Melbourne Football

City vs Western Sydney, AAMI Park, Friday 13th November 2015 7:40pm

GreenSeater

Couple weeks ago I posted that Jets loss was my worst AAMI experience. 

Nope. 

Got to the ground promising my boy a mind blowing char grilled sausage  (okay bit of exaggeration )

Get to my seat and it's tapped off due to some wishy washy story about the roof.

Catch up later with some first timers from my sons primary school only to have spend most of the game apologizing for such a shit experience.

Left early as did 50% around us.

Complete and utter disaster. 

What really annoys me is that the JVS of 4 years ago would have seen we were losing the midfield battle and made a change- if not prior to half time, certainly by half time.  The obvious move was Trifiro on for Kuzi (obviously he still had to make the Hughes/Clisby change) and go to a 4-4 (diamond)-2.  If I can see it, how come a "Mr Football" like JVS won't act?  Mind boggling.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

What really annoys me is that the JVS of 4 years ago would have seen we were losing the midfield battle and made a change- if not prior to half time, certainly by half time.  The obvious move was Trifiro on for Kuzi (obviously he still had to make the Hughes/Clisby change) and go to a 4-4 (diamond)-2.  If I can see it, how come a "Mr Football" like JVS won't act? Mind boggling. 

Just lost his nerve. He's been paralyzed with fear of failure since CFG took over. Whenever he's had a choice he's always sided with safety. Very weird.

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Just lost his nerve. He's been paralyzed with fear of failure since CFG took over. Whenever he's had a choice he's always sided with safety. Very weird.

Yes but he's caught up in the same group dynamic as the rest of the senior mens football department. Just like the team that panics and freezes on the pitch, JVS does the same with team selection, probably in the dressing room and certainly on the bench

Well I finally watched the game today and it wasn't very good viewing.

In the first half we seemed to be sitting too deep when we went forward, and our midfield didn't support our forwards enough. The team just didn't play with any coordination and their defence had an easy time of it. When they had the ball, they moved forward as a team. Our only real chance came courtesy of Redmayne and Novillo should have taken it first time, but with a lack of match practice, probably wasn't confident enough, and took a heavy touch which allowed Redmayne to save. We on the whole were defensively sound, but that is easy to do when you don't push up.

Once again JVS made 2 subs at the start of the second half. One enforced and the other because Kuzi was invisible. So I wouldn't say they were bad subs, Gameiro isn't really a wide man, but the alternative in Espindola wasn't good enough. Why he was on the bench in place of Zinni I have no idea. Then a couple of minutes in, they had a throw in outside their box, which we alow them to take, then decide to press. Topor-Stanley then plays a simple ball to the side of Melling, taking out him, Gameiro, Bruno, Mauk and Novillo. Retre tries to press, but is held off and the ball is played outside of Paartalu and we have a 4 on 3 for them. The cross is made and Nichols in acres of space knocks it in. That is schoolboy football at it's worse. If that wasn't bad enough, we then get caught out by stopping because the linesman raises his flag, instead of playing to the whistle, something you learn at 8 years of age. The third goal was equally bad, because we are trying to keep a high line, instead of just simply defending. There was nothing creative in any of those goals, and they were all gift wrapped for WSW.

Too many players let themselves down IMO, but the manager is the one who picks the team, tactics and formation. He is failing in all three.

Only three players can take anything out of the game. Sorenson, who had practically nothing to do, and every goal he had no chance with. Hughes, who played a solid enough game and showed us he is a good option if he is ever fit. Finally Paartalu, who I have criticised before, but was easily our best outfield player.

There was many negatives, but Kuzi was anonymous in the game. Retre, for all his energy, was positionally terrible throughout. We all know Garuccio isn't a left back. 

If Hughes and Kisnorbo are out for the next game, we are really in trouble.

• Like 3

On 10 November 2015 7:25:10 am, n i k o said:

So with us doing so poorly and these voodoo injuries that keep popping up, Williams injured and Kisnorbo injured just before the game, and with Aloisi doing well up in Brisbane I'm just thinking that this club is simply cursed. 

Edited by Alexxxandro

Had the game on record at home since I had an early Christmas function. Watched the first 70 before turning off in disgust. 

Thought we had that first goal coming. WSW had at least half a dozen similar crosses go thru the box to no avail in the first half. Was only a matter of time. 

The second goal was frustrating; you should always play the whistle, but if that isn't an offside where the player has interfered with play then what is FFS. 

CFG needs to do something quick smart. This inconsistent crap has gotta go

Edited by mattyh001

The game changed for me firstly, when Novillo couldn't chip Redmayne in the first 20 mins in the 1-on-1 and then secondly, a double substitution at half time. Gamerio is possibly the laziest player I have ever seen in the Heart/City top. Nothing he has done in a minute of football he has played for us has impressed me in the slightest. Someone mentioned that we might have overlooked McLaren for Gamerio - if this is correct, then someone needs to lose their job. Agree that Garrucio had an absolute shocker. 

