Melbourne Football

Round 15: City vs. Western Sydney, 1st February, 5.00 p.m.

jw1739

So it's match day :)

Hoping for a win after just watching City draw 1-1

It will be interesting to see the line up and whether or not both Clisby and Safuwan start

If these guys can defend and have pace then for me they should both start in the full back positions

The wide areas for me is where we have had the major problems and has ensured we have struggled defensively

A back four of Safuwan, Chapman, Kisnorbo and Clisby would give us youth and speed with Kisnorbo adding the experience.

It would also allow Garuccio to play on the left wing and I am looking forward to seeing him there. The times he has got forward from left back he has had his head up and looked to play players in and shown good skill as well.

I just hope JVS doesn't revert to type and play safety first with the likes of Hoffman (is he 100% fit) and Ramsay.

So hopefully the second half of the season will give us a team who is adventurous and is able to defend.

I wish soon that I go to a heart/city game confident and not having that familiar thought in the back of my mind that we are going to fuck this up. We always seem to do other clubs a favour and probably will today and give WSW their first win.

FWIW I actually think the whole WSW pay issue has been underplayed, I still think its had a huge impact on the playing group and I would say that its probably the main reason behind their season. Oh and Poppas recruiting. I remember people on here saying why cant we do what poppa did with one preseason, build a whole team and take them to a GF and premiership. I think this season has shown that there was a lot of luck in recruiting that first season.

Ill be taking my socceroos scarf today as well, and hope the club and supporters all make some kind of gesture pre game. Like a round of applause or something along those lines.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

I wish soon that I go to a heart/city game confident and not having that familiar thought in the back of my mind that we are going to fuck this up. We always seem to do other clubs a favour and probably will today and give WSW their first win.

FWIW I actually think the whole WSW pay issue has been underplayed, I still think its had a huge impact on the playing group and I would say that its probably the main reason behind their season. Oh and Poppas recruiting. I remember people on here saying why cant we do what poppa did with one preseason, build a whole team and take them to a GF and premiership. I think this season has shown that there was a lot of luck in recruiting that first season.

Ill be taking my socceroos scarf today as well, and hope the club and supporters all make some kind of gesture pre game. Like a round of applause or something along those lines.

I think you are spot on about WSW.  (Have squandered my likes on the socceroos)

Yeah, would be nice wouldn't it.

Also it seems that barely a day goes by without WSW releasing some player or other, so it's pretty hard for opposing coaches to know exactly what they're going to be up against.

We've got a tough second half to the season. We can't afford to throw away any points at home now.

Who else but fucking Redmayne

Not just Redmayne (although hopeless keeping), it was poor defending too. Some one should have cut that out.

Get what you're saying, but with free kicks like the buck stops with Redmayne.

He has to think the ball is going back post. Got his footing / positioning all wrong

Not just Redmayne (although hopeless keeping), it was poor defending too. Some one should have cut that out.

Get what you're saying, but with free kicks like the buck stops with Redmayne.

He has to think the ball is going back post. Got his footing / positioning all wrong

If he went back post and an attacker got a foot on it and it went near post everyone would be having a go at him too, he was in a hard position, though he performed poorly in the situation.  I think the defence is more responsible as they made the first mistake. It should have been cut out so Redmayne was not put in that shit situation.  I just want to reiterate in no way am I trying to stick up for Redmayne, I just think the defence is more culpable.

Not just Redmayne (although hopeless keeping), it was poor defending too. Some one should have cut that out.Get what you're saying, but with free kicks like the buck stops with Redmayne.

If he went back post and an attacker got a foot on it and it went near post everyone would be having a go at him too, he was in a hard position, though he performed poorly in the situation. I think the defence is more responsible as they made the first mistake. It should have been cut out so Redmayne was not put in that shit situation. I just want to reiterate in no way am I trying to stick up for Redmayne, I just think the defence is more culpable.By all means, it's a bit of a shit spot for Redmayne - he's up against either way. and other players have fault too; ball should have been cut out earlier.

As keeper tho Redmayne is responsible for the ball once it gets into the six yards box. Overall I thought he drifted towards his front post too early, not giving him enough time to react once the ball comes through.

Edit: there's also a difference between messing up 5 minutes into your first start back and messing up 65 minutes in given Redmaynes past poor performances

Edited by mattyh001