Melbourne Football

Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets - Sat 14 March

MHFCROB24

What can we expect?

Crowd wise won't be huge we know that.

Kennedy more than likely in

Germano maybe to start?

I'll turn up as I always do but I am far from exited for this game.

Maybe finishing outside the 6 will have more benefits in the long run.

No point making up the numbers to go to adel or sydney or even have victory smack us in a final.

I expect that we'll lose or perhaps snatch a draw. When there's no statistical chance of us making the finals we'll start winning again.

In this game we'll dominate early, create plenty of chances but take none of them. We'll concede against the run of play. Usual scenario.

12 shots to none. fluff some great chances.

Some back from jets to score

We score in the 80th

Draw. End result.

Mooy tando and Novillo to be best on.

I know it won't happen, but JVS should be gone before this game!

For me his team selection is being made in hope rather than with any concrete idea of how he wants the team to play

I guess he will just throw the names into a bag and draw the lucky (or is that unlucky) eleven out!!

Active needs to make some sort of protest this week.

It's been fucking disgraceful, we'll probably get done here aswell.

But I'll keep showing up week after week like the fucking moron that I am believing that this is the week we turn it around.

Mooy, Novillo & Tando are certain starters, everyone elses position is up for grabs.

Fark me.

As supporters or members, whatever the case may be, WE ALL need to stand up and be heard.

Lets vent our spleen and show our  sheer displeasure at what has been transpiring. If that means hurling profanities

and abuse at our coaching staff, the players or whoever then lets do that. I for one AM SURE that someone from a playing group or staff

is going to get an earful. This shit is not tolerable anymore. We have the right to expect our players to play for pride and better still play for

the fans who turn up week after week and pay their hard earned money.

Lets all stand up let them know, as inspired by TWISTED SISTER - We're Not Gonna Take It - ANYMORE

Team virtually picks itself. Will be something like:

Velaphi;

Jaliens, Safuwan, Kisnorbo, Clisby;

Mooy, Murdocca or Paartalu;

Dugandzic or Williams, Koren, Kennedy, Novillo.

van 't Schip hasn't got the balls to bench Koren.

Saf will be RB. That's about it. Germano might replace Murdocca.

Staying for the lap of the youth team when they are presented with the trophy. Leaving after that. 

Don't think I'll leave, but it would be legitimately awesome if the presentation generates more noise than the actual game.

Hoping we lose. Hoping we lose big. Which means we'll probably win.

Melbourne City FC squad:  1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Josh KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 27.Kew JALIENS, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN

***two to be omitted**

Ins:  7.Iain RAMSAY (promoted), 16.Josh KENNEDY (promoted), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (promoted)

Outs:  4.Connor CHAPMAN (suspended – TBC)

Unavailable:  3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 3-4 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 8-9 weeks), 25.Jacob MELLING (knee – 1-2 weeks)

Edited by Thrillhouse

Melbourne City FC squad:  1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Josh KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 27.Kew JALIENS, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN

***two to be omitted**

Ins:  7.Iain RAMSAY (promoted), 16.Josh KENNEDY (promoted), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (promoted)

Outs:  4.Connor CHAPMAN (suspended – TBC)

Unavailable:  3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 3-4 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 8-9 weeks), 25.Jacob MELLING (knee – 1-2 weeks)

I hope Ramsay and Hoffman are omitted and Germano gets some bloody game time. Maybe JvS should try starting him instead of Murdocca or something...

Koren should be benched.

We couldn't beat Newcastle earlier in the season at home in front of 15,000 and with Villa playing.

The way Newcastle are approaching games with energy and desperation I'm expecting a very tough game.
We're no sure things. To me a win, draw or a loss are all pretty even chances. 

By the way, this change in attitude at Newcastle happened after 5 players were given their marching orders.

Wouldn't mind seeing this actually:

Velaphi

Germano      -      Jaliens      -      Kisnorbo      -      Clisby

Paartalu

Mooy         -         Koren

Safuwan      -      Kennedy      -      Novillo

Bench: Redmayne, Murdocca, Williams, Dugandzic, Brown/Hoffman

Omitted: Ramsay, Brown/Hoffman.

I'm tired of the 4-3-3. No natural CF and one decent winger. What's the point?

Against WSW we scored two lucky goals. You'd barely call Saf's goal an open-play goal and Mooy's goal was a fluke.

We should play two up top, maybe Koren and Novillo, with two outside midfielders alongside Mooy and Paartalu. Mooy could drift forward and Paartalu back, as in a diamond.

Any combination of Brown, Williams, Dugandzic and Germano could play on the outside.

Just for a change at the very least.

• Like 1

What can we expect?

Crowd wise won't be huge we know that.

Kennedy more than likely in

Germano maybe to start?

I'll turn up as I always do but I am far from exited for this game.

Maybe finishing outside the 6 will have more benefits in the long run.

No point making up the numbers to go to adel or sydney or even have victory smack us in a final.

Was really cool when you said "exited for this game." Like kind of a Freudian slip hahahahaha

Anyway, care factor for this game is F.all!

Edited by HEARTinator

Drove past AAMI tonight, they had game as Sunday at 5 still on that sign out the front.

It's the little things that count. Shows the local administration of our club is not on the ball.

They wont drop Koren. His only good performance was against the Jets so JVS will play him. Plus he hasn't got it in him to drop his marquee.

Probably in his contract - you can't drop me however crappily I "play."

This game is equivalent to the Wellington game last season, which saw Aloisi's demise as a coach. I went into that game torn; hoping we'd lose to get rid of coach, but hate seeing my team lose (especially at home).

I've a similar feeling for this game; lose to the circus that is Newcastle at home and I cannot see how CFG can justify keeping him as coach.

This game is equivalent to the Wellington game last season, which saw Aloisi's demise as a coach. I went into that game torn; hoping we'd lose to get rid of coach, but hate seeing my team lose (especially at home).

I've a similar feeling for this game; lose win to the circus that is Newcastle at home and I still cannot see how CFG can justify keeping him as coach.