Re: the terrace on Friday night - making people sit down and then stand up 4 times in 7 minutes does not win friends or attention spans. And please, can we try to use chants with words in them? The "oles" and the "na-nahs" all run into each other. For those who will say "big words don't catch on", then how do you explain the success of the new Aaron Mooy chant.

27 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Would Gamerio, Kuzi (and even Novillo at times) get away with their selfish play under other top line A-League coaches?  To me their continued failings in terms of adding to the team performance must sit with the coach 

I still think it's a wider issue than just the Head Coach TA. If indeed those three you name have an attitude towards their employment that isn't in the best interests of their employer, then there are other people who should take action to address that as soon as their immediate supervisor does not. A corporation can't function if a senior manager sees a junior manager stuffing things up in his department and does nothing about it.

On 14/11/2015, 08:41:40, johnno cpfc said:

Let me just add to your comments Benzema23, I left the game early as i had to catch a train early for reasons which do not concern any one on this forum. We walked across the footbridge to the G and on walking around the G on the concourse we were greeted by the early leaving so called Active supporters who were on the lower level near Brunton Ave, they were singing loudly about how great City are which is their right but suddenly a FLARE was hurled at us, narrowly missing my wife and i so i picked it up and hurled it back. Suddenly we had a couple of louts from that crowd running up the steps at us, the leader of which shouted that i was an idiot for throwing the flare at them i mearly pointed out to this yob that if they throw them at me i will throw them back. it seem he was most upset that someone should throw a flare at them, heaven forbid.I think it is worth pointing out that most of that group were wearing black a few were wearing club tops all of them were somewhat well oiled so were feeling very brave enough to try an attack on a 76 year old man and his 75 year old wife. If this is the type of active supporters we have then this may well be the last season ticket that we will buy, i don't have to go to watch a team of losers which is what we have at the moment as i can sit at home and if they continue to play like this at least i can switch it off. Apart from that it was situation normal, players that cannot stitch two passes together and have no cohesion whatsoever what a bunch of losers, i am absolutely disgusted. JVS HAS TO GO !!!!!

The active group had a shit night if you ask me mate, and I know I didn't get flare thrown at me but having my kids sucking in flare smoke and listening to them boo redders pissed me right off. As good as they are most of the time I hate when they represent the club like that.

I wonder when people will understand that flares are so anti-social and not funny at all. I'm sorry your kids and others in the crowd have been subject to what might be carcinogenic materials coming from them. I know that asthmatics are particularly affected by the flares. Just plain hooligans and not supporters of any football club.

We have just seen a terrible situation in Paris unfold. Heaven forbid that someone brings in something worse than a flare to a game. It's just too easy AND THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE COVERING FOR THEM.

For me, check everybody for flares and if you get caught - a life ban and public pilloring!

Edited by Ray
Spelling
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Are there such things as safe flares - some kind of smoke bomb that would not be dangerous?

I could fart after some mexican

1 hour ago, Ray said:

I wonder when people will understand that flares are so anti-social and not funny at all. I'm sorry your kids and others in the crowd have been subject to what might be carcinogenic materials coming from them. I know that asthmatics are particularly affected by the flares. Just plain hooligans and not supporters of any football club.

We have just seen a terrible situation in Paris unfold. Heaven forbid that someone brings in something worse than a flare to a game. It's just too easy AND THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE COVERING FOR THEM.

For me, check everybody for flares and if you get caught - a life ban and public pilloring!

Can some1 pls ban this guy from turning on his PC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray said:

I'm not quite getting the correlation between flares and terrorism  

I don't have a problem with flares if their lit properly by older members of the terrance.

Dickhead teenagers throwing them at 76 year olds however fmd. Whilst i'm sure we've all done stupid shit when we were young, this is just too far. There very lucky they didn't end up seriously injuring someone.

40 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I don't have a problem with flares if their lit properly by older members of the terrance.

Dickhead teenagers throwing them at 76 year olds however fmd. Whilst i'm sure we've all done stupid shit when we were young, this is just too far. There very lucky they didn't end up seriously injuring someone.

and don't forget then said mentioned dickheads wanted to punch on with a 76 year old.  Honestly I'm not sure what to say.  What has this country come to?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

I'm not quite getting the correlation between flares and terrorism  

It's about those who feel it is OK to injure others with their actions. It IS a form of terrorism. Some people are affected by the smoke, so what gives these morons the right to do this and for others to say it is acceptable because "....oh, it's only a flare".

Find some time and google what's in the smoke and see whether you would accept that in your workplace or worse still have your young child breathe it in! 

These flare rippers and those who support their right to do so, really are cowards. If they think its so cool, stand in front of a copper and do it, then they might end up where they belong. Or perhaps make themselves known to the parents of the children who end up in hospital with an asthma attack.

Some of you are probably too young to remember, but watch what can happen in a football game when a fire starts. Admittedly it wasn't started by a flare but years of accepting poor standards of safety at the ground led to a disaster.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f32_1309190047

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

and don't forget then said mentioned dickheads wanted to punch on with a 76 year old.  Honestly I'm not sure what to say.  What has this country come to?

