Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

How about a good left back, would solve a very big problem  Ashley Cole. who i believe is unhappy at AS Roma and out of favour with head coach Garcia although nearing the end of his football career would solve a problem for us for a season or two.

He's actually a free agent at the moment.

Cahill is a massive flog. I'm willing to put up with it if he delivers but it will still annoy the fuck out of me.

Got to love soccer, bloke would probably be in jail or something if he couldn't kick and header a ball well. But he can, so instead he is a millionaire :up: 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Cahill is a massive flog. I'm willing to put up with it if he delivers but it will still annoy the fuck out of me.

Got to love soccer, bloke would probably be in jail or something if he couldn't kick and header a ball well. But he can, so instead he is a millionaire :up: 

Legacy. 

• Like 1

This could be applied to any number of professional footballers....

• Like 1

A mates brother has taught a large number of AFL footballers and there are a few that would have ended up with a criminal record if it wasn't for their ability to kick a ball. So yes I am glad that there are professional sports to reduce the crim count.

10 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Does anyone know anything about Niko Kranjcar as a possible replacement for Robi Koren? His name was brought up in Dave Davutovic's Studs Up blog today.

Having a quick look at his bio seems like a player we would sign - multiple injuries that have kept him out for large spells

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Bloody oath he was. Was a long time ago though, wouldn't touch now.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'm still waiting for the day when we're actually going to get a young player from the CFG stable...and not an injury-prone 30-something from the Championship.

Read again the other day that the FFA in their wisdom have banned visa players under 20. The one size fits all solution annoys me, but I can see what they are getting at

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Where did you read that? 

It was an article on line about another club. Maybe on 442? Sorry for being evasive, can't remember the exact one.

Davotovic has also written the exact same thing about a year ago. It got my attention as it meant the FFA would have rejected Raheem Sterling as a marquee.

i think they brought it in after Roars Indo owners brought in a couple of kids who never played and of course going right back there was the Salazar debacle at Scum FC.

8 hours ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Fox sports reporting a player from New York City coming for 14 game loan stint. 

Yeah because the problem isn't the coach at all, not one little bit. All we need to fix it is another half baked loan of a player out of season and who hasn't played with or is familiar with the team. that'll really fix it:wub:

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic