Melbourne Football

Matchday 24: MHFC vs CCM Sunday 23rd March 3pm.

MTP

i agree fuck them always have never been a fan but after tonight and derby week getting photos taken of us and pointed out as where the trouble makers when all we do is spend our money and try and make a good atmosphere, its a joke they'll let liverpool fans in there and sing as loud as they want but when we do where hooligans disgraceful.

• Like 1

got kicked out because some douche from the protest called us unaustralian and said this isnt england when we where having a chant,even though the union jack is in our fucking flag we started from convicts from england and ireland but yet where not australian im as aussie as anyone i hate pricks who think australia is some culture WHERE A FUCKING MULTICULTRAL CITY STOP BEING RACIST PRICKS LIVING UP TO THE NAME AND ACTUALLY DIVERSE YOURSELF AWAY FROM IT ffs so angry.

• Like 3

got kicked out because some douche from the protest called us unaustralian and said this isnt england when we where having a chant,even though the union jack is in our fucking flag we started from convicts from england and ireland but yet where not australian im as aussie as anyone i hate pricks who think australia is some culture WHERE A FUCKING MULTICULTRAL CITY STOP BEING RACIST PRICKS LIVING UP TO THE NAME AND ACTUALLY DIVERSE YOURSELF AWAY FROM IT ffs so angry.

Its not even that for me.

For me, its the fact that the bar staff took the side of the two clowns (who for those wondering, started the trouble) over the people who constantly throw thousands between us over the bar week in week out.

She then threatened us, cut us off and then called the police.

Working in hospitality its a known fact you look after your regulars (unless they've done something outrageous) because their business is a lot more important to you than the next 2 pints those two blokes would of had then fucked off.

Will not be returning.

Edited by MTP
  • Like 3

Lmfao those fuckin protesters bunch of hipster cunts with half shaved heads breathing our air fuckin' left wing nutjobs and butch-ass lesbians with half shaved heads and blue hair fuck off you testosterone-infused humans with a vagina

• Like 1

Was this before the game or after ?

Actually it will be interesting to see what strategy the club takes from now on. If they deem that the chances of Heart making the six are non existent then will they play younger fringe players? After all not only does Heart have to win every match, other teams have to fall the right way and that is not a given. Of course for players requiring a new contract then they really need to come and play. JVS will also have to be on the money with his tactics and subs.

Id say heads will drop, and we will lose or draw, seems like the new owners haven't 'respected' the club and players by waiting till the end of the season before making player decisions, so perhaps the ones who wont be here have been told. This will probably accelerate because we wont make the 6.

Edited by Dylan

Id say heads will drop, and we will lose or draw, seems like the new owners haven't 'respected' the club and players by waiting till the end of the season before making player decisions, so perhaps the ones who wont be here have been told. This will probably accelerate because we wont make the 6.

I don't think that's disrespect at all, considering finals would be a luxury based on the rest of the season

Actually it will be interesting to see what strategy the club takes from now on. If they deem that the chances of Heart making the six are non existent then will they play younger fringe players? After all not only does Heart have to win every match, other teams have to fall the right way and that is not a given. Of course for players requiring a new contract then they really need to come and play. JVS will also have to be on the money with his tactics and subs.

I think that the hands off approach of the new consortium is the correct approach for this season - look and observe, collect data and then act in an informed way.

I don't think that's disrespect at all, considering finals would be a luxury based on the rest of the season

I agree with you, just thought id take a little cheap jab at them since they said there will be no decisions made at the press conference out of respect  :ph34r:

I agree with you, just thought id take a little cheap jab at them since they said there will be no decisions made at the press conference out of respect  :ph34r:

Actually I suspect it has everything to do with the ability of players to find new clubs. After all the player managers will have to hawk them to other A-League clubs or look for overseas options and this takes time. So maybe the younger players that were in the NYL have already been told and they are looking for new clubs as their season is effectively over and to boot they are in an insecure financial position. Other players would already be seeing the writing on the wall and depending on the circumstances (financially and playing wise) be in a state of anxiety.

• Like 1

Dylan, I have to correct you there I'm afraid. Soriano did not say that at all. What he said was that there would be no more major announcements until the end of the current season. Announcements are not the same as decisions.

