Melbourne Football

Round 15: City vs. Western Sydney, 1st February, 5.00 p.m.

jw1739

Poor excuses for anyone who doesn't attend City games if you are a member. There are days where l cbf but l still go. Unless you are sick, death in the family or extreme legitimate reasons not to attend otherwise you should be at the game.

what about on a flight back from sydney to watch the asian cup final?

but seriously, was real pissed off when they changed the flight time back an hour and had to miss the game.

Poor excuses for anyone who doesn't attend City games if you are a member. There are days where l cbf but l still go. Unless you are sick, death in the family or extreme legitimate reasons not to attend otherwise you should be at the game.

but seriously, was real pissed off when they changed the flight time back an hour and had to miss the game.

Legitimate reason. You have been excused. That will be your final warning :)

Re crowds: I personally prefer smaller crowds. Makes the matchday experience that little bit more personal, as in, its our little club that we will always support and we don't need the bandwagoners to come and bring their stupid lines for beers and toilets etc

Yeah, it turns me on seeing all those empty seats, especially on level 3.

I think most of our members are turning up. Once you take out the Villa specials, limited game memberships and the left overs from the four children on family memberships, I think the true number of members is there for all to see.

In terms of the crowd, I don't think the Asian Cup was something to capitalise on for that game.

personally even though I'm rusted on, I found it hard to turn around and focus on a City game after the emotion of winning the night before.

can't be the only one.

Might have even hurt the crowd number yesterday, to be honest. Speaking for myself, I was flying back from Sydney, arrived home at 4pm and by that stage, the couch was a clear winner (especially with the Old Firm on at 12:30). Didn't really make a difference to me when it was yesterday, but 5pm on a Sunday is a shithouse time slot, sorry to say. Collingwood v Carlton at the MCG doesn't draw a crowd in that time slot.

I would like to say that the holier than thou superfans do get a bit tiresome on here. You're not volunteering in South Sudan; you're going to a football game. And you're going because you want to, not out of the goodness of your heart. If members have better things to do in a couple of home fixtures during the season, so be it. It's up to the club to make the stadium experience one that will make it unmissable for season ticket holders. End of story.

Edited by SF33
  • Like 4

Re crowds: I personally prefer smaller crowds. Makes the matchday experience that little bit more personal, as in, its our little club that we will always support and we don't need the bandwagoners to come and bring their stupid lines for beers and toilets etc

100% feel the same way

100% feel the same way Same. I remember a game in season two or three against Perth where Golgol scored a 90th minute winner in front of like 3-4thousand people. Was the best feeling knowing that only the true supporters got to experience that moment.
  • Like 3

100% feel the same way Same. I remember a game in season two or three against Perth where Golgol scored a 90th minute winner in front of like 3-4thousand people. Was the best feeling knowing that only the true supporters got to experience that moment.

4,505 according to wiki, horrible quality but found this 

about all jd has done

another special game in season 1 vs ccm, was pissing down rain and game delayed for like 30 mins, crowd 3,667 and matt thompson scored from the defensive half

They don't arrive until the home game against Perth. They need to have the covers removed and they are being shortened to accommodate the HAL small bench lists

Fair enough!

I feel the league will now be taken seriously when these benches are implemented.... and players such as Redmayne and Ramsey removed.

Question though.

If they remove the covers, wont the chairs be more likely to wear and tear with the weather conditions.

I would of thought it would be better if it had the covers on it

There might be an issue with the covers obstructing the view of the spectators immediately behind the benches. I'm one of them. You pay $1000 for two memberships you do want to see the whole field of play.

Yeah that would be bloody annoying.

I have a feeling that they would either cover the seats if rain is expected or something

My misses had an op during the week so had to stay home and watch over the little one ad her while we watched it on TV.

The funny thing was when the misses started laughing at me. At the time i didnt know wtf she was laughing.

Didnt even realize but i was singing the chants that i could hear throught the tv without even thinking about it lol

Legitimate reason. You have been excused. That will be your final warning :)

Was on a flight home from Sydney so missed it. On the bright side however, Mark Bresciano, Aziz Behich and Robbie Slater were on my flight! 

but seriously, was real pissed off when they changed the flight time back an hour and had to miss the game. Legitimate reason. You have been excused. That will be your final warning :)

Was on a flight home from Sydney so missed it. On the bright side however, Mark Bresciano, Aziz Behich and Robbie Slater were on my flight!

Beats my flight home... Had to put up with seeing Aloisi's smug face.

• Like 3

but seriously, was real pissed off when they changed the flight time back an hour and had to miss the game. Legitimate reason. You have been excused. That will be your final warning :)

How did you refrain????

How did you refrain????

To be fair, I only noticed him when we landed and he stood up on the other side of the plane to get his carry on out of the overhead compartment.

Said to the missus, 'There's Aloisi.' She says 'You should talk to him' to which I replied 'I should tell him to fuck off.'

Still hate the cunt. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it turns me on seeing all those empty seats, especially on level 3.

Who gives a fuck? We all obviously enjoy watching our team after all these years, why does size of crowds matter? I find it superficial of people to say that we should be playing in front of a full stadium every week as if that would validate their support of the club. We will clearly not bring big crowds for the foreseeable future, appreciate it. I love being the underdog, makes it all the better when we are becoming successful finally.

• Like 1

I left a family gathering early to attend. There upset but hey they'll get over it. Come on City

My wife threatened to divorce me because I told her I'd rather go to our home game on the night of March 14th instead of her mum's 60th birthday party!

WIN WIN WIN! haha

if only my wife made promises like that ! :)  :)

• Like 2

Atmosphere seemed flat, but it did build up after we scored.

I know I had that sinking feeling when they scored, and that didn't go away until the final siren. Always a nervous experience watching Melb City play.. We make the easy look hard at the best of times :)

So many chances, but the attacking intent and interplay seems to be starting to show through.

Well l brought my missus to her first game. She didn't even twitch when we scored. Think she actually copped a bit if a fright when l stood up and cheered when we scored. Told her not to come along next time if she will not at least clap.

I thought that was standard for married life...

• Like 4

Well l brought my missus to her first game. She didn't even twitch when we scored. Think she actually copped a bit if a fright when l stood up and cheered when we scored. Told her not to come along next time if she will not at least clap.

Did she at least turn and offer you half a sandwich?

Did she at least turn and offer you half a sandwich?

Maybe. But I wasn't paying attention to her all game. My focus was on MCFC