Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

True: Many a fan who claimed on here multiple times that they would never support a team not in "Red and White" and indeed some who even boasted this very Season on Social Media about discontinuing their memberships just keep seeming to be seen at games week after week.

At least their campaign worked though right?

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

At least their campaign worked though right?

I am pretty sure its personally my fault it did not work, well I was told after the Protest by more than one of the campaigners that if it did not work it would be fault...

The funniest part of the whole thing was how for a couple of days where we were told by the media that the club could not wear Sky Blue because of SFC complaining and one certain user who had not been on here for months popped up on here and went the "Early Crow" and claimed the campaign had been successful only to slink back of into the distance.

But dont worry he was since returned to games... I reckon the Sheik would be pretty good at Poker considering the amount of Bluffs he called out on the last day of MHFC.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Well no. Red,if anything, is a third colour now so why would they? It would be akin to Sydney having orange merchandise 

The Premier League clubs do it, they even do it with their 3rd strip colours. I have an Arsenal long sleeve polo top that's majority dark blue with sky blue trimming

3 minutes ago, Deeming said:

The Premier League clubs do it, they even do it with their 3rd strip colours. I have an Arsenal long sleeve polo top that's majority dark blue with sky blue trimming

You can actually look closer to home at Hawthorn who often make fan products in Navy (Despite not wearing Navy for years in competition) in the knowledge that some Fans dont want to wear Brown and Gold.

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

You can actually look closer to home at Hawthorn who often make fan products in Navy (Despite not wearing Navy for years in competition) in the knowledge that some Fans dont want to wear Brown and Gold.

That's probably a good comparison. In terms of the appeal of colour alone (aside from connotations) sky blue would be just above brown and gold.

44 minutes ago, cadete said:

..because they're awful colours that only look good when they're worn by bandwagonners steaming out of the 'G with 5 minutes still to go in a game. .

...sorry, just had to throw that in. ..

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Thanks for the reminder @n i k o. Melburnians rep going doesn't use the forum, raise anything here and I will cherry pick the ones I like and tell him what peoples concerns are.

The club has also said you can send questions via Twitter and to hashtag #AskCity with your question. Either way another option.

I don't remember a clear answer regarding the navy blue colour, so my question is 'what is the clubs stance regarding the colour, particualarly because it's so well associated with our cross town rivals?' 

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Can you please pass on that at lest one family is waiting to see who the coach is next season before they commit to renew and/or at what level. I for one am not sure if I can survive another season of JVS

If you could survive the travisty that was your sacking by Benfica (I know you have the solace of the curse) you can manage one more year with JVS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

If you could survive the travisty that was your sacking by Benfica (I know you have the solace of the curse) you can manage one more year with JVS

Being sacked by Benfica (for asking for a pay rise after winning the local league and the European Cup) was nothing compared to 4 seasons of JVS:lol:

Edited by belaguttman

10 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Did they have a defined metric of success pre season? (Is it likely to be met?)

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Can you please pass on that at lest one family is waiting to see who the coach is next season before they commit to renew and/or at what level. I for one am not sure if I can survive another season of JVS

+1 About JVS

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

The club has also said you can send questions via Twitter and to hashtag #AskCity with your question. Either way another option.

I don't remember a clear answer regarding the navy blue colour, so my question is 'what is the clubs stance regarding the colour, particualarly because it's so well associated with our cross town rivals?' 

I cant remember which month it was, but pretty sure I remember someone who was at the FRG where it was brought up saying that the Navy was going to be removed from the home kit.

"Majority white with some sky blue" was what was communicated at the time I believe.

Edited by Embee

9 minutes ago, Embee said:

I cant remember which month it was, but pretty sure I remember someone who was at the FRG where it was brought up saying that the Navy was going to be removed from the home kit.

"Majority white with some sky blue" was what was communicated at the time I believe.

I thought the club was a bit vague on the answer though, but if they've clearly communicated that the navy blue will be removed then my mistake. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2016 at 3:32 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Thanks for the reminder @n i k o. Melburnians rep going doesn't use the forum, raise anything here and I will cherry pick the ones I like and tell him what peoples concerns are.

I don't recall seeing any notes from the previous meeting (March sometime?) - what happened there? Did this latest meeting last week (21st April) take place? Are you in a position to give a quick summary of what transpired?

Edited by jw1739

On 4/21/2016 at 9:35 AM, jw1739 said:

Is it possible for there to be a published list of dates on which FRG meetings are scheduled? Might save a lot of this "last minute questions" stuff.

Meetings have a habit of being postponed, so there'd be no hard-and-fast dates to post. Just assume the there's one meeting every month, roughly every four weeks during the season (now the FRG goes on hiatus until next season).

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't recall seeing any notes from the previous meeting (March sometime?) - what happened there? Did this latest meeting last week (21st April) take place? Are you in a position to give a quick summary of what transpired?

A bit of confusion with the minutes of the meeting that took place at the end of Feb. The minutes will be up within the next 24 hrs.

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group Meeting

Thursday 25th February 2016 at 6pm

Attendees: Bridget, Steve, Luke, Jordan, Haydn

Club staff: Scott Munn, Sally Freedman, Luke Wyman, Melanie Price, David Harris

Review of the FFA appeals process for banned fans

Scott stated that the FFA will publish a table of information that details prohibited items and actions at A-League games.  This will provide clarity around what actions would lead to what bans (for example, use of flares at A-League games will bring about a five year ban).

Then the appeals process, that the FFA recently finalised, was discussed. It was stated that if an individual committed an incident listed in the table of information, then a report will be completed by stadium security, the police and the A-League club for the FFA.

