Melbourne Football

Matchday 24: MHFC vs CCM Sunday 23rd March 3pm.

MTP

Only JA can explain that. Too many on here post as if they are itk.

JA signed signed Walker so must have rated him. His contract was not the minimum. Storm Roux (CCM) was available at the time and offered to Heart.

Only ever posted facts on here but you all would rather believe the bulls*** posted perhaps I shouldn't bother.

As far as I know, it wasn't reported that Roux was offered to Heart, so that's new information if it's true that Roux was offered to Heart, which does make the idea that Aloisi rated Walker more compelling.

It could well be the case that Aloisi thought well of Walker, but he thought even better of Hoffman.

It's my opinion nonetheless that Aloisi didn't think too much of Walker, going off what I said above, and Aloisi not swapping Hoffman for Walker (unless forced) when Aloisi went 12 games win-less this season.

Reasonable people can agree to disagree. Also, I'd say that I personally find the reasonable discussions with disagreements on this forum more interesting than discussions where there isn't varying opinions. I reckon it's best not to see differing opinions as a bad thing, and I hope you continue to post.

If he did not rate him then how can you explain the playing of The Hoff in front of Walker for 12 winless games in row?

"If we win we win, if we lose we lose"

That was Williams who said that and he was a regular and an underperfomer under JA.

My take is that JA rated the Young players potential but didnt think they were good enough yet.

If he did not rate him then how can you explain the playing of The Hoff in front of Walker for 12 winless games in row?

"If we win we win, if we lose we lose"

That was Williams who said that and he was a regular and an underperfomer under JA.

My take is that JA rated the Young players potential but didnt think they were good enough yet.

Yes Williams said it but the problem is that it's been the unofficial but very real and pervasive club ethos. This is what CFG need to really focus on and make the club hungry for success.

• Like 1

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Melbourne Heart v Central Coast Mariners

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-off: 3:00pm local (3:00pm AEDT)

Referee: Hiroyuki Kimura (JPN)

Assistant Referee 1: Luke Brennan

Assistant Referee 2: George Lakrindis

Fourth Official: Shaun Evans

TV broadcast: 2.30pm (AEDT) Live coverage on FOX Sports 3HD and on Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand).

Radio Broadcast: 774 ABC Melbourne, ABC Local radio Victoria, 92.5 ABC Central Coast. Grandstand Digital Melbourne. Online/Mobile phone app

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag - #MHTvCCM

To purchase tickets visit www.aleague.com.au/tickets

Melbourne Heart FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 4.Orlando ENGELAAR, 6.Patrick GERHARDT, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Harry KEWELL ©, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Aziz BEHICH, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.David VRANKOVIC, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK, 22.Nicholas KALMAR, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO.

***Two to be omitted***

Ins: 16. Aziz BEHICH (promoted), 18.David VRANKOVIC (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Aziz to start?

Edited by kingofhearts

What's with the Japanese referee?

The FFA have a referee exchange program with Japan. The Japanese have experienced Ben Williams and someone else (can't remember who). You gotta feel for the Japanese teams.

Great opportunity to play a game with a decent ref, probably for the first time in our existence

• Like 2

The FFA have a referee exchange program with Japan. The Japanese have experienced Ben Williams and someone else (can't remember who). You gotta feel for the Japanese teams.

Great opportunity to play a game with a decent ref, probably for the first time in our existence

I thought the ref we just had for the wellington game was fantastic.

• Like 2

Ramsay copped his 5th yellow on Sunday, his not suspended???

No, there's some adjustment after the 21st round but I can't recall what it is offhand.

I've found it - goes up to 8 yellows for the entire season.

See http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00001517-source.pdf

Edited by jw1739

The FFA have a referee exchange program with Japan. The Japanese have experienced Ben Williams and someone else (can't remember who). You gotta feel for the Japanese teams. Great opportunity to play a game with a decent ref, probably for the first time in our existence

I thought the ref we just had for the wellington game was fantastic.

Ben Williams is the worst of the worst. He's the guy who red carded Sibon in his last game

IMO

Redmayne

Hoffman - Wielart - Kisnorbo - Behich

Murdocca - Germano - Engelaar

Williams - Kewell - Garruccio

Mauk to come off the bench at some point and no Kalmar at any point.

