Melbourne Football

The Frank Lampard thread

Parrot

I'd say after reading that Lampard article he'd be well advised - along with all the other parties to this deception - to shut up and try and put the whole sorry affair behind him.

The more I see the various "explanations" I just see the various people and organisations involved digging a deeper hole for themselves.

Despite being a big fan of the CFG takeover, i do believe this whole loan/transfer/guest/blah blah situation has been handled very badly by them. I hope they can learn from this before they alienate more fans.

In the end however when it comes to Frank Lampard, he is not one of our players - so i couldn't give a toss what happens between him, Man City and NYCFC.

End of story for me.

• Like 1

The problem for CFG with these matters (Villa & Lampard) is that they lose the confidence and trust of the supporters.

A level of transparency & accountability in how you run your business is pretty important really.  Even more so when it is claimed CFG is not necessarily in the game for huge profits, but to give back to football globally.

At the latest FRG meeting, I was at pains to point out with the Villa debacle that regardless of the eventual outcome, the club must honestly communicate with its supporters and that it was a disgrace that there was not one official announcement or release from the club on the matter (still hasn't been anything) other than a tweet from the club of the players having a farewell lunch.  To me, I couldn't care less whether Villa stayed, left or came back, what I was most annoyed with was the complete lack of communication and information.

One can only hope that lessons are being learnt, perhaps some staff involved in these mess ups have or will eventually be shown the door, and that CFG will improve in these areas.

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

http://instagram.com/p/yElo9mnhJl/

Mooy, Karen, Silva and Lampard.

Time to start trolling the NYCFC forum to stir up their disappointment over Lampard. Make his playing there uncomfortable. Have him move on to us. :)

This is probably a great example of showing the opportunities we can give prospective players

I mean who wouldnt want to 'work' in an environment like this?

• Like 3

Mooy, Koren, Silva and Lampard.

Time to start trolling the NYCFC forum to stir up their disappointment over Lampard. Make his playing there uncomfortable. Have him move on to us. :)

You don't need to. They already don't want him to come back.

idiots

I've read a lot of comments on here stating that you guys don't want Villa to come back. I kind of suspect that if he hadn't left early, those opinions wouldn't exist.

Two sides of the same coin?

Different. Villa was a guest, Lampard is a signing.

Yup. Also his guest stint was too short.

Personally I'd take him back but especially if it was for another 6 games (the maximum left over games he is allowed to play) but I would think twice if it was only for ~1-3 games

I don't see the difference.

Lampard is doing a great job of showing that he sees NYC as his secondary club, and is happy to sacrifice the first half of their season for his personal gain. And of course CFG are also more than happy to screw over the smaller of their clubs for the benefit of the bigger.

The Villa situation was the same. Never really looked like he gave a shit or wanted to be here, bailed the first chance he got and again CFG were happy to screw over the smaller club for the bigger one.

You could argue that the CFG are the big bad guys here and the players are merely their pawns, but neither player has at any stage really looked that interested or tried to endear themselves to the supporters of the lower priority clubs.

Lampard being a permanent signing doesn't make him more culpable than Villa, who aside from playing in matches never even pretended to embrace playing for the club or its supporters.

• Like 1

Mooy, Koren, Silva and Lampard.

You don't need to. They already don't want him to come back.

idiots

I've read a lot of comments on here stating that you guys don't want Villa to come back. I kind of suspect that if he hadn't left early, those opinions wouldn't exist.

Two sides of the same coin?

I also think people don't want him back because he was seen as detrimental to the team's balance (JVS being a contributing factor for this by always playing him on the wing) and us improving slightly once he was gone.

It also appeared that Villa was taking it a bit easy to avoid injury (understandably)

Fuck NYC anyways. Wont never support them and already cant stand them.

I now have another excuse to get on board  the Gerrard train down to LA :up:

I won't support them either but thats because I just have zero interest in the MLS full stop. Doesn't matter who they've got running around for them.

Well i had zero interest in it as well, but if i were to say i support someone, it will be LA Galaxy.

I'll at least watch a few games maybe

Either you stay with the team the whole time or you don't.

As much as i would like to see the Lampards of the world running around for us, it just upsets team chemistry/balance too much unless they are staying the whole season.

Selling a couple more memberships is not worth jeprodising the on-field performance.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Either you stay with the team the whole time or you don't.

As much as i would like to see the Lampards of the world running around for us, it just upsets team chemistry/balance too much unless they are staying the whole season.

Selling a couple more memberships is not worth jeprodising the on-field performance.

For what ever you lose in not having a Lampard/Villa type footballer play for a handful of games, you get back from playing title condending footbal consistently

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting those feeder club feels,NYCFCFAN10?

Meh, the whole "feeder club" thing doesn't bother me. Its a natural thing really, David Beckham pulled a similar stunt on the Galaxy years ago and, in my opinion,all EPL clubs are feeder clubs to clubs like Real or Barca. So what's it matter?

It's just the fact that he and Manchester were dishonest about the whole thing. His whole "Melbourne interest" is what he does. He'll say whatever the person in front of him wants to hear.

His age is a concern, too, I don't think its a coincidnce that his impact for Manchester has faded as the season goes on. The travel, physicality and climates in MLS are pretty tough - especially if we qualify for CL. I have deep concerns about his ability to go 90 minutes consistently here.

I want to see NY out in front leading MLS like the Galaxy have been out in LA for years. I don't think we're doing that with guys as old as Lampard or Xavi.

You lost me at all PL clubs are feeder clubs for Real and Barca.

You are worried about Frank Lampard being too weak/unfit/old for MLS?

U avin a laff mate?

9/10 if Barca or Real want a player from ANY EPL club, they get them. Do they not?

I remember last year chatting with Liverpool fans "Oh no way will we sell Suarez, no way." who wants him? Barca? Oh yeah, he's gone. And he was. Same as Bale. And Ronaldo. And many others.

Even if we weren't a part of City, if we had a player ManCity really wanted, what chance would we have at keeping that player? Not much. So why worry about that? I don't.

Also, how many 90 minute games has Lampard played while traveling around tiny little England in the last 365 days? Not many. How will he cope with traveling across 4 timezones, kickoff temperatures at around 90 degrees in the summer and as low as the teens or 20s in the Fall/Spring? Its a league that substitutes physicality for whatever it lacks in talent. He will be 37 when he gets here.

You're damn right I'm worried.

You lost me at all PL clubs are feeder clubs for Real and Barca.

You are worried about Frank Lampard being too weak/unfit/old for MLS?

U avin a laff mate?

9/10 if Barca or Real want a player from ANY EPL club, they get them. Do they not?

I remember last year chatting with Liverpool fans "Oh no way will we sell Suarez, no way." who wants him? Barca? Oh yeah, he's gone. And he was. Same as Bale. And Ronaldo. And many others.

Even if we weren't a part of City, if we had a player ManCity really wanted, what chance would we have at keeping that player? Not much. So why worry about that? I don't.

Also, how many 90 minute games has Lampard played while traveling around tiny little England in the last 365 days? Not many. How will he cope with traveling across 4 timezones, kickoff temperatures at around 90 degrees in the summer and as low as the teens or 20s in the Fall/Spring? Its a league that substitutes physicality for whatever it lacks in talent. He will be 37 when he gets here.

You're damn right I'm worried.

Any player would be dead at 90 degrees and 20 is a very comfortable temperature to play in.

• Like 1