Melbourne Football

Historic First Home Final. vs. Perth. Sun 17 Apr, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

If you're trying to use the "MCFC Same Seat option" then that expired at 8.00 p.m. last night.

Yeah I know. How has the whole middle of the yarra side been sold out already? Jeez Louise Baby Please... can't remember a time where that has happened in less than 1 day. 

Im starting to swing around to wanting to lose. Just so the pressure on JVS is untenable. I still think he will be gone after this season but just to feel more assured, losing will help haha. Ive defended him in the past but rarely. We all know the stats, we all know the rumours about players against him. But when I look at him I just feel 'meh' about the club and thats pretty shocking.

The two damning things are a) how to you have the best attack in Aleague history and still cant win it and b ) we have the premiers who have a coach in his first job. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Im starting to swing around to wanting to lose. Just so the pressure on JVS is untenable. I still think he will be gone after this season but just to feel more assured, losing will help haha. Ive defended him in the past but rarely. We all know the stats, we all know the rumours about players against him. But when I look at him I just feel 'meh' about the club and thats pretty shocking.

The two damning things are a) how to you have the best attack in Aleague history and still cant win it and b ) we have the premiers who have a coach in his first job. 

I am a the same. I know if we win i will be over the moon, but a part of me wont be able to enjoy it as much as i would if i knew jvs was gone regardless of how the rest of the season plays out.

13 minutes ago, Embee said:

Not enough to potentially force us to play a derby final of any kind at the other team's ground, also gotta slog us for cash with much higher ticket prices.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. People seem to want, and have a fixation with, the "finals" system. "Finals" matches are therefore deemed "special", and "special" matches inevitably attract "special" prices.
It's the same with "All Stars" and other showpiece matches. If the public is gullible enough to fill the MCG for a pointless exhibition match then it's no surprise that the organisers will extract every last dollar they can.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Just now, KSK_47 said:

I am a the same. I know if we win i will be over the moon, but a part of me wont be able to enjoy it as much as i would if i knew jvs was gone regardless of how the rest of the season plays out.

If CFG is making their decision about JVS hinges on the next 3 games then we're in a bit of trouble and doubt we will see much success any time soon. If they have any competence at CFG then the results over the last 60 games JVS has been manager is enough information to make their decisions. JVS may take the team to the grand final but their minds should be made up already on his future at the club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rass said:

I never, ever want us to lose. Supporting your team to lose is just not an option imo.

I expect JvS to be gone, irregardless of the outcome. 

I didn't say i want us to lose as such. I am just saying i wont be able to enjoy it as much

*edit- actually i did say that but its not what i meant

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If CFG is making their decision about JVS hinges on the next 3 games then we're in a bit of trouble and doubt we will see much success any time soon. If they have any competence at CFG then the results over the last 60 games JVS has been manager is enough information to make their decisions. JVS may take the team to the grand final but their minds should be made up already on his future at the club. 

I know all this logically but i wont ever feel comfortable until i see an official press release saying he is gone.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You can't have your cake and eat it too. People seem to want, and have a fixation with, the "finals" system. "Finals" matches are therefore deemed "special", and "special" matches inevitably attract "special" prices.
It's the same with "All Stars" and other showpiece matches. If the public is gullible enough to fill the MCG for a pointless exhibition match then it's no surprise that the organisers will extract every last dollar they can.

I'm not getting any cake at all here mate, if only :lol:

I hate the finals system and only justify it's existence in that if it wasn't around then 3/4 of the league would have nothing to play for after the first 10 or so games. All that being said, due to the points you've made about it's supposed importance amongst others, I don't have a major issue with paying the extra money, I'm just using this as an opportunity to bitch further about the fact that we could possibly be forced to play what is meant to be a home final at our rivals venue in a game against them for the sake of a few extra dollars being funneled into the government body, a fact which infuriates me more given they're charging more than the usual for finals games as it is.

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

He will have had a set of agreed performance objectives for the season, as will other key people at the club. They will cover several areas, not just results on the pitch. If he meets them, then his contract will be honoured, but if he doesn't then I'd say it's unlikely he will continue. I think we already know that at least local management was unhappy with the FFA Cup performance.
Again, I don't think we should expect CFG to run about sacking people on a whim. They're not a bunch of cowboys and they're trying to built a successful world-wide football business, including other assets.They will conduct themselves appropriately. 

