Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

They only care about certain flags...

Just like how they did not want any Ethnic Clubs in the A-League but had no problem with admitting a Dutch Club into the League. 

While I agree about Hollandia being allowed in being a bit of a joke when south can't. 

They did take a French flag off a guy earlier this year and the French wouldn't really fall into the "effnik trouble makers" banner

53 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

maybe we should get some obscure country flags like the Faroe islands, Tuvalu or Andorra. Personally I don't mind Liechenstein or San Marino.

The reality is that the Flags of Regions which want Independence are more Political than those of actual Nations...

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone bring up the topic of club marketing in the next FRG meeting. We aren't being advertised good enough. We aren't targeting any specific demographics at the moment. Our fan numbers are laughable. Yet we have one of the most entertaining, well performing teams in the league. Billboards, commercials, any type of advertisement-- let this fucking state know Novillo, Mooy and Fornaroli exist before they fuck off to a better league.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Can someone bring up the topic of club marketing in the next FRG meeting. We aren't being advertised good enough. We aren't targeting any specific demographics at the moment. Our fan numbers are laughable. Yet we have one of the most entertaining, well performing teams in the league. Billboards, commercials, any type of advertisement-- let this fucking state know Novillo, Mooy and Fornaroli exist before they fuck off to a better league.

Amen.

On 3/8/2016 at 1:26 PM, Dylan said:

Well the FFA rule is no national flags bar australiaAustralia

I know you cant cause i had my Maltese flag confiscated twice when Mifsud played.

On 3/5/2016 at 0:20 AM, Thrillhouse said:

as cheesy as the mascots are, they do a great job for the kids, out early in the pre game and half time hi fiving and having photo's with kids

My kid loves em.

Really though, most mascots are cheesy as hell, but if the kids love em, thats all that matters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just a qualitative observation...but on the train coming in and around the ground I thought that there was a lot more red than in recent matches. Perhaps a few "lost" Heart fans coming back into the fold?

Probably bringing their old jerseys in to take up the $30 deal :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Just a qualitative observation...but on the train coming in and around the ground I thought that there was a lot more red than in recent matches. Perhaps a few "lost" Heart fans coming back into the fold?

Odd, while I haven't been to every game this season, I thought there was less red than earlier in the season.

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

slightly different but i always see families with kids on the tram after a game and there's plenty of junior home kits, I just wonder what the situation would be if the club made away kits for kids too

7 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

slightly different but i always see families with kids on the tram after a game and there's plenty of junior home kits, I just wonder what the situation would be if the club made away kits for kids too

This is why the club won't make red merchandise it would outsell the blue/white gear.

38 minutes ago, Deeming said:

This is why the club won't make red merchandise it would outsell the blue/white gear.

Spot on mate.

I have to be honest though and say that the sky blue has grown on me as well though.

7 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

I'd be happy if they had home kids for kids aged 2 and up first.

Away kits for kids arent gonna happen imo.

18 hours ago, jw1739 said:

True: Many a fan who claimed on here multiple times that they would never support a team not in "Red and White" and indeed some who even boasted this very Season on Social Media about discontinuing their memberships just keep seeming to be seen at games week after week.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic