Melbourne Football

ROUND 5: Adelaide v City 5th November 8pm

n i k o

Why the hell hasn't JVS just killed the game with 10 minutes to go? Put on Hughes for Mauk and play a back 5 and shut up shop. 

Theyre still creating chances with ease. Ludicrous. 

That is an unbelievable coaching misjudgement. As is having a bench with no midfield replacement. Not even a novice coach would make those mistakes.

• Like 1

That is an unbelievable coaching misjudgement. As is having a bench with no midfield replacement. Not even a novice coach would make those mistakes.

"If he sees out the season the Dutchman will become the fourth most experienced coach in A-League history. He currently has a win ratio of 32%, the lowest of any manager with more than 100 appearances on the competition’s touchlines"

agree about the bench but whilst bringing on another defender appeals, you can lose your shape and invite them on to you, by not having any options going forward.

im more worried about our defensive shape to be honest, our fullbacks are sitting too tight for one, I reckon that's why they get skinned every week.

Positives:

We won, we won away and we won in Adelaide. A good response to last week's abject humiliating debacle.

Mooy, Novillo and Fornaroli - impressive. Mood good as a 10 tonight, shows how he's developed since last season

We didn't crumble in the second half - a good sign.

Negatives:

Despite having 2 defensive mids we were penetrated much too easily, especially wide.  Better in the second half

Too much space between our lines when defending and structure often poor

Poor team selection from JVS, 2 good second half subs but why no defensive sub?

JVS gets the result but most unconvincing against a team with no direction and no confidence.

Edited by belaguttman

This gsme reminded me a lot of the Newcastle game at Hunter last year where Koren scored a hattrick. We were clinical against a disgrace of a team, but still allowed easy goals and would have been rolled by any team even slightly less shit. Happy with the 3 points, but still not satisfied overall. Will never fathom how JVS thought bringing on an attacker in Zinni instead of a defender in Hughes was a good idea at the death. Fornaroli and Novillo though :wub::wub::wub:

Defence is rubish because JVS is rubbish. We have the players, we need a manager. NOW!

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I believe we are the highest scoring team in the league. In order to get goals sometimes the back door is left ajar. If you look at our defence though we have two fill ins and Kisnorbo who spends 90% of the game on the ground. I feel when we get a full side out if ever our defence might be marginally better.

It is really awkward that I felt so comfortable when the ball is under Dugandzic's feet

Next moment feeling embarrassing that he played for Heart/City that long 

Yes I breathed a sigh of relief every time I realised that it Mate. It was the only times in the game that I wasn't worried

Edited by belaguttman

Defiantly not complaining, but still soooo far from where we need to be. If we could come up against teams that create seemingly infinite chances but dont finish we will be fine, but I dont think we will be let off that lightly somehow

Agree.. our game against the tards is a case in point

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk