Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

13 minutes ago, Blackout said:

This cannot be serious. 

How much more damage will this fraud be allowed to inflict? 

That article summarises it well. He has frozen out some of our best players, he has overseen a devolution in our style of play, he has alienated a big part of our fan base and contributed to a decrease in our attendances. 

What more can we say about this muppet? CFG can fuck off if this is going to happen.

I cannot believe it. 

• Like 3

would lol if true

Despite being forensically scrutinised by his bosses at the CIty Football Group - with Manchester City-based executive Brian Marwood having the final say on his future - indications are that Joyce will be given a reprieve and a third season to deliver results

Ahh. Well we are fucked then

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

IMO all we can do is wait and see. The problem is that Joyce is Marwood's personal choice. 

So what we have is Marwood reviewing his own choice. If he recommends Joyce finish up then he is basically saying that he, Marwood, got it wrong. Just like he has got a lot of other things wrong at Melbourne City, such as Robi Koren.

I despair over our club, I really do.

• Like 2

If they give Joyce a fucking extension for finishing shit. Good luck to them getting members.

City are the scum of the Earth with how they treat there members. Think CFG should sell of Melbourne City as a club and make it under a different name because in the last 3 seasons this club has declined rapidly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I suggest that everyone does what I've just done and writes a letter to the franchise, don't just complain here.

I'll certainly be doing that if a Joyce extension is confirmed. And I'll be tempted to routinely send the same letter once per week until he is removed.

Unfortunately, I suspect that so many people are pissed off by the club's behaviour that most will not even be bothered to complain. That's really the issue here - we have no voice and CFG aim to keep it that way.

• Like 1

If this is true (which remains to be seen), it confirms two things about the club:

1. They truly could care less about fan sentiment
2. They accept mediocrity.

Furthermore I really agree with @belaguttman we need to write to the club and let them know that this will not be accepted by the fans. We can't just continue to shout into an echo-chamber. 

Edited by IssySG

Thanks @belaguttman. I haven't written to the club yet, but I've e-mailed Michael Lynch at The Age and pleaded with him to turn the blow-torch on to City.

"Michael

I haven’t contacted you before. I am a Foundation Member of Melbourne Heart and have continued on with Melbourne City under the ownership of City Football Group.

I’m aghast at the prospect, reported today by SBS, that CFG may offer Joyce a one-season extension of his contract. Overall, CFG and especially Joyce have wrecked the club that promised so much both right from the start and from the day of the change of ownership.

Joyce has alienated members of his coaching team (for example Montemurro and Palatsides), a large number of senior players (such as Kilkenny, Brandan, Cahill, Budzinski, O’Halloran and of course Bruno Fornaroli) and now quality youth players are departing the club (Leisotis, Pierias, Cavallo). The club has shut down its communication conduits with members/fans (City Voice, and the Fan Representative Group) and discontinued the Cityzens and Cityzens Points programs. Average non-derby attendances at AAMI Park have fallen by over 25% in two seasons, and our active support group has essentially collapsed.

Our club, until CFG stole it from us, is the laughing stock of the A-League. Has a lot to say, but nothing to show for it. We are the only Australian club left in the league not to have won any league silverware, or appear in a Grand Final.

Members and fans are ignored, and desperate. Only some hard-hitting coverage by the football media can make a difference, and we look to you and your football colleagues to turn the blow-torch on to the management both at Bundoora, in Manchester and Abu Dhabi in the hope that the club can start to re-engage with its supporters.

Thanks for reading – I hope that you can make a difference."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I understand why people are choosing to vote with their feet (and I don't blame you), but you make a bigger statement by going and showing the club face to face that you are not happy. Look at Sunderland. That club is a shambles from the top down, haven't won a thing in god knows how long, but fans turn up and let the club know exactly what they're thinking.

If we are not there we become "out of sight, out of mind". Empty stands cause issues like NQ Fury and Gold Coast United. Full stands of supporters expressing their thoughts will be worth more than a million bullshit surveys we get sent. Photos of fans expressing disappointment/anger/frustration is what gets results. Photos of empty seats lets the Murdoch media twist our protest to suit their narrative of "the a-league is shit", rather than the real reason being we want Joyce to leave.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bob Latchford said:

I understand why people are choosing to vote with their feet (and I don't blame you), but you make a bigger statement by going and showing the club face to face that you are not happy. Look at Sunderland. That club is a shambles from the top down, haven't won a thing in god knows how long, but fans turn up and let the club know exactly what they're thinking.

If we are not there we become "out of sight, out of mind". Empty stands cause issues like NQ Fury and Gold Coast United. Full stands of supporters expressing their thoughts will be worth more than a million bullshit surveys we get sent. Photos of fans expressing disappointment/anger/frustration is what gets results. Photos of empty seats lets the Murdoch media twist our protest to suit their narrative of "the a-league is shit", rather than the real reason being we want Joyce to leave.

The club will do it's damnedest to shut down any show of dissent at AAMI Park. They've already done that on more than one occasion.

20 minutes ago, IssySG said:

If you think about it, Daily Football Show sources are usually very reliable and SBS on the other hand are usually pretty average.

Maybe just wishful thinking.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 3.51.15 pm.png

Well that’s a relief but how they are even considering an extension?

He should be sent packing the second his contract expires. 

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The club will do it's damnedest to shut down any show of dissent at AAMI Park. They've already done that on more than one occasion.

