Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 17 -Melbourne vs Visitors 17th Feb - 7:30pm

MHFC-FAN

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Was there ever a season with so much despondency? Club and fans seem to have lost their way. Even with Unlucky John and Wazza we somehow had spirit, but now it all seems just too hard...

If we get pumped by victory this comment may be correct. Let's see if we can show something against the visitors before we throw in the towel...

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Was there ever a season with so much despondency? Club and fans seem to have lost their way. Even with Unlucky John and Wazza we somehow had spirit, but now it all seems just too hard...

The problem is we have three Melbourne teams who play at aami and there's really no difference between us all. Who are our club legends? We spoken about it before.

Mass changes to the starting 11 for this week, I'd put Talbot (if fit), Souprayen, Fernandez, Tilio, Leckie, Antonis and Jakolis all in the 11 for Galloway, Hall, Politides, Ugarkovic, Lopane, Nabbout and Natel. Actually make a statement that last week wasn't good enough. Instead of the standard 1 or 2 changes and nothing fucking changes cause no one is worried about their spot in the 11.

Very winnable game, so go and fucking win it 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, neio said:

Mass changes to the starting 11 for this week, I'd put Talbot (if fit), Souprayen, Fernandez, Tilio, Leckie, Antonis and Jakolis all in the 11 for Galloway, Hall, Politides, Ugarkovic, Lopane, Nabbout and Natel. Actually make a statement that last week wasn't good enough. Instead of the standard 1 or 2 changes and nothing fucking changes cause no one is worried about their spot in the 11.

Very winnable game, so go and fucking win it 

I suspect that Vidmar has reached the same point as Rado did. The performance of the whole is far less than it should be when considering the sum of its parts, and he doesn't know what to do about it.

Edited by jw1739

21 hours ago, D.B. Cooper said:

In a stunning reversal of form, A dominant display of one touch possession football will lead to a 3-0 victory, all at the feet of a Jamie Maclaren hatrick.

Here’s hoping.

And then you woke up and realised it was all a dream.. 😴

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Question regarding today'derby game.  As a member with a reserved seat, do I need to do any special reservations or anything, or do I just rock up at the gate with my membership card as usual?

@TheStig Just rock up and take your usual seat.

Tilio and Galloway way too many turnovers in these first 30 minutes. Jeggo is looks very light for this DM role. If it wasn't for Leckie we would have not left our own half. Victory are setting up very well, we struggle to put some meaningfull passes together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayv36 said:

We are a completely different team with Leckie in it. Tilio is rusty as fuck. 

Yeah good shot at the end, but really rusty like he doesn't expect the opponents to be so close to him and then being bit easy on the pass and ball, means most get turned over.  

Not convinced about Jeggo yet, gets outmuscled a fair bit, second in most tackles and just wants the easy passes. On a technical level this is a downgrade to Sahki. Jeggo atm is too similar to Urka.

Edited by Mr MO