Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

31 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

reports literally in the last couple of minutes on twitter are that Hibs have terminated Mclaren to allow him to move to us.

I thought the window was closed - but apparently in this case we can have until the German window closes? Next hour or so will reveal all.

Nope I believe that only works in outgoings.Ā 

2 things that could of happened they could have lodge the paperwork with FFA pending, or his German side can mutually terminate his contract leaving him a free agent.Ā 

1 minute ago, Tommykins said:

I'd argue that no other team would have made this happen.

Yep.

I understand given all the crap so far this season, there was a lot of negative emotion towards CFG and their intentions - with most people firmly believing we were getting nothing.Ā But credit to them, because they identified their man and used whatever they could to land him.

Now it's up to the player, team and coaching to make this work.

All the best Jamie.

BTW - this makes me feel more positive towards us landing another player soon, even though they will have to be a free agent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Yep.

I understand given all the crap so far this season, there was a lot of negative emotion towards CFG and their intentions - with most people firmly believing we were getting nothing.Ā But credit to them, because they identified their man and used whatever they could to land him.

Now it's up to the player, team and coaching to make this work.

All the best Jamie.

BTW - this makes me feel more positive towards us landing another player soon, even though they will have to be a free agent.

Plenty of decent free agents to choose from, I have my money on IbrahamĀ afellay on a guest stint

Edited by AntiScum

8 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Plenty of decent free agents to choose from, I have my money on IbrahamĀ afellay on a guest stint

Signing him as a Guest Player would be perfect because he could play every match including finals (maximum of 14 matches) and his salary isnā€™t included under the Cap.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure heā€™d satisfy FFAā€™sĀ criteria though. But I donā€™t have a clue really.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Signing him as a Guest Player would be perfect because he could play every match including finals (maximum of 14 matches) and his salary isnā€™t included under the Cap.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure heā€™d satisfy FFAā€™sĀ criteria though. But I donā€™t have a clue really.Ā 

Highly agree.Ā 

Is an international so you would think so. If Sydney could sign a Iranian you wouldn't see a Dutch international as a problemĀ 

4 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Highly agree.Ā 

Is an international so you would think so. If Sydney could sign a Iranian you wouldn't see a Dutch international as a problemĀ 

That's were you are getting ahead of yourself.Ā 

Sydney are always going to get the tick way easier than anyone else.Ā 

• Like 1

Michael Lynch has reported that we have a Tottenham youth striker on loan for the season. Where does this leave Moudi Najjar?

Melbourne City to sign Tottenham striker Shayon Harrison in loan deal

Michael Lynch1 February 2019 ā€” 10:53am
Ā 

Jamie Maclaren will not be the only new striker at Melbourne City's Bundoora training ground next week.

Related Article

Ā 

Socceroo Jamie Maclaren: has been targeted by Melbourne City.

The Socceroo could be joined by on-loan Tottenham forward Shayon Harrison, who is expected to join City on a short-term deal pending visa clearance.

The 21-year-old Spurs youth product is a left-sided striker who has come through the highly regarded Tottenham academy - where current Spurs first-teamers such as England captain Harry Kane and midfielder Harry Winks were developed.

Harrison has made one senior appearance for Spurs, coming off the bench in a League Cup tie against Liverpool in the League Cup in October 2016 as a teenager.

Related Article

Ā 

Newcastle's new record signing Miguel Almiron.

The North London club has loaned out many of its more promising youngsters in recent years to lower league teams, but sending Harrison to Australia is a first.

City coach Warren Joyce, who worked in the reserves and youth set-up at Manchester United and Leeds United, has contacts within the Tottenham camp and made an approach.

Spurs were keen for the London born youngster to get experience of senior football against men rather than in youth team matches, so have loaned Harrison until the end of the season.

Harrison ended 2017-18 with 13 appearances for League One side Southend United under his belt, having gone there on loan in January 2018. He also made 14 appearances for lower league Yeovil Town in a loan deal in 2017.

Before that he scored three goals in eight Premier League 2 appearances for Spurs and in pre-season in 2017, he'd scored in every game to help Tottenham's development squad win the European under-21 tournament in Ploufragan, France.

Harrison is expected to be available for the match against Adelaide at AAMI Park on February 9 if his visa is cleared.

Michael Lynch

Michael Lynch, The Age's expert on soccer, has had extensive experience of high level journalism in the UK and Australia. Michael has covered the Socceroos through Asia, Europe and South America in their past three World Cup campaigns. He has also reported on Grands Prix and top class motor sport from Asia and Europe. He has won several national media awards for both sports and industry journalism.

Ā 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Michael Lynch has reported that we have a Tottenham youth striker on loan for the season. Where does this leave Moudi Najjar?

Ā 

I'm still confused about this whole ruling about not being able to bring overseas youngsters to the A-League - CCM have done it and now there's talks about us doing it.

It leaves Najjar in the same situation as when O'Halloran was still contracted.Ā 

1 minute ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

So the a-league has changed the rule restricting the age of loan players then. Perhaps this is due to expansion and a lack of local talent. Interesting. Even more strange that we didnā€™t get someone from Man CityĀ 

Yeah if that has changed, why not send some Man City youngsters over? Maybe our global scouting network couldn't find any talent within their own academy?

• jw1739 pinned this topic