I would think it unreasonable if the new owners were not already making decisions. If we want to turn this club around for next season we need a committed team (administrative, coaching, playing group) working together as quickly as possible. Other threads indicate that players are being offered contracts for next season, which inevitably means other players are not. That sort of information is impossible to conceal when you have only a small group of 21 players. I would think there are administrative people also in the same boat. In that context I note that Munn and Didulica have been almost invisible since 23rd January.

• Like 1

Out of the kids from the NYL team on the seniors list I think Mauk Garrucio Vranks and Archibald are safe. I think Mitchinson is gone.

Archibald was added to the senior list on the club website a few days ago. I found that odd at this stage of the season.

Out of the kids from the NYL team on the seniors list I think Mauk Garrucio Vranks and Archibald are safe. I think Mitchinson is gone.

Archibald was added to the senior list on the club website a few days ago. I found that odd at this stage of the season.

He has a senior deal for 2014/15, was made the same deal as Mauk, Gooch, etc.

Basically, the 'gun' NYL players are offered a 2 (or more) year deal where they spend one in NYL and a second the following year as a 'youth' senior player, where they are paid under the leagues standard minimum wage (approx. 35-38k) as per the PFA agreement, but outside the cap.

Don't be so sure on Vranks. Yes, Mitchinson is gone, as is Walker...
Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

Vranks Walker and Mitchinson are on full time details not youth deals.

Walker and Mitchinson only have one year deals. Mitchinson has only ever been 17 man so will be gone.

Walker likely to be released too. If Vranks only has one year deal he will go too. None appear rated by JVS

Considering none of these guys were rated by JVS or the JA and HF coaching team you would have to think like about 40% of the youngsters signed in the A League that they may only go to be good NPL players.

Probably Vranks has the best chance of a second chance IMO (I would suggest near family in NSW) because CB's of course take a lot more time to mature than most other positions.

Not true that JA didn't rate them. He gave Walker close to 20 appearances. Vranks had more time on bench because of where he played whilst even Mitchinson had 9 games which would probably have been more if he hadn't got injured half way through.

Walker and Mitchinson were both on youth team contracts at the time and JA signed them on professional deals.

I know this is kinds straying from the thread, but what do people know about our youth team? Seems that only Archibald and O'Dea have made call ups to the senior list, any others worth bringing up?

True that Archibald and O'Dea are the only NYL players that have been called up to match day squads under JVS.

However, Retre, Dao, Schroen, Petreski, O'Dea, Archibald, Stevanja are all training with the senior team until the end of the season, and they have been training with the senior team since the end of the NYL season a while ago. There's a lot of potential in that group IMO.

Not true that JA didn't rate them. He gave Walker close to 20 appearances. Vranks had more time on bench because of where he played whilst even Mitchinson had 9 games which would probably have been more if he hadn't got injured half way through.

Walker and Mitchinson were both on youth team contracts at the time and JA signed them on professional deals.

But the majority of those 16 appearances (by my count) that Walker got under JA were given to Walker when Marrone was sold last season and there was no other realistic option for RB (Walker got 13 appearances last season).

Thankfully JA did sign Walker on a pro deal, even though it was only a 1 year contract (and almost certainly only on minimum wage). But there are precious few good Australian fullbacks out there (and Heart weren't keen on chasing any), so that's why Ramsay was initially signed to play LB and that why Walker got his pro contract. 

Whilst this season, because Hoffman trained in RB for several weeks during pre-season, Aloisi opted for the 25 year old striker-turned-midfielder-turned-rightback  over Walker. So pretty much the moment he could not play Walker, he didn't. As for this season, Walker has only made 3 appearances, and he only received those appearances because Hoffman was injured. He was thrown in the deep end and got his first appearance this season away to Brisbane (whilst the whole team was under-performing as Aloisi's win-less streak rolled on), and then only played in the WSW match after and the Sydney match after that until Hoffman was fit again.

So I don't know how it can be said that JA 'rated' Walker.

If he did not rate him then how can you explain the playing of The Hoff in front of Walker for 12 winless games in row?

Only JA can explain that. Too many on here post as if they are itk.

JA signed signed Walker so must have rated him. His contract was not the minimum. Storm Roux (CCM) was available at the time and offered to Heart.

Only ever posted facts on here but you all would rather believe the bulls*** posted perhaps I shouldn't bother.