Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Khaldoon didn't seem to say much on Heart. He said he didn't like to talk about promises much, but effectively all the talk about Heart seemed to be about promises/goals (using very good resources, being the best, etc.).

He seemed to hold the Melbourne Heart staff in fairly high regard, which was curious.

The only other Heart related thing of note that I found interesting was that Khaldoon seemed to suggest that NYCFC would have some pretty big and exciting signing/s pretty soon. That could be relevant to Heart, as a marquee NYCFC player might come to Heart on loan. Also, one could assume that Heart's international signings are also progressing at a good pace, if NYCFC, which first plays about March next year, is already signing significant players (and we'll get a sense of how ambitious the recruitment is for clubs like NYCFC, and possibly Heart, once we see NYCFC's signings).

I don't think much was said, so I guess the next significant news about Melbourne Heart will come from the club itself.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

I'm of the belief that CFG have made the judgement call that they will stick with the current admin for now because of the financial straight jacket they were operating under and the ability to find replacements that know the Australian market and the game will be hard. With the straight jacket removed the admin/coaching will be expected to improve the on field performance (how long they have to show that is not known of course) and if not then CFG will have been operating in Australia long enough to find local staff to train or have European/American staff ready to come over.

The CFG school of management is surprisingly simple, first they give you whatever you need to do your job, then you get particular goals to achieve, it´s a hiding from nothing situation really.. Improvement is expected every year and you can´t blame anyone really because you will have whatever resources you have asked for.

Word is it's been moved to next week, still some issues with the naming rights. Sadly I can confirm we'll be playing in sky blue.

and a sneak peak at our new jerseys, modelled by our 2 new marquee signings

658981-bananas-in-pyjamas.jpg

Dammit!!!

Waiting for my likes to recharge :-(