If we express a difference of opinion in a civilised matter they cannot do anything. It could be as simple as swapping "if you love City stand up" to "If you want change stand up".

Even a banner that says something as simple as "Beautiful Football...?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Thanks @belaguttman. I haven't written to the club yet, but I've e-mailed Michael Lynch at The Age and pleaded with him to turn the blow-torch on to City.

"Michael

I haven’t contacted you before. I am a Foundation Member of Melbourne Heart and have continued on with Melbourne City under the ownership of City Football Group.

I’m aghast at the prospect, reported today by SBS, that CFG may offer Joyce a one-season extension of his contract. Overall, CFG and especially Joyce have wrecked the club that promised so much both right from the start and from the day of the change of ownership.

Joyce has alienated members of his coaching team (for example Montemurro and Palatsides), a large number of senior players (such as Kilkenny, Brandan, Cahill, Budzinski, O’Halloran and of course Bruno Fornaroli) and now quality youth players are departing the club (Leisotis, Pierias, Cavallo). The club has shut down its communication conduits with members/fans (City Voice, and the Fan Representative Group) and discontinued the Cityzens and Cityzens Points programs. Average non-derby attendances at AAMI Park have fallen by over 25% in two seasons, and our active support group has essentially collapsed.

Our club, until CFG stole it from us, is the laughing stock of the A-League. Has a lot to say, but nothing to show for it. We are the only Australian club left in the league not to have won any league silverware, or appear in a Grand Final.

Members and fans are ignored, and desperate. Only some hard-hitting coverage by the football media can make a difference, and we look to you and your football colleagues to turn the blow-torch on to the management both at Bundoora, in Manchester and Abu Dhabi in the hope that the club can start to re-engage with its supporters.

Thanks for reading – I hope that you can make a difference."

Great piece, let us know if he responds!

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Great piece, let us know if he responds!

He has replied - which is something I suppose. Basically he notes what I said but has an explanation for most of the things I mentioned. It's clear that he's asked a lot of questions about what has gone on and that he's received plausible answers. From his perspective he can't do more. I'm not sure that I agree on that, but he has to consider that if he probes too deeply then perhaps he'll be shut out of the press room.

He agrees that the club is disappointing and should be achieving more. He rates the story run by SBS as "speculative."

He concludes with the words "Whenever we ask the club or Joyce about his future we are constantly told it will be decided after the season is over. My view is that if he gets them into the Champions League he will get an extension. If not, there will have to be compelling reasons for him to be retained."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, citypool said:

Thanks for clarifying good to see people take action rather then complain. Next season is huge for us we can’t lose the Melbourne derby lets make the right choice 

Do we get 4 or 6 derbies next season

Edited by belaguttman

9 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Do we get 4 or 6 derbies next season

6 surely - 3 with Victory and 3 with WU? We're due to play Victory twice at home, therefore I guess one home derby with WU. The question is where will WU play their home derbies against City and Victory - doesn't make sense to go to Geelong!

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

6 surely - 3 with Victory and 3 with WU? We're due to play Victory twice at home, therefore I guess one home derby with WU. The question is where will WU play their home derbies against City and Victory - doesn't make sense to go to Geelong!

If I were them I’d be throwing some money to melb knights to refurbish their stadium to use for a couple of years

we should do the same with Heidelberg 

Edited by Dylan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If I were them I’d be throwing some money to melb knights to refurbish their stadium to use for a couple of years

there is only one side you can extend at knights and thats behind the goals where the club rooms are.

i dont think itll be deemed fit for A League.

Heidelberg are undergoing ground works but i believe theyre getting rid of all the stands

6 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I suggest that everyone does what I've just done and writes a letter to the franchise, don't just complain here.

I’ll write a letter over the weekend, pointing out my history as a supporter and my disgust at the current state of affairs.

Frankly if this is their chosen road they’ll be heading down it without me. I’ve got better things to do than watch a poor mans Man City play some evil twisted version of football. CFG can get fucked.

3 hours ago, AntiScum said:

there is only one side you can extend at knights and thats behind the goals where the club rooms are.

Heidelberg are undergoing ground works but i believe theyre getting rid of all the stands

They don't get enough seagulls

5 hours ago, IssySG said:

If you think about it, Daily Football Show sources are usually very reliable and SBS on the other hand are usually pretty average.

Maybe just wishful thinking.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 3.51.15 pm.png

One of the comments on Facebook suggested that maybe city leaked it to see the reaction they'd get.... New ceo New way of doing things? 

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

They did approach Knights but didn't meet Knights asking price I believe 

3 hours ago, AntiScum said:

Few years back Knights pretty sure Knights were aleague compliant.... Having a good pitch already outranks most grounds currently.... Knights are looking at options for what to do with stadium 

1 hour ago, citypool said:

What I meant by the derby comment was at the moment the biggest football derby in Melbourne is us vs victory my worry is if we don’t pull our jocks up we’ll fall down the table and the interest will be on western Melbourne vs victory.

I think people will underestimate the impact WU will have in the western suburbs. People out there have their own culture one that they will embrace. I'm worried. 

53 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

I think people will underestimate the impact WU will have in the western suburbs. People out there have their own culture one that they will embrace. I'm worried. 

im a little worried that WU might not be doing much to entrench themselves out there. Unless they are all doing it on the quiet? Thats what impressed me most about the Team 11 bid, they were getting out there.