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

He will have had a set of agreed performance objectives for the season, as will other key people at the club. They will cover several areas, not just results on the pitch. If he meets them, then his contract will be honoured, but if he doesn't then I'd say it's unlikely he will continue. I think we already know that at least local management was unhappy with the FFA Cup performance.
Again, I don't think we should expect CFG to run about sacking people on a whim. They're not a bunch of cowboys and they're trying to built a successful world-wide football business, including other assets.They will conduct themselves appropriately. 

This is what makes me worried. The fact that after 4 and a half seasons in charge, the greatest attack ever seen in domestic football, etc, etc and we have seen basically the same shit. Yet if he ticks one box he stays. I worry that the box to tick is silverware and his performance is judged on 3 games and not the bigger picture.

He is like the bad guy in a film that gets shot to pieces and falls off a cliff but somehow survives and ends up the the next scene. I wont ever be comfortable until i see an official statement like what they did with poochy

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Why not Garuccio on the left wing, and Clisby to LB?

Makes me laugh how people crap on about how a strong squad we have, but as soon as one starting player is unavailable we don't seem to have a replacement...

We have plenty of replacements, but in a salary capped league you shouldn't expect those replacements to be much better than what you would get for $50k to $70k.

I forgot to buy a ticket yesterday, I assume I have nothing to worry about and it's not sold out?

Just buy a ticket like a general member of the public today and disregard the member specific email I got as that was for yesterday?

17 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We are likely to be playing the finals series with only 2 visa players (knowing JVS he'll perversely start playing Hughes now though). I'm not sure if any team has won a finals series with only 2 visas on the pitch

And it's still the best squad in the league on paper.

CFG needs to get their priority right. Winning the premiers plate should be the aim and based on our performance this season, JvS should be sacked. Winning final series is an added bonus where CFG can use as a leverage on all employment contracts. Managers included.

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

What's happening next to AAMI park at the  moment? I see Bruno there and heaps of city supporters. Plus is that Damien de Bohun??? 

I think they are bringing the seat around the country. They were in Brisbane yesterday

9 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Just checked ticketek and apparently the whole top tier is sold out. Surely thats not right. 

Maybe they had only opened some sections up there and those have been sold out with ticketek yet to open the remaining sections? Don't know for sure.

1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

Maybe they had only opened some sections up there and those have been sold out with ticketek yet to open the remaining sections? Don't know for sure.

I think they havent opened the top and only will open them if the rest are sold. 

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Mixed emotions. Harry out, will the tanned guy be our coach next season if we win, will we win or disappoint.... again, will the crowd be shit.... yet l can't stay away from his club regardless what the situation is. 

That's because if we win, we win, if we lose, we lose.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Just received my e-ticket, Same Seat option. Correct seat allocated. Starting to get "that feeling" already!

Hey JW, did you purchase multiple tickets in your transaction and if so, did you receive all?

I bought my 4 family membership same seat tickets in one transaction on Monday, but only my ticket was emailed out. Not sure where the other three are...

4 minutes ago, rass said:

Hey JW, did you purchase multiple tickets in your transaction and if so, did you receive all?

I bought my 4 family membership same seat tickets in one transaction on Monday, but only my ticket was emailed out. Not sure where the other three are...

I bought 5 same seat tickets. But I didn't realize there was a family option. Just bought 5 individual tickets 2 adults and 3 kids. Recieved 5 individual tickets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

I bought 5 same seat tickets. But I didn't realize there was a family option. Just bought 5 individual tickets 2 adults and 3 kids. Recieved 5 individual tickets. 

Hmmm thanks. 

I added the 4 passwords sent out, to the one transaction,  which enabled me to purchase 2 × family adult and 2 x family junior tickets.

Each password was sent to a different email address as that is how the family membership was set up, but only my ticket was sent back...

1 minute ago, rass said:

Hmmm thanks. 

I added the 4 passwords sent out, to the one transaction,  which enabled me to purchase 2 × family adult and 2 x family junior tickets.

Each password was sent to a different email address as that is how the family membership was set up, but only my ticket was sent back...

I got some mail a few weeks ago from the club some of the season ticket mship don't have email addresses. (the kids). So I got all the passwords on the one email. 

Just a silly question did you check all the addresses you have?