Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 6 -Newcastle vs Melbourne Sunday 3rd Dec - 5:00pm

IssySG

• jw1739 changed the title to Season 23/24 - Round 6 -Newcastle vs Melbourne Sunday 3rd Dec - 5:00pm
8 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Correct.

Also noted is that Natel has been left out. And who is Mazzeo?

Wow Natel dropped for an 18 year old.... the manager must listen to the Talking City Boys. 

Also good to see Leckie make it onto the bench again. Hope to see 20-30 minutes from him. 

Just now, fensaddler said:

Galloway sick apparently.

He's cursed. 

24 minutes ago, moops said:

I was worried for this game, but we have largely controlled things, hopefully we are seeing an upward trend.

I hope you mean controlled things up to the goal? After the goal we were poor, many turnovers and lucky aren’t level or 2-1 behind.

Second half started better.

Edited by Mr MO

33 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Sure do. And he does more than Natel.

We shouldn't get too carried way here just yet, he is very young and good that they get minutes.

He had the good heading goal and one good play in the second half on the break. A fair few wrong decisions and turnovers. All the danger in the first half came from our right, Talbot was drowning as Ben couldn't keep with the speed and physical aspect. 

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

An unexpectedly good performance. I was feeling so Melbourne Heart about this season but now I’m feeling better. 
(maybe because I’ve finished writing my reports and been on the afternoon wines. Who knows.)

It was a crucial away win that is for sure! However we are going to need to string a few more good results together to get back in the mix...

Positive signs today I believe. 

31 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

We shouldn't get too carried way here just yet, he is very young and good that they get minutes.

He had the good heading goal and one good play in the second half on the break. A fair few wrong decisions and turnovers. All the danger in the first half came from our right, Talbot was drowning as Ben couldn't keep with the speed and physical aspect. 

And Natel doesn't make those mistakes?

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

And Natel doesn't make those mistakes?

Natel has been of more help to our fullback due to a larger frame. Talbot was massive exposed.

Surely you aren’t saying that due to this good debut for a young player he’s now played Natel out of the team?

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

It's good to get an away win, but hard to know what to take from that game beyond the 3 points. Newcastle were very poor.

Take it as a momentum and confidence builder. Our last ACL game showed we are starting to look more like a team. Today again had a many signs of better cohesion. Can we continue to build on it and become stronger? Time will tell next game, but for now can't ask for much more from the team than what they did. Let's enjoy it I'd say. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Natel has been of more help to our fullback due to a larger frame. Talbot was massive exposed.

Surely you aren’t saying that due to this good debut for a young player he’s now played Natel out of the team?

At the very least he will provide competition, and I don't think that Natel has been that much of a greater assistance to the fullbacks. For me, it was more of a case of not being part of the regular team.