Melbourne Football

Boycott the Nix game if JA is still in charge!!

AntiScum

So we will be live on air but will be embarrassed due to a shocking crowd because many will boycott. I for one will never disown this club regardless who coaches it. I will rock up by myself to this game if I have to. The rest of you who chose to boycott the game can watch it on tv. My 2 cents is over.

Edited by Tony999

I think it's better to attend the game and actively criticise the club. Get messages across in clear and unambiguous ways like what was done after the match against Sydney at AAMI.

But this time I think it's important that messages are expressed to the club before, during and after the match. Heart could manage to get their first win on Friday (they still could easily lose, but this is arguably our easiest game to win), so to make sure that people don't get cold feet in expressing opinions like 'Aloisi out', messages such as that should be made before the game is over IMO.

I reckon I'll give Aloisi some free career advice, like I did at the Sydney match.

I can't at all blame people who don't want to turn up to this match, though. I just question whether it's the most effective way for supporters to get messages across to the club.

• Like 1

I think boycotting games won't solve any issues that we're in at the moment. Yes we are playing shit, yes we want Aloisi sacked and yes we're not happy with the players efforts and decisions. But I believe we still have to go and suppot the boys no matter what the situation even if we know there a pack of shit c****. You don't see teams battling for relegation abandoning there team because their in a bad position. Stick by your team in the hard times and show your support and voice your concern as well.

• Like 1

Ok. Here you go...

Design:

- Very basic, lacks artistic creativity.

- The shadows imply you want some depth, but their use isn't consistent. What does this design stand for?

- Logos on grey then on green. I'm lost, I can't see the detail at all.

Font:

- Yeah, I get memes are popular, but do you have to use Impact for everything? Try something a bit different, like Futura. Sure, WSW use it too, but they've got it right.

- Black font on a green background? Hmm...

- I'm glad you didn't get "your" and "you're" mixed up.

Concept:

- Laughable. To suggest the club is close to death is insulting to the rest of the fan base. Are you a closet Hellas and/or MV fan? They're the only ones actively agitating for us to fold.

- Off the field we're in a fairly decent shape, major sponsor has signed on again, our deal with AAMI Park has been extended and the club is *generally* listening to the members...aside from the Aloisi issue.

Overall you get a D+ and you're lucky I don't ask you to resubmit.

Also,

- I think the tombstones should be wider - that way the logo's of the other teams are more visible

- You should put RIP above the logo on the other three tombstones

- Have some dirt in front of the tombstones to show they've been semi-recently dug...maybe NZK should be greener and GCU should be browner (in order of death).

- I agree with the head should look more like Sidwell and

- maybe instead of the digger only just starting his Melbourne Heart hole, he should have already dug out a couple of shovels-worth.

Ando - I don't think he's saying that the club is about to die or fold; this message is saying that unless you start making some changes this could be your fate, i.e. if you continue down this dangerous path you will dig your own grave and end up like the others...

I think boycotting games won't solve any issues that we're in at the moment. Yes we are playing shit, yes we want Aloisi sacked and yes we're not happy with the players efforts and decisions. But I believe we still have to go and suppot the boys no matter what the situation even if we know there a pack of shit c****. You don't see teams battling for relegation abandoning there team because their in a bad position. Stick by your team in the hard times and show your support and voice your concern as well.

I almost wish we did have relegation in the A-League, maybe then we'd actually see some action from our board, coaching staff and players.

And I agree, I'm not a fan of boycotting at all. Go to the game and say what you have to say.

Boycotting the game has much deeper implications than just the immediate message to the board, which may or may not be received. Imagine the message it sends to other supporters of the aleague, particularly those karnts at victory, and what about the public view on a boycott....for it to be successful the message needs to be crystal clear as to why there are less people at the game. If not the media will eat that shit up. If couldn't think of anything worse though than being a supporter group that gives up on the club. That's cannot be us, I won't be a part of that shit. I question whether some of you know what it really means to support a team.

Boycotting the game has much deeper implications than just the immediate message to the board, which may or may not be received. Imagine the message it sends to other supporters of the aleague, particularly those karnts at victory, and what about the public view on a boycott....for it to be successful the message needs to be crystal clear as to why there are less people at the game. If not the media will eat that shit up. If couldn't think of anything worse though than being a supporter group that gives up on the club. That's cannot be us, I won't be a part of that shit. I question whether some of you know what it really means to support a team.

You have a fair argument niko but one thing you should remember is its the fans who make a club. When you look at the JA thread and you see those pathetic stats and on the verge of being THE WORST club in A-League history then you often resort to drastic measures to get a point across. The way i see it is its the blind leading the blind at Heart and people need to be held accountable (which no one is being held accountable) Constant support to a manager who has completely lost the plot, lie after lie from the board ZERO ambition ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Edited by AntiScum

Abandoning the game would not only make the club look pathetic in public eye but worse, it would feed the media just the material they love to bring our code down.

They will say fold this aboration as even fans don't want to show up to see them any more.

You can already see the headlines

"Melbourne, home of AFL"

"Nobody cares about soccer here"

"2 teams too much for Melbourne"

Etc

No! Show up and let them know we deserve team that performs on field

No. I'm not boycotting it.

I will be there singing as always.

New owners, new management, new year, new heart!

• Like 2

I'll be turning up, for loyalty to the shirt. Once you give that away you've given everything away.

But yes, it's very difficult to know what to do as a supporter group. I doubt whether anyone who's written to the club or to Munn/Sidwell has had a reply, and I doubt that they'll ever get one. Didulica has disappeared; Munn almost so. The club PR continues on as if really nothing has happened and we're jogging along in mid-table somewhere. There are the continual exhortations to "get behind the red and white", and the weekly "new initiative" on tap water, hashtags, or similar. The Special Minister of State, Clint Bolton, (wonder what special projects he's actually working on?) produces the weekly Pulse (he stole that name from our fanzine); I guess it's produced to prove that the club actually has one.

All in all it's like trying to have a conversation with someone who's daydreaming and looking the other way out of the window, not hearing a word you're saying.

• Like 4

I'll be turning up, for loyalty to the shirt. Once you give that away you've given everything away.

But yes, it's very difficult to know what to do as a supporter group. I doubt whether anyone who's written to the club or to Munn/Sidwell has had a reply, and I doubt that they'll ever get one. Didulica has disappeared; Munn almost so. The club PR continues on as if really nothing has happened and we're jogging along in mid-table somewhere. There are the continual exhortations to "get behind the red and white", and the weekly "new initiative" on tap water, hashtags, or similar. The Special Minister of State, Clint Bolton, (wonder what special projects he's actually working on?) produces the weekly Pulse (he stole that name from our fanzine); I guess it's produced to prove that the club actually has one.

All in all it's like trying to have a conversation with someone who's daydreaming and looking the other way out of the window, not hearing a word you're saying.

Exactly my point when SM came out and said this the other day i totally lost faith in the morons at the club .......

"Munn defended Aloisi. "John is the ultimate professional and Bozza is paid to give an opinion, one that is not necessarily an educated one. But that's fine," Munn said. "Fox Sports is good for the game, but Bozza probably lost a bit of respect from some people after last night's silly statement."

Everyone outside the club can see theres a problem bar the morons running it. How the hell does Bozza lose respect for stating the obvious? That takes laughing stock to a whole new level

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 3

The role of the Board is governance. The club stated publicly that possession football and youth development would be cornerstones of the club, we aren't doing either, the Board should be asking questions of the CEO and the football department

Yes bela quite right, but they seem to have taken a holiday and not come back and now the lunatics are running the asylum. They need to either resume control of the club or get their sorry arses out of there.

As a membership I'm not sure what we can do - everything people have done so far has fallen on deaf ears. A membership buy out is something that's come to mind, but A League clubs are hungry beasts and deep pockets might be needed before we're done.

You have a fair argument niko but one thing you should remember is its the fans who make a club. When you look at the JA thread and you see those pathetic stats and on the verge of being THE WORST club in A-League history then you often resort to drastic measures to get a point across. The way i see it is its the blind leading the blind at Heart and people need to be held accountable (which no one is being held accountable) Constant support to a manager who has completely lost the plot, lie after lie from the board ZERO ambition ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I totally agree, even in this commercial business that is football today, it is the fans who make the club. So what type of club are we making if we begin to abandon games?

