Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

If he leaves and word gets out it is because JVS is at the helm next season I will discontinue my membership. I'm a loyal supporter and will never stop supporting the club but in this moment I'll make a stand if it plays out like this. 

Anyway it's all speculation and hopefully he will be with us again this season. 

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If he leaves and word gets out it is because JVS is at the helm next season I will discontinue my membership. I'm a loyal supporter and will never stop supporting the club but in this moment I'll make a stand if it plays out like this. 

Anyway it's all speculation and hopefully he will be with us again this season. 

yeah, I read something along that lines too that he will move if JvS stays.. i hope this is just a rumour.. if bruno goes, then watch the crowd numbers go down next season

11 minutes ago, raw10 said:

yeah, I read something along that lines too that he will move if JvS stays.. i hope this is just a rumour.. if bruno goes, then watch the crowd numbers go down next season

That was from a sometimes unreliable source in Secret Agent. In saying that it could very well be true. 

34 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

I was told it was his last match last night I`m told there is more than meets the eye. If i manage to get more info ill gladly share

Was a reason given? This is not a go at you but there is always fucking more than meets the eye at this fucking club and its that Dutch prick that is the core of it 

Edited by Dylan

Victory mate telling me this morning he is going to them. I can see Harry going there, but not Bruno. 

Not sure what to make of that message, but really hope he stays. He's the best player we've ever had and gives his all every time.

Something not right in our club. We all know jvs must go, but have also always wondered about what else could be causing  the inconsistency in intensity from week to week. Wouldn't be surprised if someone did someone's mrs or other shit like that.

12 minutes ago, rass said:

Victory mate telling me this morning he is going to them. I can see Harry going there, but not Bruno. 

Not sure what to make of that message, but really hope he stays. He's the best player we've ever had and gives his all every time.

Something not right in our club. We all know jvs must go, but have also always wondered about what else could be causing  the inconsistency in intensity from week to week. Wouldn't be surprised if someone did someone's mrs or other shit like that.

You believe Victory people?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewConvert said:

Going out on a limb here and think that it maybe a cultural misinterpretation. When Latin Spanish is literally translated to English it comes across over the top. The last line for a rematch is my reason to be optimistic.

Yep, what I said above about the rematch line.

Last night was very emotional. I think we all need to take a breath. Me included.

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

That sounds a bit like a goodbye message to me :-(

I did notice watching the TV last night after it was all done and the City boys where in the change room, it looked kinda like he was walking around the room saying good bye like he was leaving the next day sorta thing. Did anyone else see this? 

2 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I did notice watching the TV last night after it was all done and the City boys where in the change room, it looked kinda like he was walking around the room saying good bye like he was leaving the next day sorta thing. Did anyone else see this? 

probably he is just trying to cheer everyone like he has always try and lift everybody's game on the pitch

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I interpreted it more as him telling people to keep their heads up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

No player is bigger than club. CFG have proven they have the scouts to replace anyone

Many players have played for the club, and many more will, but we didn't have a heart until El Tuna came along. The club's identity has been forged by this man's season and it won't happen again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luke said:

No player is bigger than club. CFG have proven they have the scouts to replace anyone

Koren = biggest A-League marque failure

Hughes = big failure

Fornaroli = success, best A-League non-marque signing

Novillo = Pass? Start of the year I would have said big success, since the domestic incident been poor.

Sorrensen = Pass? - Did save us in some games, poor distribution, can never tell with back-up keepers what may have been, who knows what Tando would have done?

Vacant marque spot = failure

Vacant guest spot = failure

LAST SEASON

Villa = failure big promises, played well then left

Safuwan = success

-————–

For me they are running at below 50% success rate

2 Success

2 Pass

5 Failures

7 hours ago, Dylan said:

Was a reason given? This is not a go at you but there is always fucking more than meets the eye at this fucking club and its that Dutch prick that is the core of it 

Nah but i will try and find out. JVS is the obvious problem which everyone knows about and Mauk came out and took a swipe at the club by saying his mob play for one another so that says alot.

5 hours ago, tommac said:

Jeez people look back at Safuwan with rose coloured glasses. No way in hell is he worth a visa spot, and you're deluded if you think he is. 

Since we only used up 4 visas for most of the season and only usually played with 2-3 on the pitch because Hughes was always out, how is he not worth a visa spot? Not like we were going to pay him more than 80-90k...

12 hours ago, Deeming said:

Koren = biggest A-League marque failure

Hughes = big failure

Fornaroli = success, best A-League non-marque signing

Novillo = Pass? Start of the year I would have said big success, since the domestic incident been poor.

Sorrensen = Pass? - Did save us in some games, poor distribution, can never tell with back-up keepers what may have been, who knows what Tando would have done?

Vacant marque spot = failure

Vacant guest spot = failure

LAST SEASON

Villa = failure big promises, played well then left

Safuwan = success

-————–

For me they are running at below 50% success rate

2 Success

2 Pass

5 Failures

We didn't have a vacant marquee spot - Mooy was our other marquee.

10 hours ago, heart_fan10 said:

unless anyone has a reputable source with word on whether he's staying or not can we stop commenting with speculation. The thought alone of the club not keeping him is depressing enough.

Yes. I would expect that the club will start making announcements about player releases etc. in the next couple of weeks. Contracts don't actually end until 31st May. The first announcements will be about those we are definitely releasing, but if we're negotiating with players we want to keep then we can't expect an announcement seconds after the final whistle of our season has blown.

• jw1739 locked this topic