Melbourne Football

Adelaide Away Sunday 3/1/21

Baka1

Round 2 A-League squad

1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Aiden O’NEILL, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 35. Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 38. Jordan BOS, 42. Ahmad TALEB.

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 35. Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES (promoted), 38. Jordan BOS (promoted).

Outs: 15. Andrew NABBOUT (hamstring), 20. Adrian LUNA (suspension).

3 hours ago, neio said:

Round 2 A-League squad

1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Aiden O’NEILL, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 35. Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 38. Jordan BOS, 42. Ahmad TALEB.

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 35. Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES (promoted), 38. Jordan BOS (promoted).

Outs: 15. Andrew NABBOUT (hamstring), 20. Adrian LUNA (suspension).

Youth team plus a handful of oldies having a run.

Gameday!!

Historically, Adelaide have definitely been a bogey team for us but I'm feeling really confident about this one. Their more dangerous players (Juric, Troisi) still look quite underdone so I'm feeling like we're getting Adelaide at a good time. 

Reckon we've got them covered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

I'm gonna say Troisi will be absolutely no threat at all. But despite the fact he plays for Wanderers now, he'll still have more of an impact on tonights game than Broxham had last night

I've had a 'mare here 😂

Time to retire from the forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt we can start Florin, he seems like someone who also can't play through any type of slight injury or lack of conditioning. 

So with that Gomulka will probably start in midfield, and Tsubaki replaces Nabbout with every chance we will get a look at Tillio at some stage 

1 hour ago, neio said:

I doubt we can start Florin, he seems like someone who also can't play through any type of slight injury or lack of conditioning. 

So with that Gomulka will probably start in midfield, and Tsubaki replaces Nabbout with every chance we will get a look at Tillio at some stage 

I would love to see that and also this would be deserved for the players who trained hard and are fit coming out of preseason.

However the fact he was even on the bench last week with only 20 minutes of football under his belt makes me think that we might force him to start.

The above would of course be slightly discouraging for fringe and youth players but it’s to Paddy up to make that judgement.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I would love to see that and also this would be deserved for the players who trained hard and are fit coming out of preseason.

However the fact he was even on the bench last week with only 20 minutes of football under his belt makes me think that we might force him to start.

The above would of course be slightly discouraging for fringe and youth players but it’s to Paddy up to make that judgement.

Berenguer, just for you. 

And we’re wearing the third red and white kit. 

Edited by Harrison
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Berenguer, just for you. 

And we’re wearing the third red and white kit. 

Yes I had a gut feeling.

We say we are all for developing and playing younger players, attract mainly only 20yo during off season and then when it comes to it we keep playing the half cooked oldies. He must have trained really well this week, trust Paddy. Disappointed for Tilio or Gomulka.

Alas, hopefully Florin reads this and puts on a show.

Edited by Mr MO

7 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes I had a gut feeling.

We say we are all for developing and playing younger players, attract mainly only 20yo during off season and then when it comes to we keep playing the half cooked oldies. He must have trained really well this week. Disappointed for Tilio or Gomulka.

Alas, hopefully Florin reads this and puts on a show.

Well Tilio is starting, so that should make you happy. As for Gomulka, I’d love to see him start but he will probably still get 20 minutes off the bench. It’s a good thing that he has to earn his position though, generally that’s what you want. 

4 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Well Tilio is starting, so that should make you happy. As for Gomulka, I’d love to see him start but he will probably still get 20 minutes off the bench. It’s a good thing that he has to earn his position though, generally that’s what you want. 

Not doubt their time will come.

Sorry didn’t look at the lineup yet - nice to see Tilio start but I was excited for the Japanse Messi.

1 minute ago, Bannon said:

big head scratcher this decision, im all for it though it should be our away kit not the 3rd 

Adelaide has a wide dark navy blue strip on the shoulders perhaps that’s why. 

17 minutes ago, haz said:

Florian has been shit

He’s cruzing, not really pressing and not really tracking back.

We’ve lost the upper hand in the last 10 minutes - Adelaide doesn’t know what to do with all the space.

4 minutes ago, haz said:

Huge gap between the midfield and defence

Yes our midfielders aren’t tracking back enough. 

Edited by Mr MO

Good game so far, not much in it but we have been slightly better.

Its going to take something brilliant or a huge mistake to decide this one.

I'm going 0:1 to us, Berenguer in 68th.

Edited by Jovan
Just to trigger the Berenguer angst