Melbourne Football

Rd. 13 vs. Central Coast, Sat 31st Dec, Gosford 7.00 pm

jw1739

I copped the name change

I lived with the colour change

I was told and believed blue moonies when they spoke of people not only with money, but with a clue about how to run a football club.

City Group may have a dollar, but you've got no fucken clue or a care and I wish you'd piss JVS off now or piss off yourself.

• Like 4

Scoreline doesn't do this performance justice, we should have lost 3-1, we got bossed by the Mariners for 70 odd minutes, let that sink in. The sadddest part was every time we had a corner I was afraid we would conceed on the counter from it, if the Mariners can go coast to coast on you any team can, season is done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geo400 said:

Scoreline doesn't do this performance justice, we should have lost 3-1, we got bossed by the Mariners for 70 odd minutes, let that sink in. The sadddest part was every time we had a corner I was afraid we would conceed on the counter from it, if the Mariners can go coast to coast on you any team can, season is done.

Agree should have lost 3-1 (if not 3-2). Mariners were dominate for 75% of the game and miss an open goal after their 2nd.

Next week I was going to do 2x 320km trips to watch us play WSW, now I'm not going to bother. I really can't see us winning another game for quite some time now. How can a team that has conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of a game think that they can sit on a 0-1 lead? We barely touched the ball in the second half, is that CFG's idea of beautiful football?

Positives:

Well we did better than I truly expected, that in itself though is a real reflection of where this team is at the moment. No swagger, no self-belief, no teamwork, not clinical, can't defend, predictable in attack, and this is the positives.

Negatives:

Only three - 

1. J

2. V

3. S

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

Have just seen a replay of the game.

Positives;

Cahill now has 5 from 11 after only getting 2 from his first 8. One thing that really helped Fornaroli last season was that Mooy and Novillo were scoring every second game meaning that opposition defenses had to spread themselves across multiple players. Cahills form will really start to help Fornaroli, whose already top scorer

For all the pressure second half up until the 75 minute when CCM had used all their subs, we actually didn't concede to all their build up.

We had chances to apply score board pressure (predominantly at 1-0 up)

Negatives; 

Poor decision making meant we didn't make the most of our chances and thereby put the game to bed (Kamau and Azarni can both put their hands up)

Looked dead on our feet around 70 min, Okon saw this and brought on Ferrera and Pain. Surprise surprise we were beaten by counter attacks (our Achilles at the best of times) and pace late on

More should have been done to swap to a proper back four for the last 20.

JVS (enough said).

Side note; 

Jakobsen has played 9 league games for a total of 10 conceded goals.

Jakobsen has missed 4 games (including the last two against two average teams in Perth and CCM) for a total of 8 conceded goals.

For those of you playing at home, that's an average of almost a goal more conceded per game when he's not there.

I don't believe our success defensively completely comes down to him being in the line up; if nothing else we miss his leadership.

Which begs the question of what the fuck are we doing with Sorensen on the bench. 400 EPL games, the guy will know how to sort shit out

Edit; correction of goals conceded

Edited by mattyh001