Melbourne Football

Rado OUT thread

kingofhearts

This is such a small thing but very telling IMO.

Was watching old eps of access all areas. When paddy was I. Charge his message to the players as they were heading onto the pitch was "unleash hell". 

A few eps later when Rado is in charge he says to players as they are going on tbe field "good luck"

To me it really highlights the change in mentality. We went through this period where we seemed to embrace that inner cunt that's we have been missing for so many years and was exciting to see us heading in that "anyone. Anywhere, any time" direction. 

Now it's "good luck" and really feels like we have gone back to that "if we win, we win" mentality 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Was watching old eps of access all areas. When paddy was I. Charge his message to the players as they were heading onto the pitch was "unleash hell". 

A few eps later when Rado is in charge he says to players as they are going on tbe field "good luck"

To me it really highlights the change in mentality. We went through this period where we seemed to embrace that inner cunt that's we have been missing for so many years and was exciting to see us heading in that "anyone. Anywhere, any time" direction. 

Now it's "good luck" and really feels like we have gone back to that "if we win, we win" mentality 

Yep Rado is too soft a personality and no offence to the bloke but does not inspire. 

27 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I would say it's more "If we lose, we lose."

It's a combination of poor recruitment, a poor style of play, and poor management. Nobody can convince me that as a club we are not going downhill in many respects. Sold ourselves to the devil and now we dance to his tune. Not to worry - next week we'll announce some new "partnership" and all will be well again.

23 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

There is more then enough talent in the squad that should make us a mid level table team at worst.

We've given Rado the keys to a ferrari and he's filled it up with Diesel, then crashed it into a tree.

#Radoout

You forgot to add that he put a two bar he was given at a car wreckers yard, drilled into the roof two planks so he could roof racks (home made) and a crappy Ugarkovic trailer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

There is more then enough talent in the squad that should make us a mid level table team at worst.

We've given Rado the keys to a ferrari and he's filled it up with Diesel, then crashed it into a tree.

#Radoout

Uhmmm a Ferrari isn’t mid table.

But the teams quality is mid table. I don’t agree with people saying that this is squad is fine.

• Like 2

For the ones who hadn’t watched the ACL games. In all those games we gave the same amount of room and opportunities to our opponents magically none of them were able to convert. I mentioned it after the last game in Thailand, on another day you concede 4 goals - that day was today,

PK back and make Leckie captain bring some c*nt back into this team.

6 hours ago, Zanty said:

Rado has got to go at this point, 2/3 last league games we have conceded 6 goals

Absolutely. And his demeanour shows that he hasn't got what it takes to coach and manage a team at this level. Fingers also need to be pointed at the whole football department, including Petrillo. Our recruitment has just not been what it should have been.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely. And his demeanour shows that he hasn't got what it takes to coach and manage a team at this level. Fingers also need to be pointed at the whole football department, including Petrillo. Our recruitment has just not been what it should have been.

I never thought he wanted to take this job on and was surprised he got offered it full time 

9 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Should just promote the bloke that took over in Thailand. Vidosic can go back to the youth team...

Given that there doesn't seem to be a lot of talent from the youth knocking at the seniors door, maybe the whole bloody coaching staff need a clean-out?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Given that there doesn't seem to be a lot of talent from the youth knocking at the seniors door, maybe the whole bloody coaching staff need a clean-out?

This is impossible to know. I suspect that there is talent that needs to be nurtured but Rado can't do that. I would promote the assistant and see who else is available in teh CFG stable that could use Melbourne City as a stepping stone.

8 minutes ago, haz said:

🎉 🎉 

RIP our season though. 

https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/ 20231101-vidosic-departs

Just saw the email come through from the club. Pretty much vindicates what we've been seeing on the field and discussing on here. For CFG that's a very sudden decision - on the surface - but it means that there was a lot going on that we did not see but guessed correctly.

He has at least a Premiership to his name. Wish him well in the future because we should not bear personal grudges.

Looks like a Petrillo appointment. Vidmar was coach at AU when Petrillo was CEO. Vidmar did get AU to final of AFC during his time there. History suggests he's a fiery character so opposite of Rado, may be more like a revisited PK. Seems to have done ok in Thailand.

• Like 2

I’m excited to see how this squad will now turn into top 2 contenders.

Imagine the speed of Reis, Jakolis his right foot, Young his ball skills and many more improvements to come…..

1 minute ago, Le Hack said:

Looks like a Petrillo appointment. Vidmar was coach at AU when Petrillo was CEO. Vidmar did get AU to final of AFC during his time there. History suggests he's a fiery character so opposite of Rado, may be more like a revisited PK. Seems to have done ok in Thailand.

Why so short in Thailand? Reading the manager career, not without controversy - seems like he won’t be shy of an opinion. 

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I’m excited to see how this squad will now turn into top 2 contenders.

Imagine the speed of Reis, Jakolis his right foot, Young his ball skills and many more improvements to come…..

Why so short in Thailand? Reading the manager career, not without controversy - seems like he won’t be shy of an opinion. 

He's a fiery character and I'd say he's going to take on any player or assistant who doesn't toe his line. Remember that CFG have had to do this before with City - stamp on the "soft underbelly" aspect of the club.