Melbourne Football

Boycott the Nix game if JA is still in charge!!

AntiScum

I'll be turning up, for loyalty to the shirt. Once you give that away you've given everything away.

But yes, it's very difficult to know what to do as a supporter group. I doubt whether anyone who's written to the club or to Munn/Sidwell has had a reply, and I doubt that they'll ever get one. Didulica has disappeared; Munn almost so. The club PR continues on as if really nothing has happened and we're jogging along in mid-table somewhere. There are the continual exhortations to "get behind the red and white", and the weekly "new initiative" on tap water, hashtags, or similar. The Special Minister of State, Clint Bolton, (wonder what special projects he's actually working on?) produces the weekly Pulse (he stole that name from our fanzine); I guess it's produced to prove that the club actually has one.

All in all it's like trying to have a conversation with someone who's daydreaming and looking the other way out of the window, not hearing a word you're saying.

Exactly my point when SM came out and said this the other day i totally lost faith in the morons at the club .......

"Munn defended Aloisi. "John is the ultimate professional and Bozza is paid to give an opinion, one that is not necessarily an educated one. But that's fine," Munn said. "Fox Sports is good for the game, but Bozza probably lost a bit of respect from some people after last night's silly statement."

Everyone outside the club can see theres a problem bar the morons running it. How the hell does Bozza lose respect for stating the obvious? That takes laughing stock to a whole new level

What else is Munn going to say?   He has to be seen to be defending his coach,  at least until the moment he knifes him in the back.

The franchise owners (the Board) are owners of the license but are only custodians of the club. 'The club' is an intangible that belongs to all of us, we need to support our club (the club is us) but remind the custodians that they have lets us all down badly

They lied to us.

They said they would develop young players; Can you name just one player who has developed under John Aloisi?

They said they would play the beautiful passing game;  Instead I see a long ball over the top game,

Even Ernie Merrick and Kevin Muscat coach teams that play better football than us. 

Will be there. Have to stick with the club through thick and thin. Sure we are going through the worst period on record, but the only way out of this problem is to stick together, work hard and support each other, particularly the players. Boycotting the game will only make belittle the club, something we can very well do without at this point of time.Be there to support the Red & Whites.

• Like 1

The Boycott is a form of protest, against the shit we have seen from our club under JA.. Nothing more! For those of us not attending it's our way of saying to the club "we are not going to accept this anymore"

It's not about loyalty... I have support this club ever since the licence was granted.. and will continue to do so

The way I see it "if we do Nothing then we are Nothing".

• Like 1

The Boycott is a form of protest, against the shit we have seen from our club under JA.. Nothing more! For those of us not attending it's our way of saying to the club "we are not going to accept this anymore"

It's not about loyalty... I have support this club ever since the licence was granted.. and will continue to do so

The way I see it "if we do Nothing then we are Nothing".

someone with common sense ..... my hat goes off to you son!! 

Paid up members have voice and if no one listens you resort to being heard (silence is golden)   :wub:

Edited by AntiScum

All we have control over here is the message we deliver. We have no control or influence over the franchise owners, little influence over the media, little influence over the players. The problem with a boycott is that it does deliver a strong message but its an ambiguous message that, in your absence, is open to misinterpretation or misrepresentation. Who is the message for? If you want the franchise to get the message then write to the Board, if we want to give a message to the wider football community or the players then we have to be at the game and give a clear unambiguous message

• Like 4

Perhaps not a popular idea, but if we were to chant 'Aloisi Out' nonstop (And I mean nonstop, no other songs at all) until they sacked him (be that one game or 5) that might force them to take action.

I'm not into boycotting though, as many have pointed out, I don't think empty seats helps our cause at all.

• Like 1

If the board hasn't taken action so far I can't really see them taking action from anything the fans do. They have their own reasons for keeping JA. Either they are getting bj's from him or they don't want to sack him due to money, they will make the decision on their own terms. I'm not one that just sits around taking it, but I really think it's out of our hands unfortunately. :( Just have to hope they are selling and someone else can come in. 
I know everyone wants to protest in their own way and I'm not saying don't. I just don't think it will do anything :(
Put it this way, if we lose this week and he doesn't get the sack then I don't think he will until someone else buys the club.

• Like 1

Perhaps not a popular idea, but if we were to chant 'Aloisi Out' nonstop (And I mean nonstop, no other songs at all) until they sacked him (be that one game or 5) that might force them to take action.

