Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: Driving in Hawthorn between 3 and 6pm...

You got posh parents in luxury cars who can't bloody drive on roads that barely fit two lanes. These being the types of cars whose paint probably would have to be imported from Milan if u hit them.

And also not to be beaten their are random idiots riding their bikes really slow where there is no bike lane up and down Hills to make things even harder.

You spend the whole time slamming on the brakes behind some Audi who just stops out of nowhere.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cadete said:

You got posh parents in luxury cars who can't bloody drive on roads that barely fit two lanes. These being the types of cars whose paint probably would have to be imported from Milan if u hit them.

And also not to be beaten their are random idiots riding their bikes really slow where there is no bike lane up and down Hills to make things even harder.

You spend the whole time slamming on the brakes behind some Audi who just stops out of nowhere.

Yeh shit area to drive especially those times you mentioned. The trick with bikes is once you pass them you sit near the curb as close as possible so they can't pass you again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Add Camberwell Malvern Kew. Nightmare. 

33 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: Preseason friendlies on a 36 degree day. I have a newfound respect for A League players after today. Football is definitely not a summer sport.

Playing youth games every Saturday at 12pm midday in 30+ degree weather with 90% humidity in North Queensland was the norm. But you would be fucked all weekend as a result.

• Like 1

TTIM: Having a hard to understand address due to living in apartment building/that is part of greater apartment building complex meaning that instead of Uber Eats coming straight to the entrance of the building I have to go outside and spend five minutes trying to find the buggers.

TTDIM: Krispy Kreme Donuts being on Uber Eats... an easy way to get back in the good books with The Wife.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Having a hard to understand address due to living in apartment building/that is part of greater apartment building complex meaning that instead of Uber Eats coming straight to the entrance of the building I have to go outside and spend five minutes trying to find the buggers.

TTDIM: Krispy Kreme Donuts being on Uber Eats... an easy way to get back in the good books with The Wife.

Have exactly the same issue at my place. But half the drivers now know about it so it's just a lottery of where they'll end up

TTIM : 20km/h speed limits on public roads.

There is no fucking way that there is any increase in safety at 20km/h than at 40. And no one is going to drive 20km/h anyway. 

Stupid nanny state road rules keep getting worse yet the road toll goes up. Clearly cunts don't know what they're doing. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

TTDIM: Seeing a family wanting to sit in their "allocated seats" near me on Saturday in the active area before moving to different seats merely 10 minutes later (not even after kick-off) after noticing that everyone was standing and would do so for the whole game.

TTIM: Obviously that people still don't get it as they just buy the cheapest reserved tickets without knowing how it works in "active areas".

18 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM : 20km/h speed limits on public roads.

There is no fucking way that there is any increase in safety at 20km/h than at 40. And no one is going to drive 20km/h anyway. 

Stupid nanny state road rules keep getting worse yet the road toll goes up. Clearly cunts don't know what they're doing. 

Never seen 20km/h speed limits before, where in Melbourne are they?

7 minutes ago, haz said:

Never seen 20km/h speed limits before, where in Melbourne are they?

Me neither. But I agree with the general irksomeness of there being far too many street signs in Australia, and the absurdity of many of them. There are three speed zones in my street, plus something like 70 signs of various descriptions (I counted them 2-3 year ago). We have two schools in the street and it's a cul-de-sac only some 150 metres long.

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Australia Post's CEO getting $5.6m a year despite the service getting worse. And AP trying to cover it up.

This one is "might" be accurate but the way newspapers publish PPL's salaries can be entirely different to the reality of the situation... for example the sale cost of a loaned car or even a the price of a rental property associated with the job can be listed by the papers as the part of someone's salary.

And FWIW when I see this type of reporting as something that def does Irk Me.

Edited by cadete

15 minutes ago, cadete said:

This one is "might" be accurate but the way newspapers publish PPL's salaries can be entirely different to the reality of the situation... for example the sale cost of a loaned car or even a the price of a rental property associated with the job can be listed by the papers as the part of someone's salary.

And FWIW when I see this type of reporting as something that def does Irk Me.

To be fair, it is still part of their package. What the rent/lease cost of house/car is anyway. Though if it is a property in multiple cities then it's probably not fair. I wonder if they include the FBT paid in the figure as well.

On AP, part of the reason they struggle isn't their fault, rather the outdated international agreements that govern post. My understanding is that basically when the mail hits Australia from an overseas post then Australia Post basically have to deliver it the rest of the way for free. Maybe that made sense back in the day, but in this age of internet shopping it doesn't. 

That's why all those Chinese sellers like to use really slow shipping rather than couriers, because that's the one AP have to deliver for free and on the Chinese side their government subsidises it. So it costs the sellers over there next to nothing, this is the kind of shit that they do that isn't in the spirit of free trade fwiw. 

Edited by Tesla

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

To be fair, it is still part of their package. What the rent/lease cost of house/car is anyway. Though if it is a property in multiple cities then it's probably not fair. I wonder if they include the FBT paid in the figure as well.

