Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

9 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Will be interesting to see how much we change next week given there was a few players in makeshift positions. After that performance, if it ain't broke...

Mariners next week, of course its a game we should win... the only change will probably be... the one that we all fear

really , two bad teams last night, we had Mooy and were not wasteful in front of goal,

Perth got behind our defense 4 times in the first 15 min and should have scored two by then

JVS is gone

anyone can see that we dominated a less shit team,  lets see how we go against the top teams

Let's face it. We're stuck with JVS for the rest of the season. Such a waste with the list we've got. I doubt we'll ever get a player as good as Mooy playing for us ever again. Just enjoy the rollercoaster I guess. Hopefully City groups take things seriously next season when they see the shit crowd attendances are sick of finishing mid table. 

If the Mancini sacking is anything to go by, then JVS would be sacked as a result of an end-of-season process (the Mancini decision was brought forward to May 13, with two matches to go, due to speculation about Pellegrini replacing him).

CFG said that 'failure to hit targets' and the need to 'develop a holistic approach to all aspects of football at the club' prompted the sacking. 

I think the sacking of Jason Kries (NYCFC manager) after one season, which was also an end-of-season review, is more applicable to us.

CFG said that despite the challenges of building a new team/franchise, 'there was not enough evidence of the dynamics required to improve the performance of the team for the next season and beyond.'

Seems like JVS would last until the end of the season.

When CFG take the decision on JvS it would usually be as the season is almost over and they got their cherished trajectory charts pointing in the same direction, but somehow I feel that JvS might not survive another bad spell of results.. Just a gut feeling though

3 hours ago, M13 said:

When CFG take the decision on JvS it would usually be as the season is almost over and they got their cherished trajectory charts pointing in the same direction, but somehow I feel that JvS might not survive another bad spell of results.. Just a gut feeling though

I still think the decision has been made. We are currently going through the annual JVS mini run which will fall into a heap after december. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

I still think the decision has been made. We are currently going through the annual JVS mini run which will fall into a heap after december. 

I agree, but with the rider that until it actually happens there is a chance he can wriggle out of it. To do that we need to go on an extended run without losing ( mostly winning) including good results against the teams vying for the title. So it needs to be a lot better than it has been and the sort of run that would silence most of his strong critics.

Fundamentally I think the door is staying open by a crack because the people who hired him did so for a reason, if they now have to sack him it calls their judgement into question and they won't like that.

They are in a totally different position to the person on this forum who thinks "why did they re-sign him", "ok give him half a dozen games", "right, I knew it was a bad decision, sack him".

5 hours ago, Deeming said:

Given the press release for the Chinese buy-in for CFG mentioned him and a brief bio I can't see him going anytime soon otherwise I would have thought they'd not really mention the coach or if they did no bio.

Mentioned all the managers I think..

Although I still think the decision has been made on JVS and so it then becomes a question of when. I am starting to think at the end of the season, because it seems that Guardiola is heading to Manchester for next season. So given that Gombau is from Barcelona and could pretty quickly (you would think) establish a relationship with Guardiola, Gombau will be heading to us. 

Then you take a broader CFG view, next season begins a new era at all three clubs. Could be wrong, but its  a logical way that things could pan out.

16 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Although I still think the decision has been made on JVS and so it then becomes a question of when. I am starting to think at the end of the season, because it seems that Guardiola is heading to Manchester for next season. So given that Gombau is from Barcelona and could pretty quickly (you would think) establish a relationship with Guardiola, Gombau will be heading to us. 

Then you take a broader CFG view, next season begins a new era at all three clubs. Could be wrong, but its  a logical way that things could pan out.

The decisions that have been made are those of the performance objectives (metrics or whatever other synonym you wish to use) that are to be achieved at each club in the stable. Van 't Schip is being reviewed against those objectives on a continual basis. His future will be decided not only by where the results at various stages of this season and at season's end, but also on a judgement call as to whether he can achieve next season's objectives as well.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

The decisions that have been made are those of the performance objectives (metrics or whatever other synonym you wish to use) that are to be achieved at each club in the stable. Van 't Schip is being reviewed against those objectives on a continual basis. His future will be decided not only by where the results at various stages of this season and at season's end, but also on a judgement call as to whether he can achieve next season's objectives as well.

CFG try and always think like that (and im not suggesting this is the case with us) but if say Manchester won the EPL and CL and Guardiola said he would sign, I would suggest there would be no way in hell  they would turn him down.

In our case, I wouldn't be surprised that they set these 'metrics' impossibly high just to use it as an excuse. The bottom line is, you look at JVS and his history and ask. Could he take us to a title? I bet no-one thinks that is the case  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Paartalu has also sensed a growing ruthless streak from his coach, as van 't Schip looks to end his trophy drought in Australia.

"As a manager, that's something that he's grown into as well," Paartalu said.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/paartalu-soaks-big-city-feel#UT8Bi6DpYFKC1zSw.99

"No more mister nice guy" is definitely another thing we have heard many times before. Hopefully it sticks this time and the damage to the club while waiting for him to "grow into" it can be undone.

Edited by KSK_47

12 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

If we win the derby, I'll be at about 25% in terms of supporting him, but it's hard to forget and forgive after the Jets & WSW losses at AAMI ... those games destroyed a part of my soul 

This is the exact problem. These games were only a few months ago so its very difficult to think that its all behind us now. Especially after all the times we have previously seen these miraculous runs, only to have them end as suddenly as it came.

At the start of the season i said that for me he needs to win the leauge (or come very damn close to it) or he needs to go. I stand by that.

7 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

This is the exact problem. These games were only a few months ago so its very difficult to think that its all behind us now. Especially after all the times we have previously seen these miraculous runs, only to have them end as suddenly as it came.

At the start of the season i said that for me he needs to win the leauge (or come very damn close to it) or he needs to go. I stand by that.

Yeah, needs to looked at over the long term not a 3 match stint. And looking back his record is piss poor so we have to be top 2 and in the GF for a pass mark or get this bloke out the door.