I'm not into boycotting though, as many have pointed out, I don't think empty seats helps our cause at all.

The traditional way of showing disapproval was the slow handclap. That's probably less exhausting than continuous chanting.

This is a horrible situation. So many people who genuinely care for the club actually feeling guilty when they start hoping we will win and then having to tell themselves that we are better off losing for the greater good. 

It's a feeling a bit like what supporters of shit AFL sides went through when they were hoping their side wouldn't win more than 5 games and become ineligible for the priority pick, except worse because at least those supporters could hope for respectable losses. Us Heart supporters don't even have the option of looking at the positives of all the young guys coming through and the high draft picks we get for being shit.

What a horrible time to support the club, and an almost impossible time to recruit more supporters.  

• Like 1

It is a good time to be supporting the Heart. Things can not get any lower and there is only light at the end of the tunnel. The current administration will either have to pick up it's game or move out. The current coaches/players will not continue if results do not improve. Crowds will go up when we start winning.

I still support the club and have seen all this before. Things will get better. Keep your chin up.

Edit: And yes, I feel as ripped off as the next person for the past two seasons and no, the situation at the moment is not acceptable.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

Only thing I can see myself Boycotting is this thread ....

Far to many Victory fans on here pretending to be Heart fans and talking Bollox 

Wishing the opposition would win , Cheering when the opposition score = Pathetic 

Do you think the board give a shit if we win or lose? The club has been for sale for 2+ years and when they get an off that they cant refuse (play off all bidders against each other) its seeya later heart good luck with your new owners! Theyve turned the club into the laughing stock of the comp and in my opinion the only way either make them sell NOW or sack the coach and turn things around is to hit the lying bastards in the hip pocket!! Ive been Red since day one but enough is enough!!

Edited by AntiScum

Just need to point out that the people that own the club are so well off that the club itself is almost a hobby on the side. Things like paying out aloisis contract is chump change for them, so if you think money has anything to do with it you would be wrong. And antiscum regarding your comment trust me you would be hurting the image of the club and the game in this country far far far more than the hip pocket of the board.

If they want to fuck about with the club, we should fuck about with the FFA Spectator code of conduct - pyro protest and pitch invasion anyone?

None of this boycott rubbish...

On a more serious note, boycotting the match will damage the image further which may be seen as a good thing because there may be a chance that it'll open the clubs eyes up to really how shit things have become although I don't want the mongs and other aleague teams to have even more ammunition against us when it comes to crowd figures.

Edited by CALZALOL

The fact that this topic was even made is just stupid.

You don't see melbourne demon fans talking about boycotting games coz there shit.

A silent protest was enough a few weeks back, stick with ya club go though these shit times and we'll be okay.

As soon as you start not rocking up your just helping the club turn out like Gold Coast united.

Grow some fucking "heart" rock up sing chant takes ya tops off do what ever the fuck you hooligans do and watch our first win of the season.

Yeah alright JA needs to fuck off but the players need to take 50% of the blame at least.

Once you Boycott your just a full time glory seeker.

Stick with ya club otherwise go and don't come back!

Merry Christmas mother fuckers.

• Like 1

The fact that this topic was even made is just stupid.

You don't see melbourne demon fans talking about boycotting games coz there shit.

A silent protest was enough a few weeks back, stick with ya club go though these shit times and we'll be okay.

As soon as you start not rocking up your just helping the club turn out like Gold Coast united.

Grow some fucking "heart" rock up sing chant takes ya tops off do what ever the fuck you hooligans do and watch our first win of the season.

Yeah alright JA needs to fuck off but the players need to take 50% of the blame at least.

Once you Boycott your just a full time glory seeker.

Stick with ya club otherwise go and don't come back!

Merry Christmas mother fuckers.

I said boycott A game not the season!! If your happy to put up with shit so be it but i aint, I aint chasing any glory Ive been involved in sporting clubs since i could walk and if our owners are happy to be deceitful that is there choice but its the fans that make the club and any form of a clear and loud message would be a last resort! I have said time and time again to make our club a laughing stock is a joke. Either show ambition or FU*K RIGHT OFF and sell it to someone who will! 

Most muppets out there believe everything they hear and reading some of the dribble on here is nothing short of sickening!

Edited by AntiScum