Very poor to say the least. 

Dickheads like these belong at mv. 

Even at the ground I have never seen such a mayhem. Flare thrown on the ground 

Booing is one thing but chants like "fuk off redmayne" are not necessary 

Supporters yelling and swearing at each other. Those leaving prior to final whistle were abused on the way out.

Just a giant cluster fuk as people can take so much I guess

If this club gives any shit about what happens and how low its fallen, they will act now. 

I'm not holding my breath thou as this experiment continues. 

On 11/13/2015, 10:03:58, benzema23 said:

Observations from tonight's game:

1. Not sacking JVS and the performances are disrespectful to the fans at this point. 

3. The "supporters" who left active towards the end are a fucking disgrace. I hope people remember their faces and give them shot if they ever come to a game again. Fucken pieces of s***

Let me just add to your comments Benzema23, I left the game early as i had to catch a train early for reasons which do not concern any one on this forum. We walked across the footbridge to the G and on walking around the G on the concourse we were greeted by the early leaving so called Active supporters who were on the lower level near Brunton Ave, they were singing loudly about how great City are which is their right but suddenly a FLARE was hurled at us, narrowly missing my wife and i so i picked it up and hurled it back. Suddenly we had a couple of louts from that crowd running up the steps at us, the leader of which shouted that i was an idiot for throwing the flare at them i mearly pointed out to this yob that if they throw them at me i will throw them back. it seem he was most upset that someone should throw a flare at them, heaven forbid.I think it is worth pointing out that most of that group were wearing black a few were wearing club tops all of them were somewhat well oiled so were feeling very brave enough to try an attack on a 76 year old man and his 75 year old wife. If this is the type of active supporters we have then this may well be the last season ticket that we will buy, i don't have to go to watch a team of losers which is what we have at the moment as i can sit at home and if they continue to play like this at least i can switch it off. Apart from that it was situation normal, players that cannot stitch two passes together and have no cohesion whatsoever what a bunch of losers, i am absolutely disgusted. JVS HAS TO GO !!!!!

Further to the above just let me say that i have watched football both here and in the UK for nigh on 70 years and never ever have i seen anything like the flare throwing that occurred IN the stadium last Friday regardless of what happened outside later. The idiots and their followers need to be rooted out and forever barred, flares have no relationship to a game of football in any way whatsoever, they are downright dangerous, especially in the hands of complete nincompoops like Friday night. 

My experience with attending football matches in the UK has shown me that what is needed here are sniffer dogs which can sniff the presence of exploisives (which flares are) and they, the flares,can be removed from the stadium along with the fools that bring them.

Edited by johnno cpfc
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Jesus some of the stuff I've read in here is sensationalist crap. Igniting a flare is terrorism, those who do it deserve jail, they should be publicly shamed, it's no different to firing a gun.

Get a grip.

throwing a flare at elderly people? what the hell is wrong with you? If you feel the need to light a flare sure light one but DO NOT THROW IT AT PEOPLE

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

throwing a flare at elderly people? what the hell is wrong with you? If you feel the need to light a flare sure light one but DO NOT THROW IT AT PEOPLE

I agree. It's shamefully pathetic and they should be dealt with appropriately.

But is it really the same as shooting a gun at them? lol

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I agree. It's shamefully pathetic and they should be dealt with appropriately.

But is it the same at shooting a gun at them? lol

if you throw it hard enough and its a direct hit yeah well its no different. You ever been burnt by a flare before? Ask the two kids who had a flare launched at them when Dandy played at AAMI

6 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

if you throw it hard enough and its a direct hit yeah well its no different. You ever been burnt by a flare before? Ask the two kids who had a flare launched at them when Dandy played at AAMI

You ever shot a gun or held a flare before?

I've done both and to suggest they're even remotely similar is laughable.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Throwing a bottle at someone is more dangerous than a flare 

52 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Completely agree, but that doesn't make it terrorism, it doesn't mean they should go to jail, and it's not the same as firing a gun

47 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

You mean the incident where it was shot out of a flare gun

In that case, maybe you could say it's similar to shooting a gun at someone (still not the same though).

But throwing a flare is not even close.

Not that I'm defending the act of throwing a flare at people, I'm jsut saying it's obviously not the same as shooting a gun at someone.

Edited by Tesla

10 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

No matter how much I dont like Redmayne, the throwing of the flare onto the field just behind Redmayne was plain wrong.

You seen the video going around of the incident? The person was clearly not in a state to make any rational decisions. I'm not condoning what he did but I think you can reasonably chalk it up as a one off incident and rest easy knowing he won't be at another A-League game until 2020 at the earliest.

The incident outside the stadium is the more concerning one. Still isn't terrorism or on the level of a shooting though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Didn't even look like a proper flare, the one that was thrown. The smoke wasn't rising. Not defending it obviously but just saying.

Looked liked a magnesium based red hand flare going off the video. Which actually burn a fuck load hotter and are more likely to burn than the smokey ones you're thinking of.

• Like 1