Melbourne Football

Boycott the Nix game if JA is still in charge!!

AntiScum

This will be my first game I'm not going to and I don't think ill be the first... Every year we go up to the beach and drive down for the Heart and the Tards game for the mrs, but not happening this year I'd rather have a few quiet ones at the Rye hotel and watch it on a couch. (This weeks crowd will be enough for the board to relies things are going down hill)

This will be my first game I'm not going to and I don't think ill be the first... Every year we go up to the beach and drive down for the Heart and the Tards game for the mrs, but not happening this year I'd rather have a few quiet ones at the Rye hotel and watch it on a couch. (This weeks crowd will be enough for the board to relies things are going down hill)

What about a forum boycott instead?

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 3

it wasn't a personal attack on you jw it was a statement!

I understand you have bought a season ticket but there are plenty out there who have not and without there support its the owners who foot the bill

Mate, I understand everyone's feelings on this. The despondency amongst the members around us at the derby was palpable. None of the usual banter and handshakes etc. A lot of people are hurting in their own way.

I won't be there as we're going away for a few days. I don't like missing home games, but it won't worry me as much as it would in previous years. I think we've just got to enjoy ourselves in the terrace make as much as we can. We got our message across with the silent protest and it's not our fault if the board has its collective heads buried in the sand.

• Like 1

Why would you boycott a game we will win?  Phoenix are nothing without Paul Ifill, and he collapsed in today's game with a possible season ending injury.  The nix are the worst team in the A-league.  

After what we have gone through this season, I am definitely going Friday to watch us have our first win for the season. You should all show up to support our boys. 

Why would you boycott a game we will win?  Phoenix are nothing without Paul Ifill, and he collapsed in today's game with a possible season ending injury.  The nix are the worst team in the A-league.  

After what we have gone through this season, I am definitely going Friday to watch us have our first win for the season. You should all show up to support our boys. 

We will not win

• Like 2

They are not the worst team in the league as they are not last, they are not the ones with zero wins to their name and they are not the ones with a coach who doesn't know what he is doing. We will lose this game just how we lost the Sydney home game

• Like 1

That would be factually incorrect as we are bottom of the ladder and that team is generally the worst. Sad, but true.

Phoenix just beat a fairly ordinary Sydney side (albeit in Wellington). We gifted 4 goals and lost both games to said team.

As I mentioned in another topic, I'm against boycotting the game as we will have another record; lowest attendance ever for an A-league game. I'm in for a silent protest.

I don't really see the point in another silent protest as we tried it and tbh it didn't work cause JA is still is charge, if we do another one I will support it but then we are just being like the team in trying the same thing and expecting different results.

The games over the xmas period are ones I've always attended and tried to bring along as many extras as possible. This year I have zero motivation to even bother trying to organize a trip down given the likely performance and result. At least if I watch it on TV I don't have to sit on a train for 4 hours to get my disappointment fix.

• Like 1

I'm out.. Plus 3 we will not attend.. I love this club and I have given my hard earned year in year out and I will continue to do so however the club leaves me no choice.

For those that are not attending, I know it's hard but the decision is yours and you should protest however you see fit. For those doing the silent protest I hope you feel they Yarraside with banners of Aloise and Munn out..

Good luck boys vs the Nix ..I will be cheering for you on my sofa at home.

JA mentioned the silent protest in the presser. So the club and coach are aware of it at least. How will boycotting the game make a difference. Like JA would give two faqs. He wouldn't care if there are 4 people in the stand he will continue to say that he is the right man for the job.

So JA and the club are aware but just wont do anything about it? So basically by showing up your saying its acceptable and who really cares well continue to put up with 16 straight losses and a whole lot of bullshit excuses fed to the media by JA himself.

Love the attitude the club has towards its members and fans .....

Perth had a problem with its coach it was seeya later before it got out of hand ....

It is a results orientated sport the results arnt there its time to go!! 

• Like 1

If any banners are being made I think it should be directed to JA and Scott Munn..

I spoke to SM at the Heart Family day, and he was so confident of the Heart playing finals this season and the club had recruited players so the heart would be a top 4 side. He continues to allow this shit to continue, I feel cheated due to the whole "Believe" campaign and apart from a letter he has done nothing. I also feel he had a lot of influence over the JA appointment so he should not and must not escape the firing line..

Scott Munn OUT!!!! You no nothing about football

• Like 1

The banners should target the board instead of JA this week. At the end of the day this is all their fault.

They dont care about banners your still there you buy a drink something to eat (for all i know they sit back and laugh at the banners) at the end of the day you either dont go and stop putting up with bullshit or you go and feed their appetite and accept everything is ok and acceptable.

Just had a quick flick through this topic... Not only is the title very demanding... But there has only been one post from a core member and it has NOT stated that a boycott will take place.

From all reports, positive changes are taking place at the club and should cause a domino effect to management and players.

Do not take action for the sake of taking action. If it deemed appropriate that some sort of action be taken, then a decision will be made and everyone will hear about it.

The nix game is arguably the easiest of the season and more than likely we will win. Don't miss out on it unless instructed.

• Like 2