Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Curious to see people's opinions on who was the better footballer during their time with heart, Maycon or Mifsud? 

Maycon just shaves it in my opinion.

The difference is that Maycon was signed on a One Season Base Contract as a last minute addition to the list whilst MM is getting at least four times as much for his one Season at Heart.

Curious to see people's opinions on who was the better footballer during their time with heart, Maycon or Mifsud? 

The difference is that Maycon was signed on a One Season Base Contract as a last minute addition to the list whilst MM is getting at least four times as much for his one Season at Heart.

Are you sure Maycon was a "last-minute addition"? I thought JvS said quite early in the piece something about "...we have our three Brazilians..." - of which Maycon was one.

Which was the better? Probably Maycon, because we moved him on before the end of the season in question.

Are you sure Maycon was a "last-minute addition"? I thought JvS said quite early in the piece something about "...we have our three Brazilians..." - of which Maycon was one.

Which was the better? Probably Maycon, because we moved him on before the end of the season in question.

I am pretty sure he was on of the last to be signed for S2 and I know for a fact he was on a base contract.

I think the combination of him being a Brazilian, a Striker and a particular Youtube video made PPL expect a lot more from a player Heart themselves clearly thought was a 50/50 chance of being successful in the A League.

Maycon was signed before 16th July 2011. I don't recall when he arrived, but he played in the practice match against Springvale on 9th September when he scored a goal. S2 started on 8th October.

True - But most of the squad for Season Two were signed for Two Years prior to Season One so he was still one of the later additions to the list.

also MM came with much higher expectations from the club than Maycon. 

Mifsud was expected to be the one to push us into finals/top 4.

is it fair to say that Mifsud has been the worst ever visa player in a-league history?

No.  Not even close i reckon - has been some truly horrible ones in the early days.

Here's 3 for starters:

• Brian Deane
  • Steve McMahon Jr
  • Mario Jardel
  •  
  • jardel2.jpeg

Here is Mr Lardel himself.

• Like 1

is it fair to say that Mifsud has been the worst ever visa player in a-league history?

Darren Bazely, Ben Collett, Sean Devine, Neil Emblem, Simon Yeo & Ronnie Bull all are far worse, and all played for NZ Knights in Season 1. Shows how far the competition has come.

Remember Bru from Victery?

Bru was deliberately isolated in an effort to make him so miserable that he would agree to a mutual termination of contract - which, in the end he did. He had to keep training however, otherwise he would have been in breach of his contract and could have been terminated by the club without his agreement.

The conspicuous absentee from our training seems to be MM. Players such as Walker, Mitchinson etc., who may be released, are still at training. Presumably MM has decided to see out his contract by training somewhere.

The classic story where a player decided to see out his contract for financial reasons - despite not playing - is Winston Bogarde.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde

• Like 4

Remember Bru from Victery?

Bru was deliberately isolated in an effort to make him so miserable that he would agree to a mutual termination of contract - which, in the end he did. He had to keep training however, otherwise he would have been in breach of his contract and could have been terminated by the club without his agreement.

The conspicuous absentee from our training seems to be MM. Players such as Walker, Mitchinson etc., who may be released, are still at training. Presumably MM has decided to see out his contract by training somewhere.

The classic story where a player decided to see out his contract for financial reasons - despite not playing - is Winston Bogarde.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde

That is absolutely brilliant  :clap: