

I'd make a point that part of the problem was that the previous strong club culture had been lost in the wash.

Be it appointing a coach too laid back, be it letting players exit the club because could without resistance, the club needs to do better. We have had a poor culture/attitude from so many this season that we have folded in so many games 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

I'd make a point that part of the problem was that the previous strong club culture had been lost in the wash.

Be it appointing a coach too laid back, be it letting players exit the club because could without resistance, the club needs to do better. We have had a poor culture/attitude from so many this season that we have folded in so many games 

Well said. Players and staff should be assessed on performance, not reputation. As they say in golf - "You're only as good as your next shot." And I think if we don't excise the cancer, players such as Caputo and Arslan will move on as well because staying here is not helping them in what is a short career. And staff will move on as well. As they already have.

IMO people denying the situation that exists in the club are burying their heads in the sand. I still cannot get any information from the club on our FRG....

• Like 4