Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

I feel so betrayed, after all the excitement when JVS came out during the week and promised us that the team was actually going to try against Adelaide.

I know I was ready to run through a wall for him, after he promised us that a bunch of professional players (many of whose careers were/are absolutely hanging by a thread) were going to behave professionally.

I feel so betrayed, after all the excitement when JVS came out during the week and promised us that the team was actually going to try against Adelaide.

I know I was ready to run through a wall for him, after he promised us that a bunch of professional players (many of whose careers were/are absolutely hanging by a thread) were going to behave professionally.

All he said was that we were going to play for a result, and we got one. I appreciate his honesty. 

• Like 1

I agree. But I do agree with JVS though about the players having a good look at themselves. He may have made his own mistakes, which is why he needs to go, but the players deserve a bigger spray for how they turned up to play. I couldn't imagine, and never have in my life, not turned up and given blood, sweat and tears for the team.

• Like 1

All he said was that we were going to play for a result, and we got one. I appreciate his honesty. 

Touche. JVS succeeded in avoiding an abandoned match. Mission accomplished!

If we don't win this weekend, replace him.

We need a media savvy coach that can help promote the club, and not afraid the give our players the riot act.

Yes it worked well last time we chose a coach due to his media skills didn't it?

How about this for an idea? Hire a hard nut coach who can coach. Any clown can do the media.

• Like 2

Swear my teams coach has more balls than JVS. We won 10-0 and he was still angry with the way we played...not doing 3 touch, too selfish etc... Never have I seen JVS angry whatsoever. Change is needed regardless of how we go in finals, even if we win the bloody thing!

Why can't the board just stop thinking they know things and instead make decisions based on my posts on this forum. It was like 2 games into the season when I started this thread and it was already clear he wasn't going to do the job.

Sack the board. Appoint Tesla.

• Like 1

Swear my teams coach has more balls than JVS. We won 10-0 and he was still angry with the way we played...not doing 3 touch, too selfish etc... Never have I seen JVS angry whatsoever. Change is needed regardless of how we go in finals, even if we win the bloody thing!

Who did you play? Melton? I remember we used to smash them 10-0 and their dads and coach will still come out and say "well done boys. Better luck next time".

Who did you play? Melton? I remember we used to smash them 10-0 and their dads and coach will still come out and say "well done boys. Better luck next time".

haha we beat melton 8-0 i think back in U16's to win the league, they celebrated more cause the season was over and their goal difference was -80

Tbh this whole situation is the supporters fault. We really have been too lax here. If this were Italy or Argentina we would have hopped the fence at training, taken the player's shirts off their backs, kidnapped JVS and left him in a ditch somewhere and held the board hostage until they appointed Maradona as captain-coach. We really have fucked up here. :droy:

Supporters out.

Tbh this whole situation is the supporters fault. We really have been too lax here. If this were Italy or Argentina we would have hopped the fence at training, taken the player's shirts off their backs, kidnapped JVS and left him in a ditch somewhere and held the board hostage until they appointed Maradona as captain-coach. We really have fucked up here. :droy:

Supporters out.

Although really, that's the problem.

Why can't the board just stop thinking they know things and instead make decisions based on my posts on this forum. It was like 2 games into the season when I started this thread and it was already clear he wasn't going to do the job.

Sack the board. Appoint Tesla.

You'll only last one round before being kicked out for betting on games your team is in...

• Like 5

Stern Mourinho words inspired us - Terry

Chelsea's first half at Leicester City disappointed John Terry and Didier Drogba, but the side's response left them delighted.

Chelsea captain John Terry revealed manager Jose Mourinho's stern words at half-time inspired their 3-1 come-from-behind win at Leicester City.

Mourinho's men can now clinch the Premier League title with victory against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Sunday after showing their quality at the King Power Stadium.

Leicester, fresh off four straight wins that lifted them out of the relegation zone, led at half-time through Marc Albrighton, but goals from Didier Drogba, Terry and Ramires put Chelsea on the brink of being crowned champions.

"We got a bit of a telling off," Terry told a global television feed.

"It [the first half] wasn't good enough really. We were a little bit lacklustre at the start. We knew what to expect but we still didn't deal with it too well.

"We knew they were going to be a tough side and they were. They kept fighting. They made it very difficult for us, first half especially.

"[but] we came out and responded very well. I thought we played excellent second half, created a lot more chances, looked solid at the back and going forward [we were] excellent.

"We got the three points again. [it is] a very good result."

Asked what he said at the interval to fire up his players, Mourinho told BBC 5 live: "If I told you what I told the team you couldn't broadcast it. It would be beep, beep, beep, beep."

Chelsea forward Drogba added that his side were inspired by the prospect of winning their first title since 2010 on home soil on Sunday.

"This one was difficult," he said.

"We have to give credit to Leicester, who started very well. But in the second half we came back.

"We wanted to make sure that the game against Crystal Palace is going to be the one to give us the league. So we pushed and we scored fantastic goals."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/stern-mourinho-words-inspired-us-terry#uKCc4qOfVWtAb6mw.99

Not the same playing level but just another difference between a good manager being able to motivate his players and JVS. I couldn't see him doing something like this. Something we desperately needed the last two weeks.

Hahaha that's a typical aloisi quote. Anyways I'm 'keeper and touched the ball 5 times the whole game, so my flight back from adelaide that early to make the game didn't even matter ahaha :P (y)