Melbourne Football

Round 27: Melbourne vs Adelaide

Victards

On 04/04/2016 at 10:16 AM, rass said:

Great opportunity for the team to stand up and show some maturity. 

Come out and really give it to Adelaide and put some pressure on the other teams to get their results. Then continue on and throw everything at the championship and not throw our toys out of the cot.

We will win coz the burden of expectation on JVS' shoulders to finish top has been lifted. We will then have a great run to the toilet seat but again choke at the death. Read from the old scriptures attributable to Sir Sidwell of Heart as handed to JVS. Just has to be JVSOUT no matter what we do from here.

40 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

We will win coz the burden of expectation on JVS' shoulders to finish top has been lifted. We will then have a great run to the toilet seat but again choke at the death. Read from the old scriptures attributable to Sir Sidwell of Heart as handed to JVS. Just has to be JVSOUT no matter what we do from here.

We will win purely because we're fucking good at AAMI park.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Error in grammar.

Still, very excited for this game. Nail the three points and sit back enjoy the Bradbury-esque carnage unfold around us :rolleyes:

That's how I'm going into tonight. 

No point moaning of what could/should have been. 

Win tonight and look forward to a home final 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

That's how I'm going into tonight. 

No point moaning of what could/should have been. 

Win tonight and look forward to a home final 

TBH at the start of the Season I would def would have cashed in on a Home Final...

We had a great run over the last 5/6 or whatever weeks, and to then continue that effort by beating Glory away and Adelaide for the final 2 rounds was always a huge task, which is why I never realistically got too excited about finishing first. We stuffed ourselves up by being too inconsistent earlier on and losing games we should have won. 

My feelings are we'll deserve whatever position we end up after this round.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

Guy's both of those games plus the away loss to the Nux those three games have defined our season, Games which we all know should been wins against lower sides but because of our consistent incosistency  we are where we are, right up to our chins in the shit.

johnno, I was thinking just the same thing

those were thrown away results, you expect not to always win against the bigger clubs, but we should have gotten at least a point in each of those matches

therefore a win tonight would have sealed it

but we are Heart/City

• Like 2

Finding it really difficult to care about this game at all, which is a huge shame considering it was meant to be the game that would potentially see us win the league. 

Oh well, I guess I can just pretend I'm one of those people who actually regards the finals as the real competition instead. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nate said:

Finding it really difficult to care about this game at all, which is a huge shame considering it was meant to be the game that would potentially see us win the league. 

Oh well, I guess I can just pretend I'm one of those people who actually regards the finals as the real competition instead. 

Feeling very much the same. I should be feeling so nervous i struggle to see straight but after the half arsed effort shown last week i am really wondering if i will bother going. I have so much shit to do that even if we win (which i am predicting) it will still feel like time away from stuff i really need to be doing.

Championship > Premiership, unfortunately thats how it is in this country as no one seems to remember the premiers and the amount of hype sorrounded by the finals series is huge (for any sport in Aus) and to have that 'championship' tag is seen to be much more prestigious. Im hoping we set our selves up perfectly for the finals but it wont be easy since we're depending on other results to go our way for a potential premiership/a home final. 

Edited by Victards

26 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Feeling very much the same. I should be feeling so nervous i struggle to see straight but after the half arsed effort shown last week i am really wondering if i will bother going. I have so much shit to do that even if we win (which i am predicting) it will still feel like time away from stuff i really need to be doing.

It's not about what your club can do for you, it's about what you can do for your club.

Get along there tonight.

There's a five-month off-season for the rest of life.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's not about what your club can do for you, it's about what you can do for your club.

Get along there tonight.

There's a five-month off-season for the rest of life.

Yeah. I know i will end up going like some sad addict. And like some sad addict i will regret it tomorrow when i have to cope with life

Team is:

Sorenson, Wilko, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Franjic, Malik, Mooy, Melling, Fitzgerald, Novillo, our lord and saviour. 

Maybe a 3-5-2 again? Fitz as left wingback? don't know who would be playing LB in a back 4 otherwise?

Edited by tommac

21 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Come on guys, this might be your last time to see JVS at AAMI Park.

Fixed

5 minutes ago, tommac said:

What's the lineup?

Chapman in for Zullo and Melling in for Caceres. Still unsure of the formation. Could be three at the back but not sure who the other wing back will be.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Come on guys, this might be your last time to grab a sausage from the sausage stand.

Don't let those blokes down, their expecting us 

Just got 4 bratwursts 2 with onion 2 with cheese. 

Might gove em another crack at the half.

• Like 3