Melbourne Football

Round 19: City v. Adelaide AAMI Park Fri 27th Feb KO 7.40 p.m.

jw1739

Velaphi

Jaliens  Chapman   Kisnorbo   Clisby

Paartalu

Murdocca        Koren          Mooy

Williams          Kennedy

SUBS : Redmayne. Hoffman, Bahudarin, Germano, Retre

Getting down to the bare bones now. Slim chance that Mate and/or Brown might be available off the pine. Marino and Ramsay perhaps a bench option too.

Edited by bt50

Can we please start Germano ahead of Murdocca in midfield! Jonny is always good for kicking people, distributing the ball to classier teammates and generally getting stuck in. Sure he's made of glass but he bleeds for the club and will be able to tell their coach and all their imports to "get fucked" in spanish.

Can we please start Germano ahead of Murdocca in midfield! Jonny is always good for kicking people, distributing the ball to classier teammates and generally getting stuck in. Sure he's made of glass but he bleeds for the club and will be able to tell their coach and all their imports to "get fucked" in spanish.

Argentinian Melling

Argentinian Melling As an added bonus it could remove Redmayne from the squad entirely and bring in another outfield player. (Lol).

Seriously is it compulsory to have a keeper as substitute that 4+1 or can you pick any 5 players.

Safuwan is also another potential midfielder. Melling's absence is a big blow of course, but the club cannot rely on one player per position and so this is a big opportunity to say to players such as Murdocca and Koren - OK, time to stand up, play for the club, play for your contract.

I'll bet that's what Arnold would be saying to his men in a similar situation.

Safuwan is also another potential midfielder. Melling's absence is a big blow of course, but the club cannot rely on one player per position and so this is a big opportunity to say to players such as Murdocca and Koren - OK, time to stand up, play for the club, play for your contract.

Given that marquees salaries are outside of the salary cap does this  mean that we can pay Koren out and get another marquee without sufering any financial penalty as is the case when the player is inside the cap?

I am done with Murdocca, put on Safuwan.

Given that marquees salaries are outside of the salary cap does this  mean that we can pay Koren out and get another marquee without sufering any financial penalty as is the case when the player is inside the cap?

I am done with Murdocca, put on Safuwan.

I believe so. Only potential snag is that FFA must approve all marquees. Given that they screwed us with the Lampard Rule they might well choose to do so again.

Argentinian Melling As an added bonus it could remove Redmayne from the squad entirely and bring in another outfield player. (Lol).

Seriously is it compulsory to have a keeper as substitute that 4+1 or can you pick any 5 players.

It's not compulsory, you're just fucked if Tando picks up an injury in the first minute

It's not compulsory, you're just fucked if Tando picks up an injury in the first minute

I've often wondered why, with the training available to players these days, clubs don't develop a couple of "all-rounder" players who are capable as outfield players and also passable as goalkeepers. It would give them a few more options.

This game is definitely worth going to.  Adelaide are a great team to watch.  Who are they playing again?

Ok the line up for City if they make me gaffer.

Velaphi
Safuwan  Chapman   Kisnorbo   Clisby
                      Paartalu
        Germano             Mooy

Retre              Kennedy             Williams

SUBS : Redmayne. Koren, Murdocca, Jaliens, Ramsay

• Koren is dropped to make a statement. Whilst you could make an argument that the absence of Melling, he is saved, he needs to know we didn't sign him to be the 11th player selected in the side.  In addition if he is fair dinkum about playing here, he'll come off the bench firing.  We've lacked punch of the bench and he can provide it (if he is inclined).  i am playing "Mr Injury" as we are desperate.  Pure and simple.

• No doubt many will think I'm mad for dropping Jaliens, but actually I rate Safuwan who was my MOM vs Wellington and i think Jaliens will be less effective against Adelaide who aren't as physical as Perth.  I only see Jaliens as an emergency right back, not a regular.

• Only have Redmayne on the bench because i haven't seen enough of Stevenja.

• Retre trialled on the wing pre-season and looked sharp when he came on last week.  I like what i saw last season (3 senior games, 2 youth games) and am not quite prepared to write him off just yet.
  • Like 1

This game is definitely worth going to. Adelaide are a great team to watch. Who are they playing again?

Ok the line up for City if they make me gaffer.

Velaphi

Safuwan Chapman Kisnorbo Clisby

Paartalu

Germano Mooy

Retre Kennedy Williams

SUBS : Redmayne. Koren, Murdocca, Jaliens, Ramsay

• Koren is dropped to make a statement. Whilst you could make an argument that the absence of Melling, he is saved, he needs to know we didn't sign him to be the 11th player selected in the side. In addition if he is fair dinkum about playing here, he'll come off the bench firing. We've lacked punch of the bench and he can provide it (if he is inclined). i am playing "Mr Injury" as we are desperate. Pure and simple.
  • No doubt many will think I'm mad for dropping Jaliens, but actually I rate Safuwan who was my MOM vs Wellington and i think Jaliens will be less effective against Adelaide who aren't as physical as Perth. I only see Jaliens as an emergency right back, not a regular.
  • Only have Redmayne on the bench because i haven't seen enough of Stevenja.
  • Retre trialled on the wing pre-season and looked sharp when he came on last week. I like what i saw last season (3 senior games, 2 youth games) and am not quite prepared to write him off just yet.
Stevanja is way to small and will never make it close to an Aleague side. He could barely deal with crosses coming in in the youth league let alone anything at aleague level.

Retre is extremely average but happenned to put together 2-3 good moments so contract extension for 5 years.

Jaliens for me has proven he already deserves right back. It should now be his position to lose.

With Koren, expect him to have a much improved game compared to Sunday. Melling out means a less clogged midfield giving him more space to work with.

I'm going to go with the following line up:

Tando

Jaliens Chapman Kisnorbo Clisby

Paartalu

Koren Mooy

Hoffman Kennedy Williams

If Duga is ready then he will most surely take Hoffmans spot

Edited by n i k o

Friday night will be big! It's a night time match, GA members have all been invited by the club to bring a friend to the game FREE OF CHARGE, and the game is also televised on SBS - so we are expecting a very decent turnout.

On top of this, we are pleased to let you all know that there will be no train trip during our journey to AAMI; we will be marching the whole way from The Imperial Hotel on Bourke Street to the ground.

So roll out in big numbers; share this flier with your friends; this march will rival our derby marches as we really look to bounce back from the low Sunday afternoon attendances.

This is our chance to show that Melbourne is RED, WHITE AND BLUE!

Food and drink specials at the pub as per usual if you show your Melbourne City membership.

WHEREVER YOU GO - I WILL FOLLOW YOU - AND I WILL SING FOR YOU!

10996165_385328834978723_829376989330157

Like and share Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/melburnians1847/photos/a.290788884432719.1073741828.288767427968198/385328834978723/

Edited by Fingman
  • Like 3

Friday, 27 February 2015

Melbourne City FC v Adelaide United

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:40 PM (Local) (7:40 PM AEDT)

Referee: Alan Milliner

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Josh KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 27.Kew JALIENS, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN

***one to be omitted***

Ins: 7.Iain RAMSAY (promoted), 13.Jonatan GERMANO (promoted)

Outs: 25.Jacob MELLING (knee – 3-4 weeks)

Unavailable: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle 5-6 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 14.James BROWN (knee – 1-2 weeks), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 9-10 weeks), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC (knee – 1-2 weeks)

Brown and Duga are still 1-2 weeks away, same as last week...

gotta a feeling that the only change to the starting personnel will be Ramsey in for Melling, with Ramsey out on the left of a front three and Koren to play in midfield. 

that said, i think that we could go with Murdocca as a direct swap so that Koren can stay up front and go centrally into a false 9 role, Williams wide on the left and Kennedy not so wide on the right.  

might seem unusual but Adelaide are missing their two most experienced centrebacks tonight.  McGowan is still in, but whoever is in beside is going to be a bit green.

then you take out Isiais and they are defensively short this week in the middle. should leave a few holes for the likes of Koren to exploit.

easier said than down with our mob.

Edited by mattyh001