On AP, part of the reason they struggle isn't their fault, rather the outdated international agreements that govern post. My understanding is that basically when the mail hits Australia from an overseas post then Australia Post basically have to deliver it the rest of the way for free. Maybe that made sense back in the day, but in this age of internet shopping it doesn't. 

That's why all those Chinese sellers like to use really slow shipping rather than couriers, because that's the one AP have to deliver for free and on the Chinese side their government subsidises it. So it costs the sellers over there next to nothing, this is the kind of shit that they do that isn't in the spirit of free trade fwiw. 

The value of a property used only when employed in certain role should not be listed in a paper every year as part of a person's salary...

Anything that any other employee would have to pay out of their own pocket that an executive doesn't pay out of theirs should be included in the disclosure. Failure to fully disclose is IMO almost as bad, or even possibly worse, than the size of the package itself. If the package is completely justifiable then there should be no issue with full disclosure. My reaction to anything less than full disclosure is that the organization/individual knows that the package will fail that test.

There are countries (Sweden is one I believe) where everyone's tax return is public. That's too far in my opinion, I get the idea behind it (transparency, and helps to avoid people hiding income since someone will snitch on them) but there needs to be a level of privacy as well.

Edit: just googled it and according to some random website apparently Norway is one, but you also get notified when someone looks up your tax return (telling you who it is), that's actually quite brilliant. Still don't like it though. 

Edited by Tesla

In Finland I believe, they practice progressive punishment too. 

Speeding infractions are punished with a fine that is calculated on income. Example from article below is a man who was fined over 54,000 euros for travelling 64 mph in a 50 mph zone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/26/world/europe/speeding-in-finland-can-cost-a-fortune-if-you-already-have-one.html

29 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Speeding infractions are punished with a fine that is calculated on income. Example from article below is a man who was fined over 54,000 euros for travelling 64 mph in a 50 mph zone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/26/world/europe/speeding-in-finland-can-cost-a-fortune-if-you-already-have-one.html

I actually agree with this tbh, it makes no sense that someone making fuck all pays the same fine as a billionaire, because that money means a very different thing to each and so the deterrent to not break the rules is different. 

And similar to what I said in the climate change thread, to maintain the status quo you could just reduce income tax for high earners by a similar amount to whatever you'd expect higher fines to bring in. 

3 hours ago, cadete said:

The value of a property used only when employed in certain role should not be listed in a paper every year as part of a person's salary...

They don't use the value of the property they use the value to rent the property and presumably the FBT payable on this fringe benefit. If they did include the value of the property then the cash remenuration portion of their estimate would be close to nil if not then negative. 

And IMO it is fair enough using the remuneration package as that is what people are offered. A salary package of x amount of dollars

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Harrison said:

They don't. Finland doesn't exist 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

Change to another provider that is cheaper however that uses their networks

Always an option, I agree. But this can involve a substantial amount of work if you have, for example, a number of payments automatically going into and out of a particular bank account.

Edited by jw1739

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Always an option, I agree. But this can involve a substantial amount of work if you have, for example, a number of payments automatically going into and out of a particular bank account.

Late last year my accounts were hacked (no idea how because I am very careful) and so I needed new accounts and I can tell you resetting everything is a real pain.

• Like 1

TTIM: I honestly cant believe these taxi cunts are protesting. Most ungrateful fuckwits, get the most generous 'compensation' for deregulating the industry in the country, if not the world, and they still protest? I swear to god if Daniel Andrews turned around and said 'nah, now you cunts get the $0 you should be getting' I will vote for Labor in the next 3 state elections.

Seriously these cunts should be giving out free taxi rides to taxpayers to show their gratitude at the $100k they're being given for no reason, not wasting people's time blocking roads and protesting.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

TTIM: I honestly cant believe these taxi cunts are protesting. Most ungrateful fuckwits, get the most generous 'compensation' for deregulating the industry in the country, if not the world, and they still protest? I swear to god if Daniel Andrews turned around and said 'nah, now you cunts get the $0 you should be getting' I will vote for Labor in the next 3 state elections.

Seriously these cunts should be giving out free taxi rides to taxpayers to show their gratitude at the $100k they're being given for no reason, not wasting people's time blocking roads and protesting.

They're certainly eroding any public support they had. My guess is that they are aware of that though and it’s all about pissing as many people off as possible now so that the Andrews government will be forced to act. Hopefully he tells them to suck a fat one and then takes an uber home.

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

They're certainly eroding any public support they had. My guess is that they are aware of that though and it’s all about pissing as many people off as possible now so that the Andrews government will be forced to act. Hopefully he tells them to suck a fat one and then takes an uber home.

If it was up to me I'd tell them not only are they getting $0 in compensation, but if they protest again each licence holder needs to pay $100k compensation to taxpayers for ripping them off for all these years.

Edited by Tesla