No to Williams, would prefer mate to him if I had to pick between the two.

Why no to Kalmar? I admit i'm not a massive fan but his last couple of games i reckon he's been quite solid.

No news from the fragments of Earl Grey this week?  Have they changed the brew at Epping??

I would like to see:

Redmayne

Hoffman - Wielart - Kisnorbo - Behich

Murdocca -      - Germano

Kewell

Duga  -   Williams - Garruccio

Bench:

Engelaar (this assumes he hasn't "come good" at training, if he has, bring him in for Germano)

Mauk

Archibald

Ramsay

• Like 1

What's the reasoning behind the earlier than usual kick-off time, anyone know?

There normally is 2 games on sunday and the other one is in perth so id say time differences etc

According to the HAL web-site the second match is in (Western) Sydney, starting at 5.00 p.m.

It will be interesting to see what sort of a crowd we get. CCM are never a strong drawcard. IMO 3.00 p.m. is worth trying - 5.00 p.m. is the "graveyard shift" for me - neither afternoon or evening.

There normally is 2 games on sunday and the other one is in perth so id say time differences etc

According to the HAL web-site the second match is in (Western) Sydney, starting at 5.00 p.m.

It will be interesting to see what sort of a crowd we get. CCM are never a strong drawcard. IMO 3.00 p.m. is worth trying - 5.00 p.m. is the "graveyard shift" for me - neither afternoon or evening.

3pm certainly makes it easier for me to attend, can't complain whatsoever.

My guess is that if Garuccio starts at LB again, it's because Behich is going back to Turkey, and Heart are testing the only realistic possibility the club has to play LB for next season.

Even though Garuccio didn't have a good game there last round, there's a decent argument that it was worth testing him as LB, for the sake of next season. There's also an argument for not playing any players that won't be apart of the squad next season (like Behich, it seems). If Heart can sort out any quandaries or question-marks over the squad for next season, without seriously jeopardising chances for success in what remains of this season, they should do it IMO. And I think that's been the case with playing Garuccio at LB (especially since Behich's form has dipped somewhat).

I ultimately think Garuccio is a winger and he shouldn't be played at LB, but given that he did well there in the derby, it's been a worthwhile experiment to play him there IMO (if only because it proves that he shouldn't be the first choice LB, which is useful to know).

Yes, they couldn't do it last week during the Grand Prix

For me, it comes down to two things;

(1) last week there was a lead into an ACL week so all ACL relative teams (the retards, WSW and CCM) played the Saturday.  since the FFA are actually powerless to predict the location of home and away games come the ACL, the best the FFA can do is make sure that they play any relative A League team is on the Saturday so that those that get given an away game have the best chance to fly out on a Sunday.

(2) Fox Sports have their broadcast contract dictate that they have a 5 pm AEST / AEDT kickoff time slot so they can run their program (can't remember the name) at 7 pm AEST / AEDT as a wrap up to the weekend.  As was pointed out, normally there are two Sunday games (after all, ACL will impact a max of 6 out of 27 rounds a season). Hence, Fox can advertise a program to a very select and already engaged audience through an afternoon of footy.

bitch and moan all you want, they put $40 million into the game each year.  they are entitled to there say.

That said;

(1) It doesn't take 13 monkeys around the clock to figure what the fuck is happening on the Australian sporting scene (and more to Bela's point).  sadly, the muppets at the FFA are Sydney centric.  

by all means, footy in this country has to treat itself as if it is the biggest mofo out there - if we don't then who will?

that said, there are some things you just don't mess with (ie AFL Grand Final, NRL Grand Final, F1 GP, ANZAC day games in other codes).  some are just an uphill battle (no pun intended).  you'd think some would show some forward planning, particularly since we are talking about a fucking season draw  :rolleyes:

Edited by mattyh001

Finding it difficult to believe that Heart can make the finals given the Jets win last night. As I write we are playing for 12 points and are 8 points behind them, and 9 points behind CCM. For Heart to make the finals both the Jets and CCM would have to lose the majority of their forthcoming matches. The Jets play PG in Perth, then Victory and Adelaide at home. the clubs fate is in CCM's and Jets' hands. Of course Heart will have to win over CCM, Roar, AU, and WSW.