Melbourne Football

2023-2024 Season Best Player voting

Le Hack

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

So a player who hasn't had a start and barely any minutes in two seasons comes into the match as a starter and is straightaway the fans' best player? Either we don't know what we're looking at or our head coach(es) didn't.

The fans are always right.

BTW Talbot was captain in the Olyroos victory of Qatar.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So a player who hasn't had a start and barely any minutes in two seasons comes into the match as a starter and is straightaway the fans' best player? Either we don't know what we're looking at or our head coach(es) didn't.

It could also be a case of "over performance" due to being given an opportunity under new coach, with possibility of then locking in a starting position.

16 hours ago, jw1739 said:

10 hours ago, malloy said:

It could also be a case of "over performance" due to being given an opportunity under new coach, with possibility of then locking in a starting position.

Could also be that there is an expected level of performance of the more established players. For example, what fans expect out of Maclaren is different to most given his record as the all time league top scorer.

Dare I say it too, fans can have short memories. We tend remember the good and bad of most recent games more readily.

Thanks to the above for voting in such a disappointment of a game. That sees Hamza get the three after accumulating 11 votes, Souprayen the two with 10, and Young gets the one with 4 votes. 

After 5 rounds we see Aziz and Hamza both on 5 leading with Marin on 4.

Something to note Good has not been so good with only one solitary vote for the year, same with Talbot. If it hadn't been for Ugarkovic BOG against Sydney he would also be with them. I reckon that explains our season in a nutshell so far

2 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Thanks to the above for voting in such a disappointment of a game. That sees Hamza get the three after accumulating 11 votes, Souprayen the two with 10, and Young gets the one with 4 votes. 

After 5 rounds we see Aziz and Hamza both on 5 leading with Marin on 4.

Something to note Good has not been so good with only one solitary vote for the year, same with Talbot. If it hadn't been for Ugarkovic BOG against Sydney he would also be with them. I reckon that explains our season in a nutshell so far

Interesting to see this. On the matches that I have actually seen live I would say that Arslan is our player of the season so far!