Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

If he's gonna be sacked, it'll be only 1-2 days after a match.

If they make any announcement thats not on a Thursday at 10am. We RIOT.

All good we play WSW on a Wednesday night in a couple of weeks. A loss to then could just be the 284737th and final nail in the coffin.

All good we play WSW on a Wednesday night in a couple of weeks. A loss to then could just be the 284737th and final nail in the coffin.

I firmly believe the club won't miss this opportunity. Start packing your bags JVS.

• Like 1

Nails ain't gonna do it. It's important that the stake gets put through the Heart this time. You know, coz last time he came back from the dead.

• Like 3

Just about to turn things around. I can feel it.

I admire your optimism Kingofhearts but me thinks you are joshing lol.

Have to think positive mate, some people have money riding on his success!

Now i know you are joking who in their right mind would bet on a thing like that.

Have to #believe mate. Need to finish in 5th place

Just about to turn things around. I can feel it.

I admire your optimism Kingofhearts but me thinks you are joshing lol.

Have to think positive mate, some people have money riding on his success!

Now i know you are joking who in their right mind would bet on a thing like that.

Have to #believe mate. Need to finish in 5th place

BTW DW mate I will be there to be collect on that final day...

While I would love for that to happen you are waiting for him to do something he has never been able to do in his 15 years of coaching. Plus with a ten man injury list.

Actually although I called "ten" it is actually a mere nine players, as Velaphi came back (making it 8 for 8 minutes) until Duff went down.

Just not gonna get us to winning anything. Can't change his style, players not suited to what he wants, just had enough now.

He's had the time, it's now time to go.

Adelaide down 1 - 0 at half time last night, wanted to win so Gombau changed their formation and tactics and they won. Whereas a certain tanned Dutchman on the bench at City....

Just not gonna get us to winning anything. Can't change his style, players not suited to what he wants, just had enough now.

He's had the time, it's now time to go.

Adelaide down 1 - 0 at half time last night, wanted to win so Gombau changed their formation and tactics and they won. Whereas a certain tanned Dutchman on the bench at City....

Exactly.

Would break records to get him or someone like him to our club.

Love his passion, his want to win and more importantly, intelligence on game day.

Would be a joy to play under.

• Like 2

Yep, really gave me the shits today.

Just for once, please change your formation. We don't have any wingers left, so narrow it.

Koren spent half the day roaming back to the middle because he didn't want to go chasing balls out wide.

Then with the game nearly done and the medics performing cpr on Kenendy as he was nearly dead, he goes and takes Koren off instead. Why he just didn't take Kennedy off when he took Williams off instead and kept Willo on.... I just don't know anymore.

• Like 4

Yep, really gave me the shits today.

Just for once, please change your formation. We don't have any wingers left, so narrow it.

Koren spent half the day roaming back to the middle because he didn't want to go chasing balls out wide.

Then with the game nearly done and the medics performing cpr on Kenendy as he was nearly dead, he goes and takes Koren off instead. Why he just didn't take Kennedy off when he took Williams off instead and kept Willo on.... I just don't know anymore.

Seriously today was a load of predictable crap... once Meiling went of the game was never going to be won because he was the only unpredictable thing going on in a City Shirt.

Kennedy's game reminded me of use to happen to Sibon under JVS when he played as the CF in that he had stand up forward waiting for mostly slow build ups in play allowing him to be covered by both of Perth's CB's with ease.

When Gazza went off it was already clear that one of the Wingers had to be made more central to a least prevent Kennedy being main marked by two players... what is so annoying is JVS could have done either of the following to give Kennedy at least some assistance:

1. Moved Koren to play as the Number Ten, Mooy into a more defensive role and tried Retre/Hoffman on the wing.

2. Or moved Koren into the middle and moved tried Williams beside Kennedy to give him someone to work with... Williams has rarely worked as a Winger in his whole time in Melbourne anyway.

Instead he brings on the three metre pass completion machine of Murdocca and the game was gone.

I concede that the injury toll ATM in regards to Wingers is bad and obviously Duff, Mate, Gooch all would have been options than risking either Hoff or Retre on a wing but as soon as Murdocca came on into the middle the chance of the ball getting to Kennedy with enough space and time before he could beat a defence solely focused on him was never going to happen. 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Everyone's saying we should be playing the attacking City way. Just take in the quality difference we have compared to them for a second...

The disparity in quality is irrelevant as it is relative to the league.  Look at Brisbane when they were at their height, they still managed to play attacking football that is comparable to  Man City.

Everyone's saying we should be playing the attacking City way. Just take in the quality difference we have compared to them for a second...

Irrelevant.

When Brisbane Roar dominated and went on their undefeated run they were called Roarcelona, even though there was a large quality difference with Barcelona.