Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

All he needed to say was that Wazza is fucking up the team and he can't work with him and we would have almost all agreed

Tbh I saw him taking over after JVS maybe a few years after that or maybe straight after... remember the time when he kept posting about himself attending some coaching program (not TC Academy) wth happened to that...maybe City saw him as a player/coach for us? But in the end Wazza won and we still winning games so atm I’m fine  .. wait till finals round tho lol

20 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Tbh I saw him taking over after JVS maybe a few years after that or maybe straight after... remember the time when he kept posting about himself attending some coaching program (not TC Academy) wth happened to that...maybe City saw him as a player/coach for us? But in the end Wazza won and we still winning games so atm I’m fine  .. wait till finals round tho lol

😂 Gold 😂

10 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Come on mate I can’t be the only one 

Have to say that I also saw Cahill having a post-playing role with City and City Football Group. The third year of his contract was to be some form of coaching role. Unfortunately, his ego got in the way.

FWIW I also thought the same about Tommy Sorensen. IIRC he's some form of "ambassador" or something like that, but I expected that he would have a more formal role in the coaching structure.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Have to say that I also saw Cahill having a post-playing role with City and City Football Group. The third year of his contract was to be some form of coaching role. Unfortunately, his ego got in the way.

FWIW I also thought the same about Tommy Sorensen. IIRC he's some form of "ambassador" or something like that, but I expected that he would have a more formal role in the coaching structure.

I have a feeling that Tommy will eventually move into coaching with us. Seems that he's currently focused on spending time with his family and raising money for various charities which seemed to be his imminent plans before we came calling and extended his career.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Embee said:

I have a feeling that Tommy will eventually move into coaching with us. Seems that he's currently focused on spending time with his family and raising money for various charities which seemed to be his imminent plans before we came calling and extended his career.

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/drying-kit-sun-europe-thomas-sorensen-stoke-journey/

According to that article in November he  (Tommy) is doing his badges.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CityWildcat said:

But it is NOT about game time, fellas, it's about the being in the zone,  preparedness-wise.  Are you not listening to St Timmy?

Maybe people are taking this wrong since from the sounds of it he's got his eye in - Cahill's elbow hit the target after all 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, haz said:

Dickhead.  Showing goals from 12 years ago fmd.

I hope he doesn't make the squad  he is washed up and he needs to learn to just shut his mouth.

Might even start a twitter account to troll his ass if he doesnt get selected.

8 hours ago, moops said:

rumoured to be signing with Sydney united in the NPL

if he goes to Russia, stupid is what stupid does.

I thought it was Sydney Olympic? And l thought he was told he won't make the final cut for Socceroos?

Giddy up!

Edited by Tony999

4 hours ago, Tony999 said:

I thought it was Sydney Olympic? And l thought he was told he won't make the final cut for Socceroos?

Giddy up!

The rumour is indeed Sydney Olympic, but the only source seems to be that club's media manager. IMO it's a publicity stunt by the club.