I agree behind the scenes we clearly don't have people that can take the club forward. But the implications of abandoning games goes much deeper than the immediate message to the board. This is pivotal to understand this!!!!!!!

Exactly my point when SM came out and said this the other day i totally lost faith in the morons at the club .......

"Munn defended Aloisi. "John is the ultimate professional and Bozza is paid to give an opinion, one that is not necessarily an educated one. But that's fine," Munn said. "Fox Sports is good for the game, but Bozza probably lost a bit of respect from some people after last night's silly statement."

Everyone outside the club can see theres a problem bar the morons running it. How the hell does Bozza lose respect for stating the obvious? That takes laughing stock to a whole new levelIt would've been more silly if someone hadn't asked the question. Is the club unaware of our winless record?!

• Like 1

I totally agree, even in this commercial business that is football today, it is the fans who make the club. So what type of club are we making if we begin to abandon games?

I agree behind the scenes we clearly don't have people that can take the club forward. But the implications of abandoning games goes much deeper than the immediate message to the board. This is pivotal to understand this!!!!!!!

I dont think there will be any implications other than a clear message that we will no longer put up with the shit that is being served up!! 

No matter how many banners, silent protests or chants you come up with its all feel on deaf ears and their care factor is that far below zero its not even close to funny. I BELIEVE was a campaign with hope of moving forward not taking as many steps backwards as possible. 

A Boycott is a statement of intent MAKE THINGS CHANGE NOW or risk losing what you have!! 

Everyone outside the club can see theres a problem bar the morons running it. How the hell does Bozza lose respect for stating the obvious? That takes laughing stock to a whole new level It would've been more silly if someone hadn't asked the question. Is the club unaware of our winless record?!

Obviously not an ambition-less club will only fold as no one wants to stay around and watch there team get flogged each week .... Ask Melbourne FC :)

I also think its time the FFA started asking questions ......

Edited by AntiScum

Everyone outside the club can see theres a problem bar the morons running it. How the hell does Bozza lose respect for stating the obvious? That takes laughing stock to a whole new levelIt would've been more silly if someone hadn't asked the question. Is the club unaware of our winless record?!

I think it's not that they are unaware of our winless record I think it's that the don't want to be aware of it

But yes, it's very difficult to know what to do as a supporter group. I doubt whether anyone who's written to the club or to Munn/Sidwell has had a reply, and I doubt that they'll ever get one. Didulica has disappeared; Munn almost so. The club PR continues on as if really nothing has happened and we're jogging along in mid-table somewhere. There are the continual exhortations to "get behind the red and white", and the weekly "new initiative" on tap water, hashtags, or similar. The Special Minister of State, Clint Bolton, (wonder what special projects he's actually working on?) produces the weekly Pulse (he stole that name from our fanzine); I guess it's produced to prove that the club actually has one.

This is spot on JW. And this is probably the most frustrating thing of all. I hate how the club just continues to turn a blind eye with 0 acknowledgement of the current situation we are in and don't communicate properly with us.

For example what is happening with our injuries, how is McAllistair, Germano and Engelaar coming along? Why do they not update us weekly? I am sick of seeing Germano "3 weeks" and then nek minnit he is "6 weeks". 

For me it is a total lack of respect for the members who pay money to come every week, we should be informed. 

• Like 2

Everyone outside the club can see theres a problem bar the morons running it. How the hell does Bozza lose respect for stating the obvious? That takes laughing stock to a whole new level

What rubbish from Munn.

Both Aloisi and Bozza are professionals. If Bozza is paid for his opinion on football, then so is Aloisi.

Munn has been the CEO through this whole debacle. He is the one who lost respect with his "silly statement" above.

