Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne heart 5:30pm Saturday 8th March

kingofhearts

I think we can take Adelaide in Adelaide and WSW don't concern me that much either. I think this and the Brisbane game are the two tough matches. They have been pretty bad at home this year though and I suspect that since Clayton has taken over we are more of a chance.

I think it was appealed and revoked

I didn't think you could appeal yellow cards; only straight reds!?!

This IS the most important game of our season I reckon! If we win this game, we'll make finals!

Then at least one of my bets on Heart from the start of the season will come through...let's not mention the Mifspud for golden boot bet ever again, shall we? haha

• Like 1

Only way I can think of a yellow card being revoked is if it was given to the wrong player, even then I'm surprised

IMO "mistaken identity" used to be (c. 2009) the only way a yellow could be revoked. I've looked without success for reference to review of yellow cards in the 2013 FFA Disciplinary Rules, but perhaps I missed something. Does anyone know whether there is a 2014 version of these rules for the A-League?

Edited by jw1739

Remember in JVS' first coaching spell we won lots of away games and had trouble winning at home. We did lose a string of consecutive games at the end of season 2 but we travelled much better away from home. Despite that we never won at Newcastle, this time we just might though.

I said a few weeks ago I'd back us to beat anyone in this league barring Brisbane.

After the win last week I'd adjust that to say that I'd back us to beat anyone in this league barring Brisbane at their joint. We've had issues with our travels in the past but with the football we're playing and the confidence the boys are displaying we should be aiming for no less than 3 points this weekend

• Like 2

We have a tough draw to finish the season with Adelaide and Brisbane away and it's imperative that we beat the teams around us like Newcastle ccm and Wellington. Still feel like our finals will depend on other results unless we win every game which I can't see happening. Tbh I wouldn't be dissopointed if we didn't make finals as we will have a huge off season and other seasons to come and it has been a huge effort just to get into contention for finals

Edited by Dylan

We have a tough draw to finish the season with Adelaide and Brisbane away and it's imperative that we beat the teams around us like Newcastle ccm and Wellington. Still feel like our finals will depend on other results unless we win every game which I can't see happening. Tbh I wouldn't be dissopointed if we didn't make finals as we will have a huge off season and other seasons to come and it has been a huge effort just to get into contention for finals

There still is a legitimate chance that we could host a final our goal difference now is quite acceptable and now only 6 points off 3 and 4th who both have ACL matches to come. Though a loss to the Jest and our finals chances will start to look doubtful.

I agree

if we don't make the finals so be it, but we are building momentum for seasons to follow

I think a finals appearance for the Heart is not only possible, but likely. We're only 4 points from the top 6 and the fact that we still have to play Newcastle, Wellington and CCM means that a finals place is more or less in our hands. 

The last three games will be very tough though so long may our winning streak continue. 

But yeah I do also agree that this season has provided us with a lot of optimism for next season regardless as to whether we make the finals or not. 

I think a finals appearance for the Heart is not only possible, but likely. We're only 4 points from the top 6 and the fact that we still have to play Newcastle, Wellington and CCM means that a finals place is more or less in our hands. 

The last three games will be very tough though so long may our winning streak continue. 

But yeah I do also agree that this season has provided us with a lot of optimism for next season regardless as to whether we make the finals or not. 

PPL said the same on here last year...

Are you saying all things are fair and equal to last year? I could rattle off at least 5 major differences between now and last year.

Are you saying all things are fair and equal to last year? I could rattle off at least 5 major differences between now and last year.

All I am saying is this time last season we were closer points wise than we are now and some Posters on here were straight out saying that we would make the finals.

I just really dislike PPL jinxing things... its comes with my cultural background.

I think there are two sentiments developing here.

Firstly our resurrection has been a great achievement in itself and that it goings to provide the foundations of greater success next season and beyond.

Or secondly which I believe we are embarking on ride that may well see us playing in May. Alot has to happen before then.

The tryly remarkable thing JVS has done is that he has given the players the ability to express themselves. Two great examples were from Saturday's game. Garuccio and Kalmar performance. I wouldn't have seen that possible weeks ago.

All whats left is for Misfud to come back from his woeful first showing and produce what he knows he can.

It wouldn't be curtains for the season if we failed to pick up three points here (a win to the Jets would make things very tough though), but it would be a massive vibe-killer. I think a win is as important to keep the momentum that we have now, as much as anything else.