Melbourne Football

Historic First Home Final. vs. Perth. Sun 17 Apr, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

9 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Not sure how anyone could imagine that the message was mixed.  Seems pretty clear to me.

Its mixed in that they went to a lot of effort to disassociate themselves with Heart but now they are including red and white in their advertising.

58 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Its mixed in that they went to a lot of effort to disassociate themselves with Heart but now they are including red and white in their advertising.

couldn't you interpret that as them listening to the fans? While it may look like a mixed message, it may be more accurate to say that this is a new direction in advertising/marketing which will include a splash of red while removing any navy blue as a response to the club's fan engagement platforms like city voice.

it's probably too early to tell, but maybe we're all getting what we wanted.

12 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

couldn't you interpret that as them listening to the fans? 

Yes i do i interpret it that way. Which is why i am surprised.

*edit- my coffee hasnt kicked in yet so let me rephrase that. I interpret it as CFG not wanting any red but reluctantly accepting that it needs the old fans because they have failed to convince practically anyone new to get on board.

I find the red surprising because i dont see them as an organization who are flexible in any way shape or form. Even if it means they damage their own brand in the short term because they believe they will get their way in the long term

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingawesomeness said:

Level 3 has been closed for Sunday's game. Tickets are being moved down to level 1/2.

It's very hard to tell from Ticketek just what has been sold and what has not. I've gone though each of the categories and each of the bays allocated to those categories, and it's pretty obvious that various blocs of seats have not been released yet - they're shown as "not available" but the give-away is that every single one is blocked out. The South End looks as though 4,000+ seats have been sold there, and Level 1 on both sides of the ground doesn't look too bad, but certainly not full. Sales at the Northern End look weak. Two whole bays at the Northern End and the whole of Level 3 have been greyed out for at least the past 24 hours. Don't forget that corporate support for this match is likely to be higher than for a routine league match. There will be some walk-ups. I'll still go for 15,000+.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

I really don't get the fascination on how many turn up.

If its 9k 12k 15k does it really matter.

Okay it's our first ever home final and hopefully in the years and decades to come we will sell out games.

All I'm hoping is we actually play like a team that's scored 60+ goals and win convincingly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deeming said:

If that's the case they we will be lucky to get 12,000.

Levels 1 and 2 combined total 20,000 seats.

2 hours ago, kingawesomeness said:

Level 3 has been closed for Sunday's game. Tickets are being moved down to level 1/2.

Every time I've looked at Ticketek Level 3 has been unavailable - at least the past 48 hours. Are you saying a handful of seats were sold up there and are being moved?

2 hours ago, Deeming said:

If that's the case they we will be lucky to get 12,000.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I was wondering what the capacity of the levels was  - thanks.

My prediction was based on crowd numbers this year  average <12,000 (including derby numbers skewing results

Crowd influencing factors:
+ Finals (Melbourne loves finals)

+ Mooy and Fornaroli (they attract fans and casuals)

+ Sunday afternoon game (we tend to get better crowds)

- Recent form (last two weeks probably our worst performances of the year)

- Historical form (we tend to disappear in big games)

- Ticket prices (too much for a ticket for an elimination final)

- Playing Perth (expensive for travelling fans)

50 minutes ago, BeardedHeart said:

Had us to win 3-1 prior to this announcement.

If that's true - 5-1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Every time I've looked at Ticketek Level 3 has been unavailable - at least the past 48 hours. Are you saying a handful of seats were sold up there and are being moved?

Does aami park even have a level 3? Thought it just had levels 1 and 2 with city class not a level