The next step is the FFA producing an intention to ban notice. The recipient will have an opportunity to make their case if they wish to contest the ban notice. The recipient will get 5 days to respond through the A-League club affiliated with the recipient. Some evidence will be available to the recipient of the ban notice, but not all evidence (for example, if the recipient also had criminal charges made against him or her, then evidence that is relevant to those charges won’t be made available).

It was noted that the onus would be on the individual to prove their case (for example, by showing that they didn’t attend the match and couldn’t have performed the actions they were accused of).

A ban or penalty is then issued. Although the new process allows for one further avenue for appeal for the recipient of a ban, namely an appeal to an independent committee named Football Independent Banning Appeals Committee (FIBAC).

To summarise, information will be published to remove uncertainty around what actions at football matches lead to bans. And now the recipient of an intention to ban notice will be able to view some evidence, and will have two avenues to appeal the FFA’s intention to ban.

Football update

The club is satisfied with the squad, and believes it has the potential to go all the way.

Over the next two weeks some announcements will be made regarding the squad and re-signings.

Some players who are out of contract at the end of the season will have the opportunity over the remainder of the season to show that they deserve to be re-signed.

Barring any big surprises (such as a serious injury), there will be no more new additions to the squad this season.

Harry Novillo

The club sanctioned Novillo with the maximum penalty available through FFA regulations.

Harry has started training with the squad again.

W-League grand final

The W-League Grand Final at AAMI Park was discussed. FRG members raised that they were very disappointed with the whole trophy presentation as it took place with the back of the stage facing the 4,000 strong crowd. The club acknowledged that they were also very disappointed and had provided relevant feedback to FFA.

Melbourne City’s W-League team

Melbourne City is taking a new and path-breaking approach to W-League squad building. Unlike the commonplace upheaval with W-League teams, Melbourne City will recontract a significant number of most of its W-League squad. And unlike normal W-League recruitment, Melbourne City will re-sign numerous players to long term, multi-year contracts.

Melbourne City memberships

The club has almost 9,400 members.

Starting the week after the FRG meeting, a new membership deal will be announced which will consist of one free game with the purchase of a three game membership.

After some internal club discussion exploring future opportunities for membership categories, it was announced at the meeting that General Admission (GA) memberships will continue next season.

Over the next few weeks more information will be published regarding next season’s memberships.

Prices for membership packs will be the same next season.

Bus to Adelaide

With a bus planned by supporters for Melbourne City’s away match against Adelaide, it was discussed that this travelling group needs to sell a further 16 tickets to make this trip happen. Tickets are $63 dollars return (not including match tickets or accommodation). Any interested individuals should contact the trip organisers.

Cityzens

The club is looking to create a points table on the Cityzens website to inform members of their Cityzens points.

A monthly Cityzens email will be sent to Cityzens soon, that will inform members of what they can claims with their Cityzens points.

It was discussed that users don’t always receive Cityzens points, especially with regards to Youtube, Twitter and Instagram matters. The club will look into these concerns to ensure that users receive all their Cityzens points

City Voice

City Voice will be relaunched soon. It will be much more interactive, and will allow users to express their opinions and emotions more readily, in some ways that are similar to Facebook.

City Square

The growth of City Square has seen it become a pre-game fixture for many. The club can confirm that City Square is here to stay. City Square will start around 5:30pm before the next home match against Sydney FC.

NPL

The NPL teams will play at the La Trobe Lower Playing Fields for the rest of the current NPL season.

The club will try to provide more coverage and media of the NPL teams, but noted the constraints with the club’s media resources to provide more detailed coverage.

Merchandise

Some merchandise specials will be announced towards the back end of the season.

Bigger sizes and long sleeve merchandise were discussed.

The club is interested in supporters designed merchandise competitions, in particular with regards to T-shirts. However, due to concerns over sales such competitions are unlikely for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

Melbourne City’s W-League team

Melbourne City is taking a new and path-breaking approach to W-League squad building. Unlike the commonplace upheaval with W-League teams, Melbourne City will recontract a significant number of most of its W-League squad. And unlike normal W-League recruitment, Melbourne City will re-sign numerous players to long term, multi-year contracts

Interesting and excellent to hear (will be nice to have a settle squad, will help develop the players and a good example for the league.) Also surprising as I was under the impression that w-league regs prevented multi year contracts. Surprising in a good way though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

The club is interested in supporters designed merchandise competitions, in particular with regards to T-shirts. However, due to concerns over sales such competitions are unlikely for the foreseeable future. 

Was the sales problem with merchandise in general or previous supporter designed merchandise? 

7 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

Interesting and excellent to hear (will be nice to have a settle squad, will help develop the players and a good example for the league.) Also surprising as I was under the impression that w-league regs prevented multi year contracts. Surprising in a good way though.

There's ways around it if the contract is worded correctly. The season is shorter than normal and most of the women sign overseas in our off season so they get the proper training all year round. The contracts can make provisions for this, however, the introduction of these contracts will see us retain, predominantly, the same team for seasons to come. Couple that with the new specially designed building for the women's team just across from the CFA building we all know and we have a winning formula.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Can you pass on the message that the promotion this off season has been outstanding. All they probably hear is negative feedback so they deserve to be told. 

Spot on. we dwell on the things we see as problems but forget the positives.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to get this on the agenda again. Does this group still function? The reason I ask because the latest topic put up by the club on "City Voice" is whether the club itself should get involved in "the creation or design of...flags" (and banners) at home matches. I would have thought that this is something that could go though the FRG and/or discussed directly with the Melburnians leadership.

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic