Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

Last season on the 5th of July we were sitting on 4,600 (-1,457) members.
Last season on the 15th day memberships were 2,144 (+999).

Surely the valid comparison is on the number of days, and not the date?

TBH, I'm surprised that we're 1,000 ahead on that basis. However, I suspect that the numbers at this stage are mainly rusted-on supporters renewing their memberships rather than new members. IMO we will have a better idea by 31st July when the period for retaining last year's seat(s) expires.

But I agree with most of the sentiments already expressed. The club has done nothing so far to excite people to join up with City for the first time or entice lapsed members back into the fold.

What you guys worried about? It will pick up. People are sitting on the fence to see what happens. 10k members easy. Next!

I'm worried that you've dropped your estimation by 33% in four days. There'll be predictions for a negative tally of memberships by August, at this rate.

• Like 6

It will be interesting to see the numerical effect of families who had GA memberships with 4 children included, renewing as Cat C members with 2 children per membership. I believe this will reduce the number of "mystery members" quite significantly.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see the numerical effect of families who had GA memberships with 4 children included, renewing as Cat C members with 2 children per membership. I believe this will reduce the number of "mystery members" quite significantly.

I have 1 less this year due to exactly this and was nearly 2. 

I doubt the family pack actually brought in 4 kids and 2 adults last season. I'd say average was 2 adults and 2 kids

That reflects in attendances, and why attendances are generally less than the number of memberships.

The change form 2+4 to 2+2 will have an effect on this year's memberships but probably not much effect at all on attendances.

I personally think it's great that membership is moving slowly.. The "wait and see" approach by supporters is something the club has created over many seasons of empty promises and Marketing tactics gone wrong.. 

Hopefully this sends a message loud and clear that we are only concerned with having a well respected team that can compete year in year out for trophies.. 

I believe that this season coming up, our performances on the pitch will dictate the membership drive .. and so each should, the club has failed in all 5 seasons to build a solid competitive squad that can match the likes of Syd, Vic, AU and Glory..

The "early bird" renewal period finishes on Friday 15th. We may see a bit of a jump before then. The club is then supposed to call those Premium A/City Kicks members who've renewed but will be impacted by the new covered benches to offer them alternative seats (if any available) and after the "short window" to do that (Hilary's words) all remaining reserved seats will be up for renewing and new members alike.

The "early bird" renewal period finishes on Friday 17th. We may see a bit of a jump before then. The club is then supposed to call those Premium A/City Kicks members who've renewed but will be impacted by the new covered benches to offer them alternative seats (if any available) and after the "short window" to do that (Hilary's words) all remaining reserved seats will be up for renewing and new members alike.

So what is exactly the "early bird"? As far as I can tell, I paid $10 more for my membership this season in comparison to last.

Edited by jw1739

So what is exactly the "early bird"? As far as I can tell, I paid $10 more for my membership this season in comparison to last.

Probably because you price freezed last year.

How they justify these price increases I do not understand, they have not given anything close to value for money. Higher prices for the same old shit year after year.

• Like 1

it says all of active is sold out, would that just be for the early bird period and they release more seats in active after today, or is it sold out for good?

Edit:

Don't worry, the club finally answered the phone after being on hold for 20 minutes. Active is sold out, unless you are renewing from last year if you were in active

Edited by AaronAV11

I'd suggest that more active and other reserved seating categories will become available after today when all those that haven't renewed yet have their seats thrown open to the public.

Today was only the end of the price freeze period. 2014/15 members still have until the end of the month to renew their seats.

• Like 1

think premium b concession has already been upped by $15, cunts

we probly have the most expensive memberships, should take note at what newcastle do with membership prices

I'm Premium A (2 seats) and I'm paying 95c more per month than last season. I think this is the $5 "payment plan fee" associated with monthly payments.

lol, what is a $15 increase really? 
a couple of drinks at the pub?

not much but not really the point, prices been going up each season despite being mediocre at best in every season, prices should of been slashed when CFG came in last season to build a fan base, crowds dropped off massively after villa fucked off and can see us being stuck around 7k attendances this season 

There should've been a loyalty/sympathy discount on memberships. $10 off for every season you've paid to have to watch some of the shit we've been treated to.

It sounds like whingeing but we've seen nothing yet for being Foundation Members...and I agree that it's time for some recognition.

Ah the cape. What an embarrassment.

At the Xmas derby last year a bloke sitting near me asked his lad, who couldn't have been older than 10, if he'd brought the cape along. The kid had a rummage through his bag, pulled it out and said excitedly 'yep!'- at which point he handed it to his old man who proceeded to put it on and wore it for the duration of the match.

• Like 4