Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

...... Natel will travel to Australia with a work visa on Wednesday and will be registered for AFC Champions League.... 

The Melbourne club's interest in the player arose over the weekend, but the deal took some time to be finalized due to doubts about the player's physical condition, as he did not play in 2023. 

At that time, he suffered a fractured fibula and ruptured an ankle ligament. The injury required surgery and was considered severe.

Sick. 

scared-doctor.gif

2 hours ago, IssySG said:

Seems as though Leo to Melbourne is done.

Chat GPT translation of this article:

Corinthians Completes Transfer, and Léo Natel Will Play for an Australian Club

The Corinthians finalized the procedures on Tuesday morning for the loan of forward Léo Natel to Melbourne City in Australia. After all the bureaucratic aspects were sorted out, the club and the player's representatives consider the transfer as completed.

Léo Natel will travel to Australia with a work visa on Wednesday and will be registered for the AFC Champions League, a competition that includes clubs from Oceania as well.

The 26-year-old player will be on loan to the club managed by the City Group until June 30, 2024. The contract includes a fixed purchase option set at 2 million euros (approximately R$ 10.6 million). If not acquired, Léo will return to Corinthians to fulfill the final six months of his contract.

The Melbourne club's interest in the player arose over the weekend, but the deal took some time to be finalized due to doubts about the player's physical condition, as he did not play in 2023. Corinthians provided all the player's medical exams, as he has been training for two months.

Despite having been training without limitations for about two months at the Joaquim Grava Training Center during alternate hours, Léo Natel has not played an official match since November, when he was with Casa Pia in Portugal.

At that time, he suffered a fractured fibula and ruptured an ankle ligament. The injury required surgery and was considered severe.

Léo Natel joined Corinthians in 2020, after leaving São Paulo at the end of his contract. He struggled to establish himself and was loaned to Apoel in Cyprus in 2021. Last year, he played for Casa Pia. During his time at the Corinthians, he scored four goals in 54 matches.

Is this some kind of April fools joke? Surely we don't have to be scraping the barrel like this... 😒

Eh i think this is a perfectly reasonable punt type signing to take. 
I dont think we'd have a wealth of cap space left, so a loanee makes sense, and at very least at one point in the last 5 years he was highly rated enough by Corinthians to put him on exorbitant wages.
Will either flop and cost us very little, in a place that we have decent depth in already, or he'll fire and be a gun. Can't lose on this one imo.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

So Natel is not the injury replacement for Nabbout?

I've been looking for the rules in injury replacements but can't find them. It used to be a "like for like" replacement but who knows these days? It shouldn't be so hard to find this sort of information.

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've been looking for the rules in injury replacements but can't find them. It used to be a "like for like" replacement but who knows these days? It shouldn't be so hard to find this sort of information.

That rule still stands! Haha

Victory brought Fornaroli in to replace Spiranovic last season I believe.

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

That rule still stands! Haha

Victory brought Fornaroli in to replace Spiranovic last season I believe.

@Mr MO Do you have a copy of the full regulations perchance? Or maybe @bt50 has one?

I can find the Football Australia regulations, but it but they leave quite a bit of detail to the individual competitions.

21 hours ago, Mr MO said:

So Natel is not the injury replacement for Nabbout?

I'm not sure, but I suspect that he was going to be our 5th Visa before Nabbout was injured. Otherwise it's a pretty quick signing!

I wonder how much we look at the NPL when assessing talent? Those two players from Metrostars - Ayoumi and the Japanese player - looked pretty good. Same goes for us looking in Asia. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I'm assuming that his loan was already underway to being formalised when Nabbout injured himself.

That makes two of us, and if so means we should have plenty of cap space left to sign an Australian injury replacement. AFAIK long-term injured players have their remuneration covered by insurance and it is not included in the cap calculation.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That makes two of us, and if so means we should have plenty of cap space left to sign an Australian injury replacement. AFAIK long-term injured players have their remuneration covered by insurance and it is not included in the cap calculation.

That sounds about right. I would assume the club is frantically looking for a season long Aussie injury replacement for Nabbout. 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

How are we losing a youth academy player to the Serie-A, yet he barely got a minute for us. How do we keep letting these players fall through the gaps??

Who would stop a young player from pursuing his dreams in Serie A? It's a loss for us, though. 

The only question for me is whether he has gone too early.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Who would stop a young player from pursuing his dreams in Serie A? It's a loss for us, though. 

The only question for me is whether he has gone too early.

I'm not saying stop him from going. I meant obviously he's talented enough to be getting picked up by a Serie-A club. But we didn't play him??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, and who else is there that we haven't played? We seem to stop promoting the steady stream of youth players under Rado

Also under PK wasn't it?

I'm not sure whether he's on our senior list, but IIRC he has been on the bench a couple of times. However, to be picked up by a Serie-A Academy does make me wonder why we haven't seen more of him in the seniors. I agree that we do seem to let players slip through our fingers, but again, we can't play them all. Frustrating for our loyal fans.

We seem to only give young guys a go who are elite, think of the ones who have played regular games only last 5 seasons. Metcalfe, Atkinson, Tilio, Bos, Glover, Talbot, O'Neill. All are easily best 11, and we have been quick to ship off players like Najjar, Najjarine, Pierias who are ok but probably capped at an aleague level. I'm not sure if this is by design that we don't waste our time on Gametime on young guys who wouldn't provide us with a future profit or if it's just worked out this way, but I find it interesting none the less. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, neio said:

We seem to only give young guys a go who are elite, think of the ones who have played regular games only last 5 seasons. Metcalfe, Atkinson, Tilio, Bos, Glover, Talbot, O'Neill. All are easily best 11, and we have been quick to ship off players like Najjar, Najjarine, Pierias who are ok but probably capped at an aleague level. I'm not sure if this is by design that we don't waste our time on Gametime on young guys who wouldn't provide us with a future profit or if it's just worked out this way, but I find it interesting none the less. 

I agree. Someone has to make a decision as there are younger players coming behind them so they have a limited period to prove themselves. IIRC I will also note that Metcalfe, Atkinson, Tilio, Glover all came into the team during Mombaerts period as coach. Bos, O'Neill and Talbot during PK's reign. None under Rado. Will the club always get it right? No but as long as there is a steady stream of players coming through that prove themselves then the fans would be happy.

16 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I agree. Someone has to make a decision as there are younger players coming behind them so they have a limited period to prove themselves. IIRC I will also note that Metcalfe, Atkinson, Tilio, Glover all came into the team during Mombaerts period as coach. Bos, O'Neill and Talbot during PK's reign. None under Rado. Will the club always get it right? No but as long as there is a steady stream of players coming through that prove themselves then the fans would be happy.

Of your names, only Metcalfe, Atkinson and Bos are really our products.

3 hours ago, neio said:

I feel sorry for Pierias, he had a lot of potential but got no game time with us and moved to a club that gave him no game time, his development has stalled big time and he's a matter of what could have been for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Denis Genreau could barely get a few minutes off the bench here but is a Ligue 1 regular; one of ours that we totally missed

I don't agree we totally missed him, we had both him and Metcalfe coming through at exact same time. They play similar positions and with the system we use and with ONeill and Luna in midfield they both couldn't play. We chose Metcalfe and I'm very comfortable with that. I think we knew Genreau would be good, it just wasn't with us at that point in time 

• Like 3

Don't worry guys.. Talbot is the next best thing by the seems of it 🤦🏻‍♂️🙈

Makes you wonder where Galloway could have gone if he actually got played regularly and performed how he does on a regular basis. He reminds me so much of Atkinson. I'm honestly suprised he is still with us poor bloke!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

With Natel, Jakolis the Nabbout and Leckie to return from injury is there really room for Tilio?

a solid DM and another CB have perhaps more priority?

Then again I won’t be surprised if we don’t act this window at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr MO said:

With Natel, Jakolis the Nabbout and Leckie to return from injury is there really room for Tilio?

a solid DM and another CB have perhaps more priority?

Then again I won’t be surprised if we don’t act this window at all.

All four plus JMac have contracts that expire in June. I say "yes."

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

All four plus JMac have contracts that expire in June. I say "yes."

Well Tilio would only be a loan till June and then back to Celtic so that makes no sense. I can't see where he fits in unfortunately, if it was Bos or O'Neill or Atkinson yeah because that's areas we could fit players. But attackers is not the area we need filling in

• Like 1