Melbourne Football

RD 18 City travel again to face the FFA Jerks

Dylan

Squad from the club web-site. Hughes listed only as an "unavailable."

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.Aaron MOOY, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 11.Michael ZULLO, 16.Jason TRIFIRO, 17.Wade DEKKER, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO (c), 25.Jacob MELLING, 27.Nick FITZGERALD, 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI, 33.Osama MALIK

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 17.Wade DEKKER (promoted), 16.Jason TRIFIRO (promoted), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (promoted)

Outs: 6.Erik PAARTALU (released), 29.Anthony CACERES (suspended)

Unavailable: 3.Aaron HUGHES (soreness – 1 week), 4.Connor CHAPMAN (4-5 weeks), 7.Corey GAMEIRO (knee – season)
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-jets-v-city/xf71ea3tjmrj1ryuxjqvsmrx4#mB81GUpw5FyV912w.99

Hughes has been a complete waste of a visa place. Bloody terrible recruiting IMO.

4 hours ago, neio said:

Kisnorbo named but no Hughes

Doubt that we will risk paddy so we are going in with Malik,Clisby and melling 

Malik will play in midfield. 

If ge doesn't Trifiro will have to start because we released Paartalu on a free.

(do we do drug tests at Bundoora?)

Edited by Shahanga

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Malik will play in midfield. 

If ge doesn't Trifiro will have to start because we released Paartalu on a free.

(do we do drug tests at Bundoora?)

Oh yep shit I forgot caceras isn't there as well

Well looks like we may go back to 4-3-3 with Retre, Melling and Mooy in mid 3 and Fitzgerald or Kuzi start on right 

I'd start Malik at CB as he has played a lot more there than melling

5 minutes ago, neio said:

Oh yep shit I forgot caceras isn't there as well

Well looks like we may go back to 4-3-3 with Retre, Melling and Mooy in mid 3 and Fitzgerald or Kuzi start on right 

I'd start Malik at CB as he has played a lot more there than melling

I'm just assuming Kisnorbo will play, seeing as he was named.

We may be "only" playing Newcastle but it annoys the hell out of me that we release a starting defensive half player on a free at a time when we have a lot of injuries.

anyone who thinks our match day squad won't be weaker than last week is kidding themselves.

As I said before on another thread, we seem to think Malik can play 2 positions at the same time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I'm just assuming Kisnorbo will play, seeing as he was named.

We may be "only" playing Newcastle but it annoys the hell out of me that we release a starting defensive half player on a free at a time when we have a lot of injuries.

anyone who thinks our match day squad won't be weaker than last week is kidding themselves.

As I said before on another thread, we seem to think Malik can play 2 positions at the same time.

Maybe the release wasn't MCFC's preference, I think Partaalu himself had a lot to do with it, if so we don't want him around after he may have spat the dummy as he has done before.

Or another example of JVS's inability to manage players properly.

Never know anyway because no one ever tells the truth anymore because it may damage their media/social media status... It would be quite refreshing for someone to actually say they couldn't stand the bloke if that was the truth.

1 hour ago, neio said:

Completely unrelated but why is Malik wearing 33 when the media release when he signed said that he would wear number 2 

The initial PR was quickly changed. Presumably the Paartalu/Wilkinson thing was already possible/likely. I'm sure the publicly-released information is running several days behind what's actually happened.

4 hours ago, neio said:

Completely unrelated but why is Malik wearing 33 when the media release when he signed said that he would wear number 2 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The initial PR was quickly changed. Presumably the Paartalu/Wilkinson thing was already possible/likely. I'm sure the publicly-released information is running several days behind what's actually happened.

Also how do Numbers in the A-League work?

Because currently there seem to be a few vacant numbers which would indicate the FFA is not fussed with all numbers being taken... if this the case why has nobody done the Classic Late 90's One Day International Gag and chosen the mythical #69.

4 hours ago, cadete said:

Also how do Numbers in the A-League work?

Because currently there seem to be a few vacant numbers which would indicate the FFA is not fussed with all numbers being taken... if this the case why has nobody done the Classic Late 90's One Day International Gag and chosen the mythical #69.

No, there is (or used to be) an upper limit. We had to get permission to retire #12 for the fans a few season ago and I think got an extra number at the time?

20 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

No, there is (or used to be) an upper limit. We had to get permission to retire #12 for the fans a few season ago and I think got an extra number at the time?

IIRC we retired #12 in 2011.

Other than #12 the numbers missing in our sequence of 1-33 are:

6,10,13,15,21, and 30-32 inclusive. Other than no. 13 (I suppose considered unlucky) the missing numbers were used by Paartalu (6), Koren (10), Williams (15) and Mauk (21).

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC we retired #12 in 2011.

Other than #12 the numbers missing in our sequence of 1-33 are:

6,10,13,15,21, and 30-32 inclusive. Other than no. 13 (I suppose considered unlucky) the missing numbers were used by Paartalu (6), Koren (10), Williams (15) and Mauk (21).

13 was Germano and he wasn't officially released until right near the start of this season iirc

3 minutes ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

Wasn't #12 the backup keeper from season 1? If so, we've never had a number 12 playing for us. Why did we retire it?

Yes, it was Zois' number. We retired it "for the fans." Don't you remember, Munn made a huge deal of it at the time, one of the standard "announcement about a forthcoming announcement" items that we used at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, it was Zois' number. We retired it "for the fans." Don't you remember, Munn made a huge deal of it at the time, one of the standard "announcement about a forthcoming announcement" items that we used at the time.

I always thought it was gimmicky as fuck. However I will, from now on, pretend it was to do with the Yarraside cult hero Peter Zois (the original and best cult hero of the club)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is thats just another pointless stupid restriction. Why not be like almost every other soccer league and just let clubs allocate any number from 1-99?