• Like 1

But yes, it's very difficult to know what to do as a supporter group. I doubt whether anyone who's written to the club or to Munn/Sidwell has had a reply, and I doubt that they'll ever get one. Didulica has disappeared; Munn almost so. The club PR continues on as if really nothing has happened and we're jogging along in mid-table somewhere. There are the continual exhortations to "get behind the red and white", and the weekly "new initiative" on tap water, hashtags, or similar. The Special Minister of State, Clint Bolton, (wonder what special projects he's actually working on?) produces the weekly Pulse (he stole that name from our fanzine); I guess it's produced to prove that the club actually has one.

This is spot on JW. And this is probably the most frustrating thing of all. I hate how the club just continues to turn a blind eye with 0 acknowledgement of the current situation we are in and don't communicate properly with us.

For example what is happening with our injuries, how is McAllistair, Germano and Engelaar coming along? Why do they not update us weekly? I am sick of seeing Germano "3 weeks" and then nek minnit he is "6 weeks". 

For me it is a total lack of respect for the members who pay money to come every week, we should be informed. 

dont pay your money and dont show up and you will see a different attitude towards members and supporters. you keep showing up and paying and with the current attitude your saying everything is fine and rosie 

its no different to an everyday job are you going to get 16 chances?

Edited by AntiScum

dont pay your money and dont show up and you will see a different attitude towards members and supporters. you keep showing up and paying and with the current attitude your saying everything is fine and rosie 

Yeah true, was going to boycott but I'm going to the cricket before hand and will be 20 beers deep so thought that might be enough to get me through the Heart game  :up:  :up:  :up:  

I had pretty high opinion of SM

And I understand his cooperate position in the hierarchy at the club

However recently his lack of leadership and transparency regarding our current situation is very damaging to the relationships he was establishing with support group.

His credibility has taken number of heavy hits and personally I don't believe it can be repaired.

Very disappointing

• Like 1

Ok. Here you go...

Design:

- Very basic, lacks artistic creativity.

- The shadows imply you want some depth, but their use isn't consistent. What does this design stand for?

- Logos on grey then on green. I'm lost, I can't see the detail at all.

Font:

- Yeah, I get memes are popular, but do you have to use Impact for everything? Try something a bit different, like Futura. Sure, WSW use it too, but they've got it right.

- Black font on a green background? Hmm...

- I'm glad you didn't get "your" and "you're" mixed up.

Concept:

- Laughable. To suggest the club is close to death is insulting to the rest of the fan base. Are you a closet Hellas and/or MV fan? They're the only ones actively agitating for us to fold.

- Off the field we're in a fairly decent shape, major sponsor has signed on again, our deal with AAMI Park has been extended and the club is *generally* listening to the members...aside from the Aloisi issue.

Overall you get a D+ and you're lucky I don't ask you to resubmit.

Also,

- I think the tombstones should be wider - that way the logo's of the other teams are more visible

- You should put RIP above the logo on the other three tombstones

- Have some dirt in front of the tombstones to show they've been semi-recently dug...maybe NZK should be greener and GCU should be browner (in order of death).

- I agree with the head should look more like Sidwell and

- maybe instead of the digger only just starting his Melbourne Heart hole, he should have already dug out a couple of shovels-worth.

Ando - I don't think he's saying that the club is about to die or fold; this message is saying that unless you start making some changes this could be your fate, i.e. if you continue down this dangerous path you will dig your own grave and end up like the others...

a more appropriate analogy for Heart is not a gravestone but a zombie, we are the walking dead. Maybe Yarraside could have a zombie march :D

Tired, emotional, physically sick to the guts, fed up and have lost faith in God!

However...I will not lose faith in Yarraside or our team (even when they play like fucktards) No boycotting...ever! If some of us can make the trek up from Warrnambool, Bendigo, Wodonga, Rutherglen, Gippsland, Shepparton, Geelong, and other regions..then we don't want to hear the word "boycott" from those who live in the burbs of Melbourne. I will be there on Friday, yes Im fucking tired, and honestly thought that i might have been having a mild heart attack on Saturday (for real...not figuratively!) I've never felt so physically depleted as i did after the derby, i wanted to scream but could barely whimper!

But I'll be there at the Impy pre-match, i'll be there at Y-Side during the match, and as rooted as I am feeling...glad i made the trek!

NO BOYCOTTING! ONE IN! ALL IN OR DIVIDED WE WILL FALL - GO HEART! HAIL YARRASIDE FOREVER!

• Like 2

The problem is, is that members have already paid for their seats with their memberships, so a boycott will do fuck all anyway!

The premise behind this thread is so stupid I don't even know where to begin with it all. 2jcd4wl.png

By boycotting the game you are giving ammunition to those in the media and football community who criticise the legitimacy of the existence of our club. We are not in a position where we can afford to boycott matches.

More pertinently, the majority of Melbourne fans don't even read this these forums. So the reach of any boycott would never stretch beyond the more then 100 people at most who read this place on a regular basis.

Finally, the idea of having a tombstone tifo and insinuating that we are on death row is so cringeworthy and overdramatic that I am legit dry retching here at the thought of it all. It will only give the media and Vicmongs more material to batter our club over the head with.

If you want changes at the club, get tae fuck along to game. Come down around the Yarraside, make yourselves active and get vocal about what is happening. That is the best message we can send that we are not happy with our current state :up:

• Like 1

As we have seen from other clubs, the fans like to do weird things on the 80th minute mark, i.e. WSW have the Poznan, Nix take their tops off (if winning) - well how about we all just get up and leave on the 80th minute as one big unit?

Especially if we're losing, first we hold that banner up "WE WILL NOT STAND FOR MEDIOCRITY" on the 77th min (or there about) and on the 80th minute, drop the banner and just walk out - this should send a direct to the clowns who keep Aloisi employed!

If we could get the Aloisi Out banner underneath the "Mediocrity" banner it'd be even clearer for them!

What say you? We're not 'boycotting' the game per se, but we are saying, we will not put up with this shit any longer - see ya later!!

The premise behind this thread is so stupid I don't even know where to begin with it all. 2jcd4wl.png

By boycotting the game you are giving ammunition to those in the media and football community who criticise the legitimacy of the existence of our club. We are not in a position where we can afford to boycott matches.

More pertinently, the majority of Melbourne fans don't even read this these forums. So the reach of any boycott would never stretch beyond the more then 100 people at most who read this place on a regular basis.

Finally, the idea of having a tombstone tifo and insinuating that we are on death row is so cringeworthy and overdramatic that I am legit dry retching here at the thought of it all. It will only give the media and Vicmongs more material to batter our club over the head with.

If you want changes at the club, get tae fuck along to game. Come down around the Yarraside, make yourselves active and get vocal about what is happening. That is the best message we can send that we are not happy with our current state :up:

Exactly give the media more ammunition to turn the heat on the club and give them the wake up call they deserve!!! 

By sitting in the stands like a puppet buying food, drinks and showing up shows your ambition of accepting lies deception and a shit brand to support!!

Melbourne FC turned to shit lost supporters until they realised they had a crisis and did something about it.

SHIT COACH - GONE! 

SHIT IMAGE - GONE!

DENIAL - GONE

spent the money on field recruited well and on its coaching department with a winning mentality RAISES HOPE AGAIN!!  

Edited by AntiScum

everyone who is boycotting the game should be ashamed of themselves! Support your team and show your loyalty to the club.  :angry:  :angry:

Im a Melbourne FC member and i feel like its worse atm for the heart, but just like the dees, i will still show up and support the boys no matter what.

and i thought we had loyal supporters.. :angry:

everyone who is boycotting the game should be ashamed of themselves! Support your team and show your loyalty to the club.  :angry:  :angry:

Im a Melbourne FC member and i feel like its worse atm for the heart, but just like the dees, i will still show up and support the boys no matter what.

I along with my mates are boycotting and im not ashamed what so ever  :)

2 years of lies, deception is enough!! STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!!!  

we were seen as rivals to the victards but were nothing but a laughing stock! 

Edited by AntiScum

I along with my mates are boycotting and im not ashamed what so ever  :)

2 years of lies, deception is enough!! STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!!!  

we were seen as rivals to the victards but were nothing but a laughing stock!

We will be more of a laughing stock if